Pin Identification - Help?

Old July 10th 04, 12:44 AM
Jalynne

Yeah, that's what I thought, too, Charlie...also the fact that they're not flexible
like the eye pins we use for jewelry, kinda makes me wonder.
--
Jalynne - Keeper of the Quilt for ME club list

"Charlie" wrote in message
It's an eye pin, but they're not usually sharp enough to go through fabric.

Charlie.

"..Mickie Swall.." wrote in message
I found two really neat looking pins in som fabric I got and I would like

buy mo

http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/mic...&.dnm=b3a7.jpg
anybody ever seen anything like this and where I can get them?
Could they possibly be some kind of jewelry finding?
Thanks!
Mickie

---

Old July 10th 04, 03:50 AM
Polly Esther

I surely hope you will stay with this search until you succeed and will
report back to us. When it is possible, I try to seriously keep up with how
many pins I'm using and they are impossible to see on my sewing room floor.
With that eye on the head of the pin, it seems that a bit of thread or
embroidery floss could be tied through and make them genuinely easy to see.
I'm not thinking of tying off hundreds of pins but a dozen wouldn't kill me.
The Yorkie here does love to find a pin before I do and try to crack the
glass head off before I can stop him. This is not good for his tummy or my
heart. Polly

"..Mickie Swall.."wrote I found two really neat looking pins in som

Old July 10th 04, 04:23 AM
..Mickie Swall..

Ok, I went to the JoAnn Superstore tonight and found the jewlry
"eye pins" and they look very similar to what I want, but the ends
are blunt rather than sharp and pointy like straight pins, and also
their selection was the flexible kind. I asked several different people
in the store (one of them from the in-store Viking Sewing Center)
and none of them had ever seen anything like them.

The links to the on-line eye pins were all the blunt ended ones as
far as I could see, except for the big 3" upolstery pin wich qwould
be perfect if it could be reduced by about half that length & girth. ;o)

As for The Yorkie, I could suggest the flat-flower-head pins, but I
think the pretty colors, though easy for your eyes to see, might just
be a little more attractive to him.... defintely a heart-stopper!

Mickie (former Yorkie mommie)

link.net...

Old July 10th 04, 06:46 AM
Jalynne

I've asked all the jewelry people I know, and they don't think it's for making
jewelry. They seem to agree with my thought that they are old fashioned applique or
sequin pins. Wish i could be more help, but I couldn't find anything about them on
the internet. They're just so small...and pointy..LOL.

Old July 10th 04, 01:00 PM
Polly Esther

Yorkies find the flat flower-head pins intriguing; just irresistible. At
least he can't jump up on the sewing machine. Yet. Polly

"..Mickie Swall.." wrote

Old July 10th 04, 04:14 PM
nana2b

I have the same problem with Sugar (QI) I have to keep theThread catcher
thing and the pincushions on a shelf where she doesn't go. She also finds
the magnetic pin catcher fascinating! She does know better but tries to
sneak anyway. Typical 2 1/2 year old of any species.

--
Sugar & Spice Quilts by Linda E
http://community.webshots.com/user/frame242

Old July 11th 04, 01:28 AM
Pati Cook

They might be the pin part of a type of brooch back. There used to be, I think, a
type of pin that attatched to the back of a pendent or something, to turn it into
a brooch. that would need to be stiff and sharp, and have a loop to attatch it to
the back of the pendent. Not at all positive about it, but it makes a wierd sort
of sense.

Pati, in Phx.

Old July 18th 04, 12:36 AM
..Mickie Swall..

http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/mic...&.dnm=b3a7.jpg
The gal, Joen, that sent me the pins like this has identified their source:
She taught a class in which a girl from Russia attended, and this girl
had this type of pin, which she purchased in her country,
Joen says they are perfect for attaching paper notes to fabrics - which is
how I got them. LOL She had a box of them there and has tucked it into
the package that is now on the way to me.... I will have more info when the
package arrives, but meanwhile I have employed the PI services of
my friend's DH, who works off-shore for a Russian company g and
has been reported as to have been in a Yarn shop there recently....
(my lips are sealed)
Mickie

Old July 18th 04, 12:50 AM
Sharon Harper

Mickie, I've just spent ages looking at all your quilts (yet again) - you
are one talented lady!

--
Sharon From Melbourne Australia (Queen of Down Under)
http://www.geocities.com/shazrules/craft.html