Whats Everyone Working On?

Old September 16th 04, 06:46 PM
Pati Cook

I keep saying that things are for Christmas, just don't mention *which*
Christmas. BG

Pati, in Phx

muse9 wrote:

You are right Diana, when I do squeeze in time to work on the quilts it does
make me happy! I find it very relaxing too! When I decided to take up
quilting I told myself that if I ever started to feel too pressured (by
myself) to get things done on a certain deadline and it started to feel more
like a "have to do" than a "want to do" that I would stop quilting. I tend
to be bad about pushing myself to get a lot of things done and all that does
is stress me out. I took this up because I love it and I want to continue
to love it so I will not pressure myself! Therefore even though I hope to
be making these quilts for Christmas for my two grandchildren if they are
not done I won't worry about it - they each have birthdays in Feburary and
for that matter you don't even have to have an occasion to give a gift of
love to someone you love!

Slowly progressing on my quilts and reaping the benefits it gives me to work
on them!
Bonnie

--
http://community.webshots.com/user/bonnied9

"Diana Curtis" wrote in message
Sometimes the thrill of getting a whole block made before going to work

was
enough to make it worth while. Im at home with a fun 3 year old now. I

have
more time to quilt than some, less than others. Its kind of like that AA
philosophy, its not how much you quilt, or how often, but what happens

when
you do. When you squeeze in time, it makes you happy, yes? Thats the
important part.
Good luck on your first full sized quilts! whoohooo!
Diana

--
Heart and soul can make up for technical lacking in any form of art, but

let
the heart be lacking and all the perfection means nothing.
"muse9" wrote in message
I'm working on two twin size I Spy quilts. These are my first full size
quilts so we'll see how it goes! So far I have all the squares cut out

for
both quilts and I've started cutting and piecing the sashings for one of
them. I also have patterns and plans on making a Christmas wall hanging

and
buffet runner but I've not gotten anywhere with those yet.

I am *very* impressed by everything all the rest of you have in the

works!
Some days it's all I can do to get home from work and get dinner and

laundry
but I try to work a little each day on the quilts. I love hearing about

and
seeing what everyone else is doing!

Bonnie

--
http://community.webshots.com/user/bonnied9

Old September 16th 04, 07:13 PM
NightMist

On Mon, 13 Sep 2004 08:19:07 -0500, "Diana Curtis"
wrote:

Well? ;-)
What sort of things does everyone have going at the moment in the quilt
family? Dragging out PIGS or finishing up UFOs and WIPS or have new quilts
started appearing?
I'm still working on the queen size LC borders, getting ready to MQ the
siggy quilt, plotting the next borders on DDs quilt, and playing with
layouts for Mike's 'Things go better with Coke" quilt. Sometime in the
middle of those I need to design and make two quilted Christmas stockings.
Lets hear your list!

At present I am lazing about on the day after surgery.
Cyst is gone and I still have all the parts I came with.
Have three band aid size incisions instead of the expected two, dunno
why yet. I am only mildly owie too. Yay!

I am still acumulating some fabrics and doing surface design on others
in preperation for the oriental quilt I am making kiri and for DD#1's
trials and tribulations quilt.

I have almost finished the silk painting and will be heat setting it
and then covering it with magic batik so I can vat dye the outer shell
on a silk kimono/kimono robe I have been working on for kiri. It is
dragons and phoenix chasing each other's tail on the back hem and left
sleeve (tomosode style) with an abstracted dragon on the right and an
abstracted phoenix on the left just below the neckline. phoenix are
reds to yellow orange and gold, dragons are blues to green and
silver. background will be black, lining is silver. 6mm silk twill
shell, 5mm habotai lining.

I took a chance on a clothing lot on ebay for this year's school
clothes for DD#3. She now has plenty of tops, but the jeans will need
altered. Frustrateing as they are all one or two sizes larger than
the size she is currently wearing but the hips are almost universally
too small. Some of the tops are definitely too adult for a 14 year
old, but they fit her next oldest sister who is going to swap some
things for them. DD#2 also likes some of the jeans and will either
swap some jeans that she has that will fit DD#3 for them or buy DD#3
some new ones outright. Since DD#3 likes embelished jeans, I expect
we will have some fun modifying the remaining ones for size and making
it look stylish in the process. I have made note of the fact that top
brand name jeans run seriously small. Oddly enough, the velvet
trousers in one of the same brands fit her well. Clothing sizes are
just nuts.

If I canabilize some of the jeans to modify the others, I will have
more scraps for my jean box too. I need to drag that out and figure
out what I have and what they will become. Of course, I could just
drag that out and use what I already have to modify all of the new
jeans instead. To make new scrap or use what I have, decisions
decisions..... I have a biggish size playmat in mind you see.

NightMist
--
"It's such a gamble when you get a face"
- Richard Hell
Old September 16th 04, 09:03 PM
Diana Curtis

You already answered all my questions that I posed in the other thread, so
let me just say.. hooray for a successful surgery.. hope youre feeling much
better fast.
All your other projects seem wonderful! Will you post pictures of the kimono
when its done? A phoenix and dragon sound fabulous.
Diana, going to watch running llamas tonight... with the elusive Betty

Old September 16th 04, 10:01 PM
Betty in Wi

And I am off as well.......be there about 5:00 or so. Llamas, llamas,
llamas.........

