Ironing board fabric?

Old December 5th 04, 08:22 PM
jtsnow

Default Ironing board fabric?

Im making a large ironing surface (6'x2') to iron quilts on.
What fabric/material should I use and where can I buy material premade
specifically for iron boards or appropriate to use for an ironing board?

Any tips appreciated

Thank you!

Old December 5th 04, 09:23 PM
Dianne Lewandowski

100% cotton muslin, percale, or broadcloth. I've made several small
sleeve board covers using muslin. It's perfect. It's washable. No
sizing to worry about. You may want to pre-wash before sewing up - to
avoid excess shrinking.

It's getting more difficult to find decent cotton ironing board covers.
Dianne

Old December 5th 04, 11:19 PM
The Lady Gardener

I go along to an upholsterer and look through their remnants. My ironing
board is covered in Sanderson Linen which is so tough and perfect for
ironing on.

Joanne

Old December 6th 04, 12:00 PM
Cheryl Isaak

On 12/5/04 2:22 PM, in article keJsd.42$9B.33@lakeread03, "jtsnow"
wrote:

Im making a large ironing surface (6'x2') to iron quilts on.
What fabric/material should I use and where can I buy material premade
specifically for iron boards or appropriate to use for an ironing board?

Any tips appreciated

Thank you!

My grand mother used layers of old sheets ( all cotton ones). Since she had
several types, this allowed her to customize what she wanted.

Cheryl

FABRICS on Bidville joan Marketplace 0 October 5th 03 05:52 PM
Tapestry frame or embroidery hoop Jill Spottiswoode Needlework 7 September 22nd 03 10:27 AM
2 down, 4 to go & my fabric talks to me Diana Curtis Quilting 4 August 12th 03 03:40 AM
Pressing and Cutting Paradigm Shift needed frood Quilting 37 July 31st 03 10:20 AM
72 Excuses for Adding to Your Stash Debbi Quilting 16 July 29th 03 12:18 PM