Quilting Frame

Old August 23rd 04, 01:42 PM
Boca Jan

Default Quilting Frame

Simply Quilts had directions for a quilting frame this morning. I was
impressed! I have a frame sitting in the garage that I never use because you
have to do all this set up that I'm just not willing to do, however this one
is so simple! 2 wooden sawhorses and 2 X 2 boards a couple of bolts and
voila! If you have to buy all the pieces it is under $40. If your husband
already has the sawhorse brackets you can borrow (laughs) them I guess, but
I think I'd rather have new ones since the whole set up is so simple. I'm
sure there are directions on the Simply Quilts web page. I have gone there
and they have all the programs listed by date.

For those of you who have never done hand quilting because you didn't have a
frame, this is great! I tried to do my hand quilting with a big hoop, but I
wasn't really happy with that, so the frame is the way to go. It doesn't
take up too much room - just push it up against a wall when you aren't
using it, and you can EASILY take it apart when you don't have a quilt on
it.

I am really excited about this. Guess I'll find someone who wants that frame
in my garage and build my own.

Boca Jan

Old August 23rd 04, 11:21 PM
Boca Jan

LOL - DH gets that forlorn look on his face when I spend too much time in
the sewing room in the evenings. I am fortunate enough to have days for "my
time" so I like to be with him in the evenings unless he needs to work.

Boca Jan

"Jan" wrote in message
link.net...
Thanks! I always like looking at other frame options. I have one, love
it, but always like to look around to see if something works better or
you know.... you could have two going if your hubby wasn't paying
attention. ;-)

Jan

"Boca Jan" wrote in
:

Old August 24th 04, 12:45 PM
georg

Boca Jan wrote:

LOL - DH gets that forlorn look on his face when I spend too much time in
the sewing room in the evenings. I am fortunate enough to have days for "my
time" so I like to be with him in the evenings unless he needs to work.

That forelorn look is why I sew in the living room, despite the terrible
nonergonomic conditions.

-georg

Old August 24th 04, 02:37 PM
Boca Jan

Bless your heart Georg, you are true blue! My hubby has an office that he
sits in most of the time, and I have my office area next to his. Since I am
not working right now, I just can't sit there during the day and all
evening. I can't give up staying in touch with you guys during the day! It's
a real time Days Of Our Lives. LOL

Anyway, he helped me set up my sewing room and he wouldn't like it if I
moved my mess anywhere else. A mixed blessing for sure.

Boca Jan

"georg" wrote in message
Boca Jan wrote:

LOL - DH gets that forlorn look on his face when I spend too much time

in
the sewing room in the evenings. I am fortunate enough to have days for

"my
time" so I like to be with him in the evenings unless he needs to work.

That forelorn look is why I sew in the living room, despite the terrible
nonergonomic conditions.

-georg

beginning machine quilting Patti Quilting 10 August 22nd 04 12:33 AM
Help!! Hand Quilting P8nPal Quilting 6 July 19th 04 06:09 PM
almost ready to take it off the quilting frame Brian Christiansen Quilting 6 July 3rd 04 06:36 PM
Need help/tips learning Free-Motion Quilting Pat S Quilting 70 June 22nd 04 10:27 PM
In Today's News: Terrified Quilting Newbie breaks silence! Liz and Steve Ford Quilting 33 August 17th 03 04:51 AM