a silly question

Old November 16th 07, 12:10 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_2_]

Default a silly question

The quilt in progress here is Cat Nap from Quiltmaker May '02. There are 4
kitties sitting around a table (or quilt). I've made one kitty from black
and white cow print. He's quite stunning but I just don't know what color
eyes a black and white spotted kitty has. Green? Amber? something else?
Would somebody please go discuss this highly technical question with your QI
and get back to me? We are without feline supervision here and we don't
want this quilt to be flawed. Polly

Old November 16th 07, 12:27 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
CaroleD

My black and white kitty had green eyes. I think that it's quite possible
that one could have amber eyes, though. That's what my gray kitty has.

--
CaroleD - Retired and loving it in the foothills of NW GA
My quilts, crafts, pets, and more - http://home.windstream.net/caroledoyle/

Old November 16th 07, 12:32 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Tina

Dear Polly,

The local neighborhood QI, who actually works for the Neighborhood
Association as the Neighorhood Quality Inspector, I believe, because
he certainly does NOT belong to anyone and makes the entire circuit of
the neighborhood every day. Passing through my lily bed in the
morning on his way out, stopping at my faerie fountain for a drink of
water on his way back through in the evening....

but I digress, "Bruiser" as I call him, because he is huge, HUMOUNGOUS
huge, black and white and designed like a jersey cow, and wears a
constant look of disdain like any of the worst bully's I have ever
seen - thereby earning his rightful name, "Bruiser" - has the most
piercing, glow in the dark electric green eyes I have ever seen!

So that's just one for ya!

Tina
Old November 16th 07, 01:21 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sally Swindells

Mia says she has golden eyes. Definitely golden she says.

Sally at the Seaside~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~uk

Old November 16th 07, 01:24 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
simpleseven

On Nov 15, 4:10 pm, "Polly Esther" wrote:
The quilt in progress here is Cat Nap from Quiltmaker May '02. There are 4
kitties sitting around a table (or quilt). I've made one kitty from black
and white cow print. He's quite stunning but I just don't know what color
eyes a black and white spotted kitty has. Green? Amber? something else?
Would somebody please go discuss this highly technical question with your QI
and get back to me? We are without feline supervision here and we don't
want this quilt to be flawed. Polly

Polly,
I don't have a QI that color, however my neigbors up the road do and
I've noticed she had brown eyes. Hope this helps, Launie
Old November 16th 07, 01:39 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sally Swindells

She has just told me to point you towards her photo which she says shows
her full beauty.

If this doesn't work its in the Cats section of my Webshots.

http://pets.webshots.com/photo/23287...62931372UjbDRJ

Sally at the Seaside~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~uk

Old November 16th 07, 03:11 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_2_]

This kitty is definitely not a beauty like Mia so I think I'll go with
'piercing, glow in the dark electric green'. Actually, this kitty is rather
dopey looking. . . rather reminds me of our Kate D's QI who, she says, is
as smart as Corn Flakes. Taking my own advice, I'll have to test. I thank
you all so much. Polly

Old November 16th 07, 05:43 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Debra

On Thu, 15 Nov 2007 18:10:22 -0600, "Polly Esther"
wrote:

The quilt in progress here is Cat Nap from Quiltmaker May '02. There are 4
kitties sitting around a table (or quilt). I've made one kitty from black
and white cow print. He's quite stunning but I just don't know what color
eyes a black and white spotted kitty has. Green? Amber? something else?
Would somebody please go discuss this highly technical question with your QI
and get back to me? We are without feline supervision here and we don't
want this quilt to be flawed. Polly

Emerald will stand out nicely and be totally believable.
Most cat's eyes are usually shades of green, yellow, or gold. Some
breeds have blue, gray, and even dark orange.

By the way, I have cow print in my stash that I bought just for making
applique kitties.
Debra in VA
See my quilts at
Old November 16th 07, 05:56 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_2_]

Debra, you'll have a lot of fun fussy cutting your appliqués. Black and
white kitties have some very special paint jobs. Polly

Old November 16th 07, 09:19 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kate XXXXXX Kate XXXXXX is offline
Banned

Polly Esther wrote:
The quilt in progress here is Cat Nap from Quiltmaker May '02. There are 4
kitties sitting around a table (or quilt). I've made one kitty from black
and white cow print. He's quite stunning but I just don't know what color
eyes a black and white spotted kitty has. Green? Amber? something else?
Would somebody please go discuss this highly technical question with your QI
and get back to me? We are without feline supervision here and we don't
want this quilt to be flawed. Polly

My friend Mary has 3 black & white mogs: green eyes all! Bot not as
clear a green as her all black mog Harry, a ginormous classic black
witch's cat!

http://www.katedicey.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!

ATC silly question Heidi from Germany Quilting 4 June 1st 07 03:34 PM
silly question, not OT Julia in MN Quilting 14 April 28th 05 11:05 PM
Silly Question Corri Yarn 2 February 25th 05 02:49 AM
Silly question Cryn Quilting 73 May 28th 04 04:20 PM
Silly Question! Jan and Ron Rubberstamps 3 November 26th 03 05:12 PM