Mayflower (and note to Bobbie V)

Old September 28th 10, 04:47 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Felice

Default Mayflower (and note to Bobbie V)

It's been a while since I've been in needlework mode, but now I'd like to
stitch a mayflower (flower, not ship!) pillow for my granddaughter and I
hope someone can help me.

I've searched far and wide and found two -- one from
applecrossstitchdesigns.com and one from foxberrycottage.com -- but neither
is what I had in mind. I did find a stitched mayflower on the New World
Tapestry but that would involve making a cross-stitch chart from the photo
and would be a last resort.

Has anyone any leads? Thanks.

Felice

P.S. to Bobbie. I finished the Patchwork Garden Pincushion Ball, for which
you kindly provided some leftover floss, and it's lovely! It's far to pretty
to use, though, so it's sitting in a round Waterford crystal bowl on my
dining table. Thanks again!

Old September 28th 10, 06:48 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
bobbieviorritto

On 9/28/2010 11:47 AM, Felice wrote:
It's been a while since I've been in needlework mode, but now I'd like to
stitch a mayflower (flower, not ship!) pillow for my granddaughter and I
hope someone can help me.

I've searched far and wide and found two -- one from
applecrossstitchdesigns.com and one from foxberrycottage.com -- but neither
is what I had in mind. I did find a stitched mayflower on the New World
Tapestry but that would involve making a cross-stitch chart from the photo
and would be a last resort.

Has anyone any leads? Thanks.

Felice

P.S. to Bobbie. I finished the Patchwork Garden Pincushion Ball, for which
you kindly provided some leftover floss, and it's lovely! It's far to pretty
to use, though, so it's sitting in a round Waterford crystal bowl on my
dining table. Thanks again!

And you are most welcome. I did finish a pair of socks and worked on the
Taj Mahal Mandela. AND I CLEANED my craft room and found way too many
UFO's. LOL

Bobbie V.
Old September 29th 10, 12:01 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

On 9/28/10 11:47 AM, in article ,
"Felice" wrote:

It's been a while since I've been in needlework mode, but now I'd like to
stitch a mayflower (flower, not ship!) pillow for my granddaughter and I
hope someone can help me.

I've searched far and wide and found two -- one from
applecrossstitchdesigns.com and one from foxberrycottage.com -- but neither
is what I had in mind. I did find a stitched mayflower on the New World
Tapestry but that would involve making a cross-stitch chart from the photo
and would be a last resort.

Has anyone any leads? Thanks.

Felice

P.S. to Bobbie. I finished the Patchwork Garden Pincushion Ball, for which
you kindly provided some leftover floss, and it's lovely! It's far to pretty
to use, though, so it's sitting in a round Waterford crystal bowl on my
dining table. Thanks again!

First - that looks like a really fun project....

As to your mayflower chart - it would help to know which mayflower you're
looking for - 5 petals, 3 three petals... There are several that go by that
name.

Having said that, let me look at my stash. I might have few books or charts
with wild flowers

Old September 30th 10, 08:40 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Lucille[_4_]

On Sep 28, 11:47*am, "Felice" wrote:
It's been a while since I've been in needlework mode, but now I'd like to
stitch a mayflower (flower, not ship!) pillow for my granddaughter and I
hope someone can help me.

I've searched far and wide and found two -- one from
applecrossstitchdesigns.com and one from foxberrycottage.com -- but neither
is what I had in mind. I did find a stitched mayflower on the New World
Tapestry but that would involve making a cross-stitch chart from the photo
and would be a last resort.

Has anyone any leads? Thanks.

Felice

P.S. to Bobbie. I finished the Patchwork Garden Pincushion Ball, for which
you kindly provided some leftover floss, and it's lovely! It's far to pretty
to use, though, so it's sitting in a round Waterford crystal bowl on my
dining table. Thanks again!

Hi! I was wondering if you could send me the directions for the
Patchwork Garden Pincushion Ball. I have many different kinds and I
would love to have one like yours. You can send the directions to
Thanks! LMD
Old September 30th 10, 11:31 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Felice

"Lucille" wrote in message
On Sep 28, 11:47 am, "Felice" wrote:

snip irrelevant original message

P.S. to Bobbie. I finished the Patchwork Garden Pincushion Ball, for which
you kindly provided some leftover floss, and it's lovely! It's far to
pretty
to use, though, so it's sitting in a round Waterford crystal bowl on my
dining table. Thanks again!

Hi! I was wondering if you could send me the directions for the
Patchwork Garden Pincushion Ball. I have many different kinds and I
would love to have one like yours. You can send the directions to
Thanks! LMD

Lucille, this is one big honkin' pincushion -- about 6 inches in diameter --
and the directions are 10 pages long, so you might want to see a picture
before you decide to do it! It's a gorgeous object, as Bobbie V will
confirm, and might well be the queen of your collection.
http://www.dinkydyes.iinet.net.au/twisted_oaks.htm
Let me know your mailing address and I'll snail it to you, along with the
leftover silk threads. I'd be happy to see someone else getting the pleasure
I did out of this lovely design.

Felice

Old October 1st 10, 11:30 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
bobbieviorritto

Default Twisted Oaks Designs was Mayflower (and note to Bobbie V)

On 9/30/2010 6:31 PM, Felice wrote:
Snip

Hi! I was wondering if you could send me the directions for the
Patchwork Garden Pincushion Ball. I have many different kinds and I
would love to have one like yours. You can send the directions to
Thanks! LMD

Lucille, this is one big honkin' pincushion -- about 6 inches in diameter --
and the directions are 10 pages long, so you might want to see a picture
before you decide to do it! It's a gorgeous object, as Bobbie V will
confirm, and might well be the queen of your collection.
http://www.dinkydyes.iinet.net.au/twisted_oaks.htm
Let me know your mailing address and I'll snail it to you, along with the
leftover silk threads. I'd be happy to see someone else getting the pleasure
I did out of this lovely design.

Felice

Felice, Is the Garden Pincushion Ball charts easy to read. I did the
Pyramid Etui and the work was over one, but the charts were graphed or
one in size. I'm just wondering if that was true for other charts as
well. I have to say I still have to finish attaching the base to mine. I
am planning to do that this weekend as I would like to bring to a get
together next week.

Bobbie V.

Old October 1st 10, 04:54 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Felice

"bobbieviorritto" wrote in message
[...]

Oops, sorry for the confusion. I did both about the same time. The Etui is
still waiting for finishing. Looks like a tough job.

I'll email you one of the pages of the Pincushion to look at; they're quite
clear and it's worked over two. It's not too hard to assemble, and if you
can put the Etui together you can sure as heck do the Pincushion!

Felice