"Over the River..." Embroidered/Pieced Quilt

Old August 6th 08, 09:31 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
teleflora

Default "Over the River..." Embroidered/Pieced Quilt

Joan, I think I would stick with a cream/black rather than just a few
touches of gold. I think the gold stands out too much and there isn't
enough of it to be cohesive. My LQS just used the black and cream and it is
gorgeous!

I think it's mostly outline stitch with black thread, isn't it? And I
really like it. Better than some of the other embroider/quilt patterns they
put out.

I have the pattern for the Merry Little Christmas quilt. I LOVE the
embroidery. The piecing? Not so much. And what's with that discordant
blue thing in the middle of the quilt. Don't care for that at all. I will
figure out something else. But the embroidery is beautiful.

That's why I never bought the Winter Wonderland pattern. Loved the
embroidery. Hated the piecing.

I have Zelda's Hat. I can't wait to make that, although I may shrink it
down. It's pretty big.

Cindy

"joan8904 in Bellevue Nebraska" wrote in message
I guess I just wanted the over all impression that the quilt makes on
someone who has actually seen one completed. It's certainly
impressive from the photo. I'm not a serious embroidery person, but
it's within my abilities, I think. But it would be a serious
committment. I'll probably get the pattern and meditate on it for
awhile.

joan

On Aug 5, 5:57?pm, "teleflora" wrote:
I have the pattern along with about every other one they make. ?Plus many
kits. ?Haven't started that one yet.

What is it you want to know, Joan? ?They're gorgeous.

Cindy

"joan8904 in Bellevue Nebraska" wrote in

Has anyone seen a completed 'Over the River and Thru the Woods'
embroidered and pieced quilt? Crabapple Hill is the pattern maker.
The color picture shows it in black and goldy-beige. ?While I'm not a
regular embroidery person, this quilt is really speaking to me. ?I'd
love to hear comments from anyone who has made or seen one in person.
tia,
joan- Hide quoted text -

Old August 6th 08, 09:55 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
joan8904 in Bellevue Nebraska

So your LQS has an actual OVER THE RIVER made up? Do they have it on
a website by any chance? I would love to see it!

Not being a real conversant with this combination of technics, I
hadn't thought about the combination. I think I agree with you about
liking the embroidery and not so much the piecing. I felt that way
about WINTER WONDERLAND, but couldn't quite put it into words. Maybe
that's why I like the black one so much more.

I think I'll put myself in the 'wish book' for the pattern and start
picking up pieces of fabric. A bit here, a bit there. :

joan

Old August 7th 08, 01:45 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
teleflora

Sorry, they don't have a website, but the next time I'm that way, I'll take
a picture. It might be awhile though. I'm swamped.

Old April 21st 09, 04:20 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
njgrl4evr

njgrl4evr had written this in response to
http://www.sewgirls.com/quilting/Ove...lt-108663-.htm
:

Hi Joan,
I just started this quilt. I traced the pattern onto tea-dyed muslin with
a black permanent marker. I haven't done embroidery in years but this is
going faster than I thought it would. I had fun collecting fat quarters
for the quilt blocks. It gives me something to do when I'm not at my
sewing machine and I can even watch TV while I am doing it.
I'll let you know how it turns out.
KC

Delivered via http://www.sewgirls.com/
Sewing Community of the Net
rec.crafts.textiles.quilting - 124662 messages and counting!