Source for glass cylinder?

Old September 11th 03, 10:08 AM
Bert

Default Source for glass cylinder?

Can anyone suggest a source for a glass cylinder in the neighborhood
of 8" diameter by 12-18" long, with fairly heavy walls (~1/4" or
more), either quartz or soda glass? I could tolerate minor defects in
case you know of a good source for surplus, rejects, or leftovers.
(The latter are called "drops" when referring to metal, but I wonder
if that term has a different connotation when talking about glass?)
Thanks.

Bert
Old September 11th 03, 01:45 PM
figjam

Try here Bert.
http://www.macbicnj.com/glstubing/glass2.htm
--
Regards,
Les

Old September 11th 03, 11:17 PM
nJb

Bert wrote:

Can anyone suggest a source for a glass cylinder in the neighborhood
of 8" diameter by 12-18" long, with fairly heavy walls (~1/4" or
more), either quartz or soda glass? I could tolerate minor defects in
case you know of a good source for surplus, rejects, or leftovers.
(The latter are called "drops" when referring to metal, but I wonder
if that term has a different connotation when talking about glass?)
Thanks.

Bert

I have a piece of boro, 10" diameter, 9-1/2" long with 3/8" wall.
--
Jack

http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/xmissionbobo/
Old September 12th 03, 02:51 AM
Bert

"figjam" wrote:

Try here Bert.
http://www.macbicnj.com/glstubing/glass2.htm

Thanks. That's a good source to have on file for future reference.
Unfortunately, to get the diameter I'm looking for from them requires
buying a 59" long piece, which will blow my budget.

Bert
Old September 12th 03, 02:53 AM
Bert

nJb wrote:

Bert wrote:

Can anyone suggest a source for a glass cylinder in the neighborhood
of 8" diameter by 12-18" long, with fairly heavy walls (~1/4" or
more), either quartz or soda glass? I could tolerate minor defects in
case you know of a good source for surplus, rejects, or leftovers.
(The latter are called "drops" when referring to metal, but I wonder
if that term has a different connotation when talking about glass?)
Thanks.

I have a piece of boro, 10" diameter, 9-1/2" long with 3/8" wall.

Dang! It's close, but not close enough. Thanks anyway.

Bert

Glass Source Michele Blank Glass 12 July 17th 12 04:39 PM
Class source for PMC/enameling techniques - for OH and KY beaders.... Cheryl Beads 0 August 19th 04 06:28 AM
need source Georgia Beads 12 July 19th 04 04:45 AM
Help finding a source.... jmm_ny Beads 9 February 2nd 04 08:57 PM
Seeking Canadian source for front-surface mirror Mike Figgy Glass 2 August 13th 03 04:21 PM