crosscut?

Old February 18th 04, 06:41 PM
john kennedy

Default crosscut?

i have come across this word in a pattern and don't exactly know the
meaning of it. can anyone tell me what it means?
thank oyu in advance
john
Old February 18th 04, 08:43 PM
Martha in IN

Probably means that after you have cut a strip, say 5 in wide x width of
fabric, you the crosscut or subcut (have seen either used) that strip into 5
in segments and you would have a 5 in. square. Clear as mud, huh?
HTH
Martha

Old February 18th 04, 11:57 PM
Kathy Brown - formerly Riley

i have come across this word in a pattern and don't exactly know the
meaning of it. can anyone tell me what it means?
thank oyu in advance
john

Could they be referring to to cutting on the cross grain of the fabric, as
opposed to straight grain (parallel to selvedge) or bias? That's what my gut
is telling me.

Kathy

Old February 19th 04, 11:10 AM
AliceW

Perhaps if you could quote the sentence containing this word, we could see
how it was used and provide some additional interpretation for you. My
first thought was a subcut, but without seeing how the word was used, this
is only a guess on my part.

Alice in NJ