Where is everyone?

Old August 6th 12, 12:34 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta[_3_]

Default Where is everyone?

Thanks for the link!
Roberta in D

On Sun, 5 Aug 2012 17:49:22 +0000 (UTC), NightMist
wrote:

That is all knit colorwork.
The pattern really isn't all that tough it is a fairly short repeat that
starts off at 18 stitches and of course that repeat gets shorter as you
go up the yoke. I snagged it off an icelandic yarn site. It is meant to
be knit with lopi. I grew up knitting in swedish, so two strands in the
round seems pretty natural to me. It really is a pretty easy pattern.
here is no patterning on the sleeves, and they are just knit in not sewn,
so there is minimal shaping, no steeks, and it only has just the three
colors.
http://www.nordicstore-wool.com/free...s_1508_ctg.htm

It is the sweater with horses.

NightMist

On Sun, 05 Aug 2012 10:57:38 +0200, Roberta wrote:

Amazing horses on that sweater! Did you knit them in or embroider
afterwards? And tell DH we're waiting.... Roberta in D

On Sat, 4 Aug 2012 20:57:09 +0000 (UTC), NightMist
wrote:

I'm still here.
Like Roberta I'm still reading.
We seem to be mostly whittled down to just people who could quilt in
their sleep. In fact I am sure that I have, at least that is the best
explanation I have to offer for some of the quilts I have perpetrated.
(G)

Sandy I darn near took that knitting course myself. I wanted to see
what new and exciting things have come around since I tagged along with
my grandma to a "Knit and Crochet with Pearls" class at the Thule Lodge
when I was about 7.
Money is a bit tight here though so I passed on it.

Oh and hey, I finally got around to making a photobucket account. All
that is there right now is a picture of a sweater I made in acrylic for
a lady who does not fancy wool. I am hoping to get some quilts up, but
DH is my photographer and hasn't got around to it yet.
http://s1169.photobucket.com/albums/r511/NightMiste/

NightMist

On Sat, 04 Aug 2012 07:43:56 -0700, Ginger in CA wrote:

Like Roberta, I read everyday, not much to offer for information. And
sometimes my posts don't go through

Ginger in CA

On Saturday, August 4, 2012 3:29:51 AM UTC-7, Janner wrote:
Has the sun come out? Where is everyone? No new posts showing up.

Janner

France

Old August 6th 12, 02:54 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Bobbie Sews More

"Janner" wrote in message
Has the sun come out? Where is everyone? No new posts showing up.

Janner
France

I've been very busy but things are slowing down form me so I will be posting
more.
Barbara in SC

Old August 6th 12, 04:32 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

The tumblers are quilted in a continuous curve around them. I am getting
close to
finishing the ripping. I'd really like to finish the darned thing!
Taria

"Roberta" wrote in message

What a fabulous border! Looking good! So what kind of quilting is in
the middle? (did I mention I love scrappy?)
Roberta in D

Old August 7th 12, 05:17 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
amy in SoCal

Well, to be honest, I've been working alot and do read the postings at least once a week. FB can be addictive, but my kids are on it, so i keep up with them there.
I finished a WUH for my son, out of his old Marine uniforms. I have pics on my phone, but not a clue how to post them to my Webshots account from there. If I can get assistance, maybe they'll show up in the near future! I went through my UFO's yesterday and found some old gems that need attention and quilting. I picked out an applique' Christmas top that I want to hand quilt. Don't think this one is on my webshots, but echo and trapunto come to mind for it. I counted 5 tops that cold be tied for quick gifts and a few I could practice machine quilting on, there's several small lap sized ones that will most likely get hand quilted and 3 still in blocks....one is from the Yahoo group from last year. I need to download the last 5 or so blocks to do for it...pretty baskets and birds. I did happen to finish the black and white swap we had on Yahoo...i gave that to my niece, she loved it. Did the sashing and borders in lime green! the problem with that was that i never got a picture!
Going to be in the 90's today here in southern California...glad i'm indoors and in the A/C!!!
What is everyone working on?
Old August 9th 12, 02:48 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

Gosh Donna sounds like fun to me. You'll be surprised at all the
stuff you find that you forgot about or had been unseen for a long time.
Keep a phone in your pocket in case you need to make a call out for
help! Before and after pics would be fun?
Taria

wrote in message ...

DH and I are in the process of planning the remodel of my sewing room. I
have so many projects to do but no deadline so I'm ok with dismantling what
is there and starting over.
The hardest part will be rearranging my stash to fit in smaller containers
and culling in the process. I'm not looking forward to that. We plan to pull
up the carpet and put hardwood floors like we did in the public rooms
upstairs. Then he will build new tables for sewing, pressing and ironing
with maximum storage. Then we'll have to put it all back, somehow. I doubt
I'll get it all back in there since it seems to swell when moved. I've been
adding to the room for nearly 30 years....Aack. I think I'm nutz. Someone
talk me out of this project, please.
If I'm not on here from time to time, will someone notify the paramedics to
take me out from under the pile-up that's sure to happen?
Donna in Bellevue.

Old August 9th 12, 12:56 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta[_3_]

You are headed toward a fabulous sewing space! And culling isn't that
bad -do you really truly remember every piece of fabric you own? It's
good to go through and review it regularly. And remember, we're here
for you! :-)
Roberta in D, Queen of the Scrap Heap, no cotton refused

Old August 9th 12, 01:48 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Maureen Wozniak[_2_]

On Sat, 4 Aug 2012 05:29:51 -0500, Janner wrote
(in article ):

Has the sun come out? Where is everyone? No new posts showing up.

Janner
France

I've just been busy dropping my quilts at the Illinois State Fair and then
obsessively checking the competition results on line before the fair opens on
Friday.

No, I didn't win anything. I'm fairly certain, however, that the quilt that
won the whole shebang was in our guild's show in March. And it is gorgeous!

Maureen

Old August 10th 12, 09:34 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta[_3_]

Well, I don't seriously expect anybody to ship overseas! So I beg on
behalf of the entire group :-) When you have a stack of culls ready,
there won't be any shortage of homes a lot closer to you! However, I'm
in the rctq directory.
Roberta in D

On Thu, 9 Aug 2012 21:16:09 GMT, wrote:

Roberta,
Nice little beg in there. Very subtle.
Send me your snail mail addy and I'll keep it handy for a few months (that's
how long I suspect it will take to finish the job). I'm quite sure there are
many pieces in my stash that I won't like anymore. I've mostly moved away
from florals, for instance.
My email address is now
.
Donna in Belleve