Spring International Quilt Festival

Old March 28th 04, 02:50 PM
Eli

Default Spring International Quilt Festival

I went to the Quilt Festival yesterday. I wasn't planning on going because
we had too much going on. But my son's opening baseball game was cancelled
and so I called my sister (a non quilter who lives in the Chicago area) and
we went. Now, my sister just doesn't "get it" when it comes to quilting.
But by the end of the 5 hours, she had snapped as many pictures as I had,
had ooohhhh'd and aaahhhh'd along with me at the wonderful art and
craftsmanship of these women (and men). My sister is an engineer and really
brought a unique eye and perspective that I wouldn't have.

With only 5 hours, I didn't visit even a small portion of the market. I
think I missed whole sections of the show, because I don't remember some of
the quilts that are in the program! Some quilts gave me goosebumps (many
did actually). I thoroughly enjoyed myself.

--
Gina in IL
http://community.webshots.com/user/dgelias

Old March 29th 04, 02:32 PM
Polly Esther

Either your sister is a very good sport or she is hooked, maybe both. So
glad you got to go to the Quilt Festival. It just sounds so big. (Although I
certainly would certainly hit it with my best shot.) Polly