Lurkers and readers, what about 6x6?

Old August 26th 04, 05:57 PM
Aud

Default Lurkers and readers, what about 6x6?

First:

Thank you Nora for a great job, and thank you Cher and Noreen,

who also have been responsible for

"getting us safely through our first year" of 6x6!

Congratulations to CNN, AND to all of us!

As we know, from time to time, many readers think

there are too many messages about 6x6.

But I think this project has brought us more together,

and may be made our newsgroup more "solid" .

Therefore I hope that even more of the "lurkers" and others will join
us!

Remember: you don't have to join every month if you think that is a bit
too much!

You don't need to be an expert.

I am sure that you are able to make a square which is

6x6" (a BIT more than15 x15 cm)

Don't bother about the pattern if THAT part stops you!

Garter stitches or sc is beautiful!

Welcome to get new friends,

and look forward to enjoy the exciting feeling

when you discover an envelope in your post!

AUD from Norway ;-))
alrefsnesathotmaildotcom
http://community.webshots.com/user/dual44

Old August 26th 04, 10:38 PM
jacqueline joyce

Hiya
I'm new to this group .Could you please tell me what 6x6 is please
Jacquie

Old August 27th 04, 01:52 AM
NoraBalcer

Hi Jacquie,

I don't have the FAQ's on this laptop, but I will send them to you tomorrow
morning. What it is we exchange 6x6 either knit or crochet squares once a month
with a partner that I have assigned to you for that month. It's fun and if you
have been reading RCTY you will know that we are going to have our first
anniversary of it with the Sept. squares. I hope you come and join us.

Nora
Old August 27th 04, 02:05 AM
Janise Ross

Adding on to Nora's post...we exchange 2 squares with our partners. Each
person decides the color, the weight, and the fiber of the yarn and tells
the partner. Then, it is up to the partner to fill the order. For example,
my partner might want blue squares, made in worsted weight acrylic yarn.
Then, it is up to me to find a blue yarn and knit or crochet the pattern(s)
of my own choice. We are supposed to send out our squares by the 20th of
that month. Some people have been including other "gifts" in their
packages. I received a crochetted book mark with my last squares. At 1
point, we had been sending postcards from where we live.
And your snail mail address is never published at rcty. We communicate
privately via our own email addresses.
I'm proud to say that I have been doing the exchanges from the first
month. It has been a lot of fun!

HTH

Janise

Old August 27th 04, 03:30 AM
Gwendoline Kelly

Aud I agree that it would be a great experience for "lurkers" and/or
readers. Especially ,as you said, the excitement to get that package in
the post - it seems like a year of birthdays !!! God Bless Gwen

--

Gwen Kelly

Old August 27th 04, 04:02 AM
Elizabeth Naime

No, I like seeing all the 6X6 messages -- it's new since I dropped off
the group! How about pointers to the "ground rules?" any 6X6 square, any
method, any pattern. Yarn requirements e.g. synthetic? How many squares
does each participant make? What do we do with them, and what do the
recipients do with them?

It sounds really wonderful, I just don't know what it's all about! :-)

Only know that there is no spork.
Old August 27th 04, 04:55 AM
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

It is a secret group making good deeds ,,
mirjam and i shamefully dropped out .

Old August 27th 04, 01:00 PM
Katherine

Elizabeth Naime wrote:
No, I like seeing all the 6X6 messages -- it's new since I dropped off
the group! How about pointers to the "ground rules?" any 6X6 square,
any method, any pattern. Yarn requirements e.g. synthetic? How many
squares does each participant make? What do we do with them, and what
do the recipients do with them?

We contact our partners off-list, and discuss yarn weight and colour. We can
knit or crochet, as we prefer., It is great fun - even when people fall
behind and end up having to work like crazy to catch up! g

Katherine

Old August 27th 04, 01:28 PM
mejane

Hi, Nora,

Now that I am back reading this group, the square exchange sounds like
fun. Sign me up, please.
Jane in toronto

Old August 27th 04, 04:50 PM
NoraBalcer

Hi Jane,

Yes, it's a great exchange as you have seen we have done it for one year now.
I've put your name down.

Hugs,

Nora