The things you read... NOT OT

Old July 8th 07, 06:18 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
~KK in BC~

Default The things you read... NOT OT

As I was once again drooling around the pages of Quiltville.com I read a
testimonial..... And I am so glad I did! Gave me good chuckle, and I really
did need one.
~KK in BC~

Here it is:
Robin Writes:

New! The Bonnie Hunter Scrap Fabric Exercise Plan!

Are your arms getting flabby? Do you need to tighten those buns? Do your
children call you thunderthighs behind your back? What about those abs?
Are they sagging a little? If you are in need of some body shaping look no
further! We have the answer!

No need to purchase one of those expensive clothes hangers that masquerade
as an exercise bike or treadmill! Stop sweating outdoors during those
morning power walks in the heat with your bedhair pushed up under a cap!
Throw out those Sweatin' to the Oldies videotapes!

Better than Abs of Steel! Firmer than Buns of Steel! More defining than
Arms of Steel! The New Bonnie Hunter Scrap Fabric Exercise Plan will whip
your body into bikini shape AND provide fabric for your scrap quilts!

NOT SEEN ON TV OR IN STORES!

For just the cost of leftover fabric and a few Sterlite bins you too can
have the sexy body you've dreamed about!

Visit our website at Quiltville.com to get YOUR copy of the New Bonnie
Hunter Scrap Fabric Exercise Plan while supplies last! Hurry this offer
won't last forever!

Hi again, Bonnie! I emailed you awhile back about your scrap system. Well,
I've been busy cutting up my scrap fabric. You really SHOULD put a
disclaimer on your website! LOL! Oh, my goodness! This is somewhat
exhausting! I still have the greens, solids and leftover scraps from strip
piecing to cut. I might not cut up the solids. Oh, and that bin of orphan
blocks I need to figure out why I never used. Maybe they were mishapen or
something, but there sure is a boatload of them!

The Top 14 Things I Learned While Cutting My Scraps For My New Bonnie Hunter
Scrap System

14) Cut the larger strips first. The smaller pieces of left over fabric
outnumber the larger pieces so the number of 4" strips will be sparse.

13) Decide what is the smallest piece of fabric you will keep. For me it
was .75". Anything between .75" and 1.5" went into the insane "maybe I'll
make a miniature quilt one day" bin. All else was tossed.

12) Do a quick measure of the width of the leftover fabric and mentally
envision what and how many pieces you can get from it. Prevents waste in
the end so you do not wind up with a piece of fabric smaller than your
"minimum."

11) To prevent the "jar of flour and jug of oil that never runs dry"
syndrome, sort, iron and cut by color groups (reds, pinks to purples,
browns, brights etc). That way you can say, "The blues are done! Yeah!"
"The pinks are done! Yeah!" I cut for days and days and it seemed that
somebody was replenishing those "to be cut scrap bins."

10) If you're cutting fabric for a scrap quilt you already have in mind, DO
THOSE FIRST! Otherwise your pea brain will get confused. "This is a blue.
What size were those supposed to be again?"

9) Iron all the fabrics from one color group at one time. Besides lending
a sense of accomplishment, when you have a spare moment you can just go in
and cut a few scraps.

8) It's true. If a piece of fabric is still ugly, it's not small enough.

7) What joy it is to come across a piece of fabric that already fits into
the scrap system and doesn't need cutting!

6) Plan to purchase stock in Sterlite. If you're doing this, chances are
other quilters are doing it too and stock in that little plastic bin company
may go up. Who knows? You may be able to afford those kids to college one
day ... with a quilt ... and all because of a scrap fabric system!

5) You will be amazed to find you have enough orphan blocks to make a twin
size quilt or two baby quilts.

4) If the fabric is thin or the fabric content is questionable, it's a
string, no matter how large it is.

3) After awhile even pieces of fabric 4" wide qualify as a "string."

2) Your husband will ask if your new hobby is cutting fabric instead of
quilting.

and finally ...

1) Cutting fabric counts as an exercise program!

Thanks for the info on your website. I've already told some new quilters
about your site and system so they can start early! Oh, I shared a link on
the FlyLadyQuilters list. Some already use your system, but I directed the
rest to your site!

Thanks again and have a great day!

Robin in NC