Nashville Glass & Bead Stores

Old September 7th 03, 11:09 PM
EL

Default Nashville Glass & Bead Stores

There are several bead shops in the Nashville area. The two I shop at most
often are BeDazzled and the Beaded Bungalow. Lots of seed beads and lots of
other beads in each place. There are other bead stores there, but since I'm
two hours from Nashville and generally only there for business which is in
the general vicinity of the two shops I mentioned, that's were I go.

Nashville is also on the bead show circuit -- the Intergalactic Bead Show,
the Down the Street Bead Show, and the Bead Mercantile Show.

And I understand there are a couple of vendors at the flea market.

Elise

"starlia" wrote in message
We may be moving to Nashville, but the hubby wanted me to ask if anyone
knows of a good glass shop and any bead shops in the area. My MIL lives

in
Jackson and has only been there less than a year. She doesn't know
Nashville well enough to give us any direction.

Starlia

Old September 7th 03, 11:44 PM
starlia

Thanks. I'm writing down everything in my day planner so when we visit or
move I can stop there.

Starlia

Old September 7th 03, 11:45 PM
starlia

Thanks. Writing it all down.

Starlia
"RadioStmpr" wrote in message
We may be moving to Nashville, but the hubby wanted me to ask if anyone
knows of a good glass shop and any bead shops in the area. My MIL lives

in
Jackson and has only been there less than a year. She doesn't know
Nashville well enough to give us any direction.

Starlia

I've got one! The Beaded Bungalow, I think it's on the East side of the

city. I
don't live there, but I make DH stop every time we drive through. It's a
wonderful shop!!

Mandy

Old September 8th 03, 01:55 AM
Lee S. Billings

In article ,
says...

We may be moving to Nashville, but the hubby wanted me to ask if anyone
knows of a good glass shop and any bead shops in the area. My MIL lives in
Jackson and has only been there less than a year. She doesn't know
Nashville well enough to give us any direction.

Land of Odds is in Nashville. I don't know where -- by the time I got into
beads, *I* wasn't in Nashville any more! But they have a website,
http://www.landofodds.com. They also sponsor the Ugly Necklace Contest.

If you need any other info about Nashville, don't hesitate to e-mail me and
ask. I lived there for 26 years -- I can tell you what parts of the city *not*
to look for housing in, and stuff like that.

Celine

--
Handmade jewelry at http://www.rubylane.com/shops/starcat
"Only the powers of evil claim that doing good is boring."

Old September 8th 03, 04:04 AM
Louis Cage

There is Beaded Bungalow on Bransford Ave (I65 on south side, get off at
Wedgewood, turn south towards the fairgrounds, 1st street on right is
Bransford, BB will be on you left after about 2 miles).
There is also (ahem) this little glass shop that I am kind of fond of,
Decorative Arts Studio which is not really a bead shop per se. But you can
learn lampworking and fusing there and there are beads, marbles and other
glass wonderments for sale as well. ( I65 to Wedgewood, go toward
fairgrounds, take second street on left - Martin - and go about 1/2 mile
until Martin curves to the left to avoid hitting an old factory building.
Turn right on Houston just as Martin curves to left, it's almost a fork but
not quite. Decorative arts is at 514 Houston in the factory building which
is now on your left.) The owner drives a beige Toyota pickup with topper or
a dark Plymouth minivan. Telephone 615-254-5277 or 25GLASS. Tell 'em I
sent ya. (end of shameless self-promotion)
On the other side (north east) of town there is a new bead shop called
Mad Dog Beads, on Gallatin Rd in a part of town called Madison. (I65N, get
off at Old Hickory Blvd - get used to that street name - turn right. At the
major intersection at the bottom of the hill turn right onto Gallatin Rd.
Mad Dog should be about 1/4 mile on the right.) It's across from the
Madison Art Center (which is another place you can learn lampworking and
fusing).

--
There are no mistakes, only unexplored techniques

Old September 8th 03, 04:09 AM
starlia

Thanks Celine. If we do move there I'll be asking tons of questions. My
MIL hasn't lived in the area long enough to know housing, etc.
"Lee S. Billings" wrote in message
k.net...
In article ,

says...

Old September 8th 03, 03:48 PM
EL

Land of Odds is the internet presence of BeDazzled Beads.

Elise

--
This is a post-only address.
Send replies to e_lewis AT bellsouth DOT net

Old September 10th 03, 05:13 AM
Louis Cage

Error Correction Department:
The bead shop in Madison is Red Dog Beads.
Sorry about that.
Also, there is a Cumberland Valley Bead Society. I never have been, it
started out very clique-ish, but I understand that element has been subdued
tremendously.