This question is off the wall ,so I hope you can help

Old July 26th 03, 11:44 PM
nightstand

Default This question is off the wall ,so I hope you can help

I do stained glass ,and would like to stamp on the glass .Then problem Is
what to I use in ink that will stay on it and not wash or rub off . I have
used staz on with no luck .So I hope someone here can help......thanks

Old July 27th 03, 01:07 AM
Debbie Hamann

If Staz-on didn't work which surprised me because I have used Staz on
with glass and it worked...try Brillance, Incredible Ink and of course
plan old acrylic paint...

hope this helps
debbie

Old July 27th 03, 01:41 AM
nightstand

To Debbie
Since I planned to sell this ,I had put it thru alot of tests.Sort of what
the customer would do to clean it ,like windex and the sort and drying with
paper towels .So it did come off. The stamping store let me try stazon to
test it because they to have tried it on ceramic tile and if it was used as
a coaster it would come off .So if I come up with a solution they want to
know to . So thats the situation I'm in . When you used it what did you do
to keep it on?

Old July 27th 03, 03:16 AM
Pat Kight

nightstand wrote:
I do stained glass ,and would like to stamp on the glass .Then problem Is
what to I use in ink that will stay on it and not wash or rub off . I have
used staz on with no luck .So I hope someone here can help......thanks

You need to find a solvent-based permanent ink. CoMotion used to make a
good one, although in a limited color range. One warning: Clean your
stamps thoroughly *immediately* after stamping. When this stuff dries,
it's permanent on everything.

--
Pat Kight

Old August 3rd 03, 06:08 AM
annafine

"nightstand" wrote in message . ..
I do stained glass ,and would like to stamp on the glass .Then problem Is
what to I use in ink that will stay on it and not wash or rub off . I have
used staz on with no luck .So I hope someone here can help......thanks

If it's something that can go in the oven, stamp with staz on and then
bake it for a short period of time.
Baking the staz on ink keeps it from washing off.

I've NOT done this personally, but I can get detailed information from
my sisters; they have made several coaster sets by stamping on tiles
with staz on ink and then baking the tiles. They say it works with
glass too (but I'd think the glass you were stamping on would need to
be able to take the high heat).

I hope this helps.

Anna

A question for lampworkers Diana Curtis Beads 42 May 7th 04 07:26 PM
Not really an AD, but a marketing question, need advice Kandice Seeber Beads 26 April 4th 04 10:39 AM
How to Display Fused Glass Pieces on a Wall Jeff or Lori Hultman Glass 3 February 14th 04 09:23 PM
wall sconce question ariadne Glass 8 November 10th 03 07:13 PM
wall sconce question ariadne Glass 0 October 28th 03 06:25 PM