Quilted tote bags

Old December 27th 07, 03:02 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
grammykathy

Default Quilted tote bags

Does anyone know where I can get a pattern for quilted tote bags or
any other quilted patterns I can make for gifts or to sell?

GrammyKathy
Old December 27th 07, 03:11 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

Here's the pattern for the organizer handbag I designed.

http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/...61186726sYvaYg

Here's a free mini wallet pattern- you can make them to match the bags.
They sold quite well for $5 at our church's craft sale- they each cost about
$1 in materials and 15 min. to make- a good profit margin. I made ones I
designed myself but they are all similar.

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index...253#msg2000253

You can find tons of bags if you do an internet search for totes or
handbags.

Leslie, Missy & The Furbabies in MO.

Old December 27th 07, 03:31 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kiteflyer

You can use mine if you like it. Let me know and I will email to you
directly.

http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/...42164737PaKSUo

Denny in Fort Wayne
http://community.webshots.com/user/kiteflyer54

/\
/ \
/ \
\ /
\ /
\/
\
\
/
\
\
/
\

Old December 27th 07, 03:40 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sunny[_2_]

Denny, what kind of machine do you have doing the monograms on your
bags? I love the bags and really love the way you monogram them with
different fonts.

Sunny
Old December 27th 07, 04:20 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pauline

Leslie,
I've been wondering if your church had their sale yet & how your bags did?
I bet they flew out of there. Those wallets look so simple. May have to
give them a try for our school's craft sale.

Pauline
Northern California

Old December 27th 07, 04:22 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
grammykathy

Those are way to cute Denny, but I am afraid I would have problems
with the zippers. Zippers and I never have gotten along to well. LOL
GrammyKathy

* * * * * * * * * * */\

Old December 27th 07, 04:25 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_2_]

Me too, Pauline. I'd been wondering how Leslie's church sale had gone.
Don't know about that '15 minutes to make'. It takes me that long to clean
and load the SM. Polly

"Pauline" wrote Leslie,
I've been wondering if your church had their sale yet & how your bags did?
I bet they flew out of there. Those wallets look so simple. May have to
give them a try for our school's craft sale.

"Leslie & The Furbabies in MO." wrote Here's the pattern for the

Old December 27th 07, 04:25 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kiteflyer

Thanks Sunny,

I have a Janome 9500 (lowest model) embroidery machine and a 6600 to sew
with. I use both embird and the Janome digitizer to do the fonts.

Old December 27th 07, 04:30 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kiteflyer

Thats what I thought too, until I just did it. They are very easy when
the bag is in 2 pieces and your not trying to make the zipper exactly
the same length as the bag. I use zippers which are way too long and
just trim them. My knitting bags are similar and have no zippers.

Old December 27th 07, 04:32 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pauline

Takes me that long to clear off the sewing table & then I set up the SM
Tonight, I said I was going to organize all the misc piles of papers on my
desk. I'm easily distracted, so I just doing more emails, but I did get all
the drawers & shelves straightened out - now to tackle the surface! Gotta
do it before I get lost in here!

Pauline
Northern California

Relief Tote Bags Lazygirl Quilting 10 September 7th 05 03:45 PM
More tote bags. Kate Dicey Quilting 5 September 6th 05 08:47 PM
Heavy fusible interface for making hand/tote bags. sewirish1969 Sewing 5 October 8th 04 04:47 PM