"HUG" KATE....long

Old March 6th 06, 02:01 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default "HUG" KATE....long

What can I say, in a word WOW!!!!!!!!!

You all pulled a fast one on me. Polly and I had planned on a day at
the Pensacola Quilt Show and a show and tell in the parking lot of the
Crackerbarrel where we were to meet.
She said she would bring HER Hug for me to see. I was thrilled that I
would get to see it.
Little did I know that the quilt I would be looking at and admiring was
for me. When she handed to box to me I was still unaware. When we
were folding it up I got to look at the label and was stunned. I
couldn't believe it. What a surprise. And there Polly stood, just
grinning.

We piled into my van and off the Pensacola. The sun was out and
beautiful blue skies. Traffic was not congested at all. We jabbered
all the way to Florida and before you know it we were in Pensacola
looking for the exit to get off and head for the show.

When I walked into the Quilt Show it was like my whole being relaxed
for the first time in 6 months. I felt GREAT. The quilts were
beautiful. I was taken by a red and white Hunter's Star. We spent
about 2 hours wondering around the show, then through the vendor's
mall. Sad to say we didn't find any of the raspberry fabric I was
looking for.

Then it was time for a late lunch and the trip back home. We got to
Mobile and just had to stop at Joann Fabric. It was getting dark by
this time and the traffic was getting thick. We spent a lot of time at
the fabric store without finding anything appealing. I bought the
Quiltmaker magazine. Hadn't seen one of those is 6 months. Got some
rotary blades I needed. Tired and very happy we headed to Mississippi.
I dropped Polly off, got a cup of coffee and headed for home. I got
in about 10 p.m. and went to bed.

When I got up Sunday I took the Hug from the box to take a long look at
it. Every block, every name. I did something I didn't think I'd do.
I sat and cried. All the emotions of the past 6 months came tumbling
out. I wrapped myself up in your act of love and kindness and sobbed.
The healing process began with your Hug. I can never thank you all
for the medicine a doctor can never perscribe.

Your precious quilt is now on my bed. Every morning I will have
sunshine to greet me. All the yellows, oranges and greens. What an
eye popper. And the roses, thank you for them. The rose garden I lost
because of the storm will now be on my bed. Words can not express my
feelings and just how much you have done for me. Bless you all for
your kindness.

Kate T. South Mississippi

Old March 6th 06, 02:11 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

WOOO HOOO another HUG makes it to it's new home where it is needed more than
the Hugee would ever know! (but does now ;-) )

--
Jessamy
In The Netherlands

Old March 6th 06, 02:43 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Oh Kate, what a wonderful story in the continuing line of Hug successes!
And good on you, Polly, way to pull it off! Anybody get pictures??

Karen, Queen of Squishies

Old March 6th 06, 02:58 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Hugged and a day with Polly? What a fun time you are having Kate.
Glad your hug made its way home to you. So glad you got away and
were able to relax and enjoy the day. And a new roof to 'top'
the whole thing off sounds pretty great. Things are looking up!
Taria

Old March 6th 06, 03:57 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

I know just what you mean. One doesn't realize how healing it can be or how
sick your heart really was until you wrap yourself in a gift of love. It's
like all the walls that were holding you so fiercely together suddenly give
way. Your heart just fills up and runs out your eyes. Then the window
panes of your soul are washed clean and you can feel joy again. It's a
cleansing and a healing and cause for great rejoicing.

SNIGDIBBLY
~e~
"
/ \
oups.com...

Old March 6th 06, 06:10 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

I have pics of the Hug, but not the "gifting." I'll get them posted tonight!

--
Louise in Iowa
nieland4 at mchsi dot com

Old March 6th 06, 06:11 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Polly can be really sneaky, can't she??? Glad to hear the HUG is doing its
job.

--
Louise in Iowa
nieland4 at mchsi dot com

Old March 6th 06, 06:17 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Kate, so glad you got to spend a relaxing weekend away from home. I just
couldn't imagine all that you have been through...

Sad to say we didn't find any of the raspberry fabric I was looking for.

What fabric is that? There is a shop in MD called Traditions at the White Swan
in Hagerstown that had an allover raspberry fabric at the Hampton show. One
that you would put in to a "fruit salad" quilt.

http://www.quiltwhiteswan.com/

They'll be at my guild's show this weekend (gak! It's this weekend!) if you'd
like me to look for you. I bought a FQ of it, it was Timeless Treasure's...

http://www.sunshinesewing.com/cgi-bi...od5_c6871_rasp

Let me know...

Hugs,
Cappy

Old March 6th 06, 09:13 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Kate:
What a lovely report. I am not sure if I sent in a block, (my
mind is a sieve.) I do want to send warm wishes and prayers for
you. Enjoy the quilt and the friendship it represents.
Hugs,
PAT