OT Captain Kangeroo RIP

Old January 24th 04, 01:18 AM
Cheryl

Aww damn. I grew up with him. And Mr. Moose and the bunny and Mr.
Greenjeans. and.....

PING PONG BALLS!!!!!!!!!!!!

KarenK

Meee toooo - sigh!

Someone else who remembers the knock knock jokes and the Ping Pong Balls! It
was one of my favorite parts!
My mom said she can't remember the ping pong balls... I hoped they would show
it on the short bio tonight -but they didn't include it.
sniff...

Cheryl of A HREF="http://www.dragonbeads.com" DRAGON BEADS /A
Flameworked beads and glass
http://www.dragonbeads.com/

Old January 24th 04, 02:55 AM
C Ryman

Unfortunately, my doctor reminds me of Captain Kangaroo, and I don't find
that very reassuring :-o

--
Connie Ryman
Cryman Studio

Old January 24th 04, 03:00 AM
roxan

Well to make it short, I recalled a life in California near San Diego at a
mission where I was a Franciscan brother. I was sent to the governor to help
with an Indian upraising near the mission. Since in this life I have never
been to California and couldn't have known any of the history, I did some
research to find out if any thing like this happen there. Funny thing is the
date that I got was the founding of San Diego by the Franciscan order and
yes there was problems with Indians at this time. So I can say that it was
really interesting the information that I got with out previous knowledge
before hand of any of this. This is just one experience I have had that I
could check out and confirm.
Roxan
"MargieK" wrote in message
On Fri, 23 Jan 2004 14:06:05 -0500, "roxan"
wrote:

I have experienced regression with past lives, but most of them I

remembered
without having to do this. When I was 10 I knew I have been a potter

before
and worked in Greece. I know that sound crazy but I have been very

creative
in other lives as well.

Not crazy to me, Roxan. And being creative in another life including
this one makes all the sense in the world.

I'd love to hear your story!

--
Margie
http://snurl.com/2u8t

Old January 24th 04, 05:16 AM
Christina Peterson

You and I grew up with Captain Kangeroo as just the local kids show. It was
a surprise to me when I saw that he was nation wide. My own kids spent
those years in Canada, so I hadn't realized how famous he had become.

Tina

"Dr. Sooz" wrote in message
Oh no! Oh no! I loved his show, and him, with abandon! Hopefully his

soul
will return to this earth in a new guise, and we can be blessed by his

presence
again. (Yes, I believe in reincarnation.)
~~
Sooz
-------
"Those in the cheaper seats clap. The rest of you rattle your jewelry."

John
~ Dr. Sooz's Bead Links

Old January 24th 04, 05:19 AM
Dr. Sooz

I have experienced regression with past lives, but most of them I remembered
without having to do this. When I was 10 I knew I have been a potter before
and worked in Greece. I know that sound crazy but I have been very creative
in other lives as well.

Not crazy to me, Roxan. And being creative in another life including
this one makes all the sense in the world.

I'd love to hear your story!

Me too. And it doesn't sound crazy to me. Being open to this belief can leave
impressions in your long-term memory, so to speak. For instance, I know I
lived in Paris, though I have no idea when, or what was going on with
me....just that I was there. Interesting experience.
~~
Sooz
-------
~ Dr. Sooz's Bead Links
Old January 24th 04, 05:31 AM
Karen_AZ

Another nifty-cool thing I remembered today.....Jim Henson and some of his
pre-Muppet puppets appeared a few times on Captain Kangaroo. I remember
seeing the tribute to Jim Henson and them mentioning this. I hope they're
all hanging out together. sniff

KarenK

Old January 24th 04, 10:20 PM
Beads1947

I actually met Bob Keeshan once, way back when he was playing Clarabelle the
Clown (Howdy Doody show). I was a small child at the time. He, and two of the
other actors on the show, Princess Summer-Fall-Winter-Spring and Chief
ThunderCloud (?) were at a festival in our town. For some reason, my mother and
I got there very late and they were just leaving. My mother and another woman
called out to them to come back and say hello to us. Clarabelle turned around
and came over and talked to us. The other two just kept walking away. I never
forgot that even though he was tired, he didn't want to disappoint two little
kids. What a great guy.
You know that Robert Goulet was the Canadian version of Clarabelle - he used
to try to deny it, but if Bob Keeshan saw him he would always bring it up in a
very loud voice.
Patti
Old January 25th 04, 01:06 AM
MargieK

On Fri, 23 Jan 2004 22:00:21 -0500, "roxan"
wrote:

Well to make it short, I recalled a life in California near San Diego at a
mission where I was a Franciscan brother. I was sent to the governor to help
with an Indian upraising near the mission. Since in this life I have never
been to California and couldn't have known any of the history, I did some
research to find out if any thing like this happen there. Funny thing is the
date that I got was the founding of San Diego by the Franciscan order and
yes there was problems with Indians at this time. So I can say that it was
really interesting the information that I got with out previous knowledge
before hand of any of this. This is just one experience I have had that I
could check out and confirm.

Now that is some regression, though I think it wasn't officially one?
Is that right? How did you come to have this memory and the others?

BTW, my regression was a trip I purposely took and so short in
duration that nothing was verifiable. That is the reason why I think
it could have been a by-product of my imagination. A psychic friend
of mine ensures me that this was the real thing. Of course I asked
her how she knew and she just smiled that all-knowing smile of hers.

--
Margie
http://snurl.com/2u8t

Old January 25th 04, 01:23 AM
Marisa Cappetta

Mr Rogers died? Oh that's sad. I remember him from my childhood in NJ and
was delighted he was still going in 2000 so my son could see him.

--
Marisa (AU/NZ)
http://www.galleryvittoria.com

"Sjpolyclay" wrote in message
Sad news...Captain Kangeroo (Bob Keeshan) has passed away.

oh no...
this is a great loss. Mr. Rogers last year, and now The Captain.

I loved those keys he carried, remember when he'd hang them up the music
stopped?
Sarajane

Sarajane's Polymer Clay Gallery
http://www.polyclay.com

Old January 25th 04, 04:37 AM
roxan

I have had recall since I was 4 years old and knew that I had lived before.
It comes naturally for me although some have been regression sessions. I
think if they are genuine they could be verified, but not always. They
usually happen with intense emotion attached to the experience. If it was
your first experience it may not have lasted very long, just a glimpse into
the past. I just know that mine are intense and very real not imagined. I
have also been psychic since I was a small child and have been able to use
it to get information that most can't do.
Roxan