The Elusive Betty

Old September 17th 04, 06:10 AM
DrQuilter

sofia mysteriously took a key out of the keyboard of my laptop today. I
didn't know you could do that. she is also trying to bang her head over
each inch of floor in the house, and selected pieces of furniture. and
she is not even really crawling yet! so, not much quilting getting done
here either. I am trying to finish the miniRR, but I seriously doubt
I'll be able to finish my two other WIPs before I leave for
work/vacation in South America...

My projects are unfortunately stalled :-( DS needs to watched constantly
while awake so he doesn't get into mischief. Yesterday he turned off my
computer, then turned it back on DH was not pleased as this computer is
the name server and also has some of his files stored on it.

--
Dr. Quilter
(take the dog out before replying)
Old September 17th 04, 06:20 AM
DrQuilter

so what does Muy piquito picante mean? a little beak hot? I don't get
it.... or do you mean poquito, a little bit? just curious....

David & Barbara Schmidt wrote:

Well, we just made 12 pints On Sunday, we ran out of jars and had to get
some more to make the mildest heat tonight, and we'll be making more
jars on Saturday. We spend every weekend for over a month making it.

We make a veggie (No Carne) version, and also the same recipe with bacon
in it which gives it a smoky flavor. (Carne)

We make 6 different heats from "Gringo" to "Diablo"

Gringo
Muy Piquito Picante
Piquito Picante
Picante
Muy Picante
Diablo

I can take orders if anyone wants some, just e-mail me privately. I'll
have to figure out postage cost and add that in.

Babs

CNYstitcher wrote:

Hey Babs.....what do I have to do to order some of your salsa?? DH
likes it as many alarm hot as possible, I'm a so mild it's barely more
than a tomato...lol Would love to get some for him for the stocking
this year - he's a junk-food-junkie

Larisa

Old September 17th 04, 06:25 AM
DrQuilter

uh I hear you... I tend to feel guilty if I don't meet my own
meaningless deadlines.... and it is stupid, because I am supposed to be
enjoying this. I also get antsy when I haven't been able to touch my
projects for a while....

Old September 17th 04, 06:25 AM
DrQuilter

didn't I email you to thank you? I think I did.... it has been here for
a few days. Maybe I sent it to the wrong addy? I'll check my outbox.

Butterfly wrote:

Glad it finally made it
Butterfly (Tell him You're Welcome : )
"DrQuilter" wrote in message

oh yeah, btw dh loved rooting through those selvedges of airplane
fabric! )

Butterfly wrote:

In order of priority:
DH's couch quilt (2" squares) (in full swing)
DD's Airplane Quilt (on Design Wall awaiting DD's arrival)
I Spy (twin size) (Squares are cut)
Another baby size I Spy (haven't started but it needs done by Jan 2005)
N E X T (nicely started)
Poiple LC (8 squares done)
Butterfly (its sooooooooo nice to be sewing again : )

news

Old September 17th 04, 09:54 AM
Kate Dicey

wrote:

Well? ;-)
What sort of things does everyone have going at the moment in the quilt
family? Dragging out PIGS or finishing up UFOs and WIPS or have new quilts
started appearing?
I'm still working on the queen size LC borders, getting ready to MQ the
siggy quilt, plotting the next borders on DDs quilt, and playing with
layouts for Mike's 'Things go better with Coke" quilt. Sometime in the
middle of those I need to design and make two quilted Christmas stockings.
Lets hear your list!

At present I am lazing about on the day after surgery.
Cyst is gone and I still have all the parts I came with.
Have three band aid size incisions instead of the expected two, dunno
why yet. I am only mildly owie too. Yay!

Glad that went well for you!

I am still acumulating some fabrics and doing surface design on others
in preperation for the oriental quilt I am making kiri and for DD#1's
trials and tribulations quilt.

I have almost finished the silk painting and will be heat setting it
and then covering it with magic batik so I can vat dye the outer shell
on a silk kimono/kimono robe I have been working on for kiri. It is
dragons and phoenix chasing each other's tail on the back hem and left
sleeve (tomosode style) with an abstracted dragon on the right and an
abstracted phoenix on the left just below the neckline. phoenix are
reds to yellow orange and gold, dragons are blues to green and
silver. background will be black, lining is silver. 6mm silk twill
shell, 5mm habotai lining.

That sounds fantastic! Pix please! Gotta have the pictures!

[...]

Too true. James is far from fat, but he is large for his age, and built
on big strong bones. I have to get the chunky cut school uniform
trousers for him, and his scout trousers are a skinny cut, so I have to
buy them a lot bigger and cut miles off the hems! Never mind - there is
plenty left for patching them, should he need it...

If I canabilize some of the jeans to modify the others, I will have
more scraps for my jean box too. I need to drag that out and figure
out what I have and what they will become. Of course, I could just
drag that out and use what I already have to modify all of the new
jeans instead. To make new scrap or use what I have, decisions
decisions..... I have a biggish size playmat in mind you see.

Big enough for the whole family? I made a picnic rug with a waxed
cotton (Barber jacket type) cotton backing. Keeps cow pats and thistles
out of the food...

NightMist

--
Kate XXXXXX