"Sparks of Lime" photos

Old July 27th 08, 05:00 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Michelle C[_3_]

Default "Sparks of Lime" photos

Lovely Jennel. It so refreshing and cool.
--
Michelle in NV
http://community.webshots.com/user/desert_quilter

"jennellh" wrote in message
Sorry, for some reason I got / instead of dots!!! Try now..
http://community.webshots.com/user/barnyowl
I should also say that I made a new album for it so that I could email
it to my friend. jennellh

On Jul 24, 7:36 pm, wrote:
On 25 Jul, 07:39, jennellh wrote:

aka - the green table runner! A week ago, it was sitting on a pile of
projects (4 other table runners and a set of 6 placemats) - then my
sister told me that her neighbour was hoping to give the green table
runner to her daughter for a birthday gift - this weekend! I had to
make a quick decision about the backing fabric and then pull together
more ideas for quilting the segments. Two long sessions for the
quilting and then the trimming and binding was done late last night -
this morning I sat for 4hours hand sewing the binding (no finger boo-
boo's so nonthimble not necessary yet) - tomorrow, our friend can take
delivery of the runner - and wrap it up. Wonder what the b'day cake
will be like? Hope, she saves me a piece.
jennellhhttp://community/webshots/com/user/barnyowl

Couldn't get the webshots site up...can you check again thanks jennllh
Cheers Bronnie

Old July 27th 08, 05:08 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Carolyn McCarty

Lovely! I don't care a lot for green, but that really is a beauty. You do
beautiful work, Jennell!

--
Carolyn in The Old Pueblo

If it ain't broke, you're not trying. --Red Green

If at first you don't succeed, switch to power tools. --Red Green

Old July 27th 08, 05:10 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy

Default Eureka, was "Sparks of Lime" photos

In article
,
jennellh wrote:

I went to the animas website and looked at the eureka photo pages from
your retreat - the variations of all the colours on all the quilts
worked! I really haven't worked with the stash against fabric
requirements yet but I do have lots of backgrounds yardages to choose
from - depending on what other colour groups I can put together. I
find that I rarely end up with an original grouping of fabrics once I
start cutting out - I'll suddenly remember another piece that might
work better and then I'll rootle until I end up with more choices to
make. Then there are those fabrics that I just don't want to cut into
yet and the others that I really should use for something....thanks
for the advice and I'll keep you up to date when I start. jennellh

LOL! I'd never have been able to make that quilt from my stash, since I
don't have many large pieces of fabric hanging around. G I have no
idea why there are two photos of my quilt on Jackie's site, but I didn't
really make two. I'll be anxious to see what you come up with!

--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://www.sandymike.net
Old July 27th 08, 06:13 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
jennellh

Thank you Carolyn - I enjoyed working with the greens which is also a
colour that I wear a lot - so many variables......jennellh

On Jul 27, 12:08*pm, "Carolyn McCarty"
wrote:
Lovely! *I don't care a lot for green, but that really is a beauty. *You do
beautiful work, Jennell!

--
Carolyn in The Old Pueblo

If it ain't broke, you're not trying. *--Red Green
If it ain't broke, it ain't mine. *--Carolyn McCarty

If at first you don't succeed, switch to power tools. *--Red Green
If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer. *--Carolyn McCarty

On Jul 24, 7:36 pm, wrote:

[...]

Cheers Bronnie- Hide quoted text -

Old July 27th 08, 06:16 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
jennellh

I can probably answer your 2 quilt question: the address is given as
Henderson for one and Las Vegas for the other. They probably thought
you were a duo since the shadings of the photos are slightly
different. Your quilt is worth looking at twice. Take your pick of
solutions to the 2 pic display. jennellh

On Jul 27, 12:10*pm, Sandy wrote:
In article
,

sw.foster1 (at) gmail (dot) com (remove/change the obvious)http://www.sandymike.net

Old July 27th 08, 10:48 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy

In article
,
jennellh wrote:

I can probably answer your 2 quilt question: the address is given as
Henderson for one and Las Vegas for the other. They probably thought
you were a duo since the shadings of the photos are slightly
different. Your quilt is worth looking at twice. Take your pick of
solutions to the 2 pic display. jennellh

Gosh, I never even noticed the difference in the cities! Thanks for
pointing that out; I think I'll just ignore it. G Thanks for the
compliment.