OT ping NightMist

Old December 31st 09, 09:58 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

Default OT ping NightMist

May I interrupt pie pastry and new computer challenges and ask for a report
on the Puppen? Was it a hit or was it fascinating at least as long as an
empty box might be? Hoping it was very special, Polly

Old January 1st 10, 12:13 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
NightMist

On Thu, 31 Dec 2009 14:58:21 -0600, "Polly Esther"
wrote:

May I interrupt pie pastry and new computer challenges and ask for a report
on the Puppen? Was it a hit or was it fascinating at least as long as an
empty box might be? Hoping it was very special, Polly

Ah well, he got two new magnadoodles (one of which glows), new books,
and a big red exercise ball, so the puppen was dutifully admired and
carefully set aside. It was an advance, usually new books and
magnadoodles mean we can't even get him to open anything else!

However I have espied him making Pinnochio dance, and I assume talk as
Ash was using a high squeaky non-Ash normal voice. He seems to be
learning the movement to make the puppen walk, or is at least trying
to. It appears that this is a no adults project. If one of us tries
to show him how, Pinnochio is carefully settled in next to the naked
cabbage patch boy to observe the writing, drawing, and book copying
that goes on on Ash's desk. Based on what I overhear, I suspect that
there are some pretty long conversations between the puppen and the
ncpb.

Important non-puppen related note! Spend the extra few bucks to get
an exercise ball at a proper shop, online or off, rather than getting
one on ebay! How was I to know that the blessed things are color
coded? and that with the particular brand they were selling, red is
the biggest? It just said big red exercise ball, new. It didn't say
really big, extra giganto, HUGE exercise ball also suitable as a beach
ball for orcas!
Ash loves the thing, the cats are in constant terror as it boings
hither and yon, and everybody in the house has fallen on it at least
once. It is too big to fall over, you fall on it, and I didn't even
pump it up as big as it is supposed to be. Ash mostly sits on it and
bounces, he used to have a blue one that died a sad slowly deflating
death for no particular reason we could find. When the ball is in his
way though, he just gives it a toss.

Between that ball and the increased nerf arsenal a body can hardly get
a hot cuppa safely!

NightMist
Staying out of the kitchen because Albert Einstein and the Robot Girl
from Metropolis, are doing battle with the aliens from Independence
day, and Alien again. I think a troop of Imperial storm troopers and
possibly Frank the plush ebola virus are advancing on the scene from
the sounds of it. Oh and here come the sounds of Doctor Who and the
Terminator as well. Sounds like we are having a very late supper
tonight unless I want to simmer nerf darts into the soup.
--

Legolas is my house elf
Old January 1st 10, 12:56 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

Gee. And I thought being GMOB was like being in a war room. We haven't
discussed nerf stew, you'd better have a late supper. Polly

Old January 1st 10, 03:37 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Maureen Wozniak

On Thu, 31 Dec 2009 17:13:06 -0600, NightMist wrote
(in article ):

wrote:

[...]

The puppen had completely slipped my mind. I'm glad he likes it.

Maureen