Claudette OT

Old July 15th 03, 11:51 AM
Steve & Susan Wright

Default Claudette OT

We are at this time planning on sitting out Claudette. We got the bus
travel ready but yesterday Claudette was looking to hit up coast North about
60-90 miles and 75 MPH winds so we are sitting. Late last night it had
turned more westerly which brings her closer and the winds have picked up.
This morning I haven't checked yet but worst fear is to get stuck on the
road and in the middle of it so thinking we may try to ride it out here.
Keep your fingers crossed, prayers agoing and all and everything as we rock
in the wind. Park friends have said we shouldn't have tidal surge but at
least we are on the higher ground. Don't expect to be back to read much
here for a few days. Hope the electricity stays on and the water doesn't
get contaminated. At least we weight 35000 pounds and have a rounded
profile with a low center of gravity.

Susan W

Old July 15th 03, 12:46 PM
Kandice Seeber

(((((hugs)))))) Stay safe!

--
Kandice Seeber
Air & Earth Designs
link.net...

Old July 15th 03, 01:26 PM
Farleyaw

The storm is sweeping by my area right now (gulf coast Texas). Luckily, we're
a tiny bit north of the eye of the storm. It's pretty windy out and very
rainy. So far, it's not gawd awful terrible - just summer stormy. I've latched
everything down. My horse is now afraid to go in his barn as it's dark in
there since I've shut all windows, etc. I left a large amount of hay in his
stall this morning as a bribe. His pony friend is much more practical and is
now happily wallowing in her hay. If it gets really windy/stormy he'll hunker
down in the back corner of the pasture. We'll get some flooding around here
but luckily we drain pretty quickly. Only hope by this afternoon the weather
slows down a bit as I have to go to work (RN) and I have to cross a very steep
long bridge to get there!

Anne

PS - I just got a new roof - rated for high winds/storms. Let's hope all those
printed promises on paper hold true!
Old July 15th 03, 02:00 PM
Karen_AZ

We're avidly watching the weather reports on this one, HOPING that it sweeps
a bit south then carries northwest so we can get some RAIN. The monsoons are
supposed to start this week, with or without Claudette's help, but more is
always better. It's so pitifully dry here. Driving back from Winslow Sunday
(did I mention my car wouldn't let us go to Santa Fe?) we came through the
mountains instead of down I-17. All along the roadside there were scorch
marks...traces of brush fires that were mercifully caught soon enough. I'm
an ex-smoker, so is Mike, but it ****es us both off when people are too lazy
or stupid (or both) to use their damned ashtrays when there are signs about
every mile as reminders. grrrrrr

--
KarenK
Desert Dreamer Designs

Old July 15th 03, 02:26 PM
rainbow

I am from New Orleans, originally. I was there for the famous Betsy and
Camille and for Andrew. Betsy pulled up a 25 year old oak tree in my
front yard, that 4 kids hand to hand couldn't get their arms around and
threw it across the street. I feel for you. Do what you have to, to be
safe. Hopefully this one won;t be too bad.
Rainbow

Old July 15th 03, 03:36 PM
Carol in SLC

At least we weigh 35000 pounds and have a rounded profile with a low center of
gravity.

Susan, you'll be in my thoughts and prayers!!

Carol in SLC
(My stuff - http://members.aol.com/carolinslc/driver1.jpg )
Little sister's new JB auctions 6/28
http://www.justbeads.com/search/ql.cfm?s=63875
Old July 15th 03, 08:29 PM
Dr. Sooz

Whoa. Prayers a-plenty for you, Susan.

We are at this time planning on sitting out Claudette.

~~
Sooz
-------
ESBC
Dr. Sooz's Bead Links
One of the advantages of being disorderly is that one is constantly making
exciting discoveries. ~ A. A. Milne