Somebody has the answer!

Old September 30th 10, 01:59 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Fred

Default Somebody has the answer!

So could you please post how to clean the swarf out of the bristles on your
Boo Boo brush.

T.I.A.

Fred
http://www.stitchaway.com
If nothing changes, nothing changes.
Don't back stitch to email, just stitchit.

Old September 30th 10, 02:43 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
lucille

"Fred" wrote in message
So could you please post how to clean the swarf out of the bristles on
your Boo Boo brush.

T.I.A.

Fred
http://www.stitchaway.com
If nothing changes, nothing changes.
Don't back stitch to email, just stitchit.

Very carefully with a straight pin and tweezers. Bit by Bit by Bit.

Old September 30th 10, 01:48 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Fred

"Lucille" wrote in message

"Fred" wrote in message
So could you please post how to clean the swarf out of the bristles on
your Boo Boo brush.

T.I.A.

Fred
http://www.stitchaway.com
If nothing changes, nothing changes.
Don't back stitch to email, just stitchit.

Very carefully with a straight pin and tweezers. Bit by Bit by Bit.

That's what I've been doing but it is a real pain.
I've tried vacumning out the swarf but it does
not work too good.

I was thinking that as long as there wasn't too
much swarf one could pass the bristle end
over a small lighted birthday candle. If one
did it fast enough the swarf should turn to
ash and the bristles might not melt. Then
just vacumn out the small bits of ash.

Old September 30th 10, 11:09 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Donna

On Sep 30, 8:48*am, "Fred" wrote:
"Lucille" wrote in message

"Fred" wrote in message
So could you please post how to clean the swarf out of the bristles on
your Boo Boo brush.

T.I.A.

Fred
http://www.stitchaway.com
If nothing changes, nothing changes.
Don't back stitch to email, just stitchit.

Very carefully with a straight pin and *tweezers. * Bit by Bit by Bit.

That's what I've been doing but it is a real pain.
I've tried vacumning out the swarf but it does
not work too good.

I was thinking that as long as there wasn't too
much swarf one could pass the bristle end
over a small lighted birthday candle. If one
did it fast enough the swarf should turn to
ash and the bristles might not melt. Then
just vacumn out the small bits of ash.

Fredhttp://www.stitchaway.com
If nothing changes, nothing changes.
Don't back stitch to email, just stitchit.

Fred,

That sounds like a possible solution.

I'm looking forward to hearing about your scientific experiments on
this issue.

Donna in Virginia
Old October 4th 10, 10:04 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Fred

"Donna" wrote in message
On Sep 30, 8:48 am, "Fred" wrote:
"Lucille" wrote in message

"Fred" wrote in message
[...]

Passing the Boo Boo brush over a small candle or lighter WORKS!
You have to experiment a bit - like don't hold the brush too close
to the flame to start with and you have to do it rather fast. Slowly
lower the brush closer to the flame and/or slow down the rate that
you pass the brush over the flame. It takes a few passes but the
swarf burns up (turns into little sparks) and I just tapped the brush
on a table to knock off ashes/debris? after I was done.

The trick is to let the flame burn off the swarf without melting the
bristles.
I did not see any discloloration in the bristles what so ever when I was
done. Your success will depend to a degree on how much swarf you
let build up in the bristles. As a caution you might want to have a glass
of water handy that you could dunk the brush into if there is too much
swarf burning all at once.

If one cleans the brush often rather than leaving too much swarf to
build up there should be no problem at all.

Beats trying to pick the debris out with needles and tweezers.

How to answer? Ruthie Needlework 7 November 15th 04 05:45 PM
OT - one of you will have the answer(s) Cheryl Isaak Needlework 16 September 2nd 04 12:24 PM
Please I Need an Answer Soon Maryann Quilting 7 May 2nd 04 03:36 PM
Will they of you who can see me, please answer!?! Aud Yarn 35 February 10th 04 01:22 AM
OT another poll to answer Diana Curtis Beads 6 December 29th 03 08:19 PM