Will I get to stitch today???

Old August 20th 08, 01:41 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

Default Will I get to stitch today???

Yesterday was all kinds of madness and I haven't had a chance to pick up a
needle since Sunday. But the house work needs doing and the garden is
calling too.....

But we are 80% ready for back to school and the rink. I just need to figure
out DD's birthday plans and I can relax (sort of). I do know which Webkinz
she wants and where she wants her party (rock climbing). Dad will deal with
the guitar part... (sigh)

Cheryl

Old August 20th 08, 01:56 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Lucille[_3_]

"Cheryl Isaak" wrote in message
Yesterday was all kinds of madness and I haven't had a chance to pick up a
needle since Sunday. But the house work needs doing and the garden is
calling too.....

But we are 80% ready for back to school and the rink. I just need to
figure
out DD's birthday plans and I can relax (sort of). I do know which Webkinz
she wants and where she wants her party (rock climbing). Dad will deal
with
the guitar part... (sigh)

Cheryl

I wish I could be there to act like your wife and do some of the scut work
for you, but I can't even get my car out of the garage. All the corners are
flooded here and instead of going down, the water looks like it's going up a
little.

It doesn't look like it will reach my house, but it's a mess out there.

Lucille

Old August 20th 08, 02:13 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
lewmew

Ours starts tomorrow (earlier and earlier). I wish I could say we're
100% ready but the kids have hit the "I don't know what I need until I
get to class" stage. And by the time the teacher makes the decision,
the stuff is off sale (sigh).

At least DD doesn't have practice until Tuesday. That only leaves DS
with baseball practice.

Have fun with the birthday party!

Linda
Old August 20th 08, 04:28 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Karen C in California

lewmew wrote:

Ours starts tomorrow (earlier and earlier). I wish I could say we're
100% ready but the kids have hit the "I don't know what I need until I
get to class" stage. And by the time the teacher makes the decision,
the stuff is off sale (sigh).

They used to do that to us, too. First day of school was always marked
by an afternoon trip to the store -- some teachers wanted bound
black-marble composition books, others wanted spiral notebooks or
looseleaf, and they wanted them by tomorrow morning. Mom always
muttered "what about the working mothers who can't do this?" (I assume
they bought one of each in advance and returned the unneeded ones.)

Around here, the teachers submit their lists to Admin, Admin transmits
them to the stores. Walk into OfficeMax (and I'm assuming the other
office supply stores, too), and there's a carousel with photocopies of
dozens of school shopping lists: you grab the one for your school and
your grade, and it lists all the teachers' preferences, so you just have
to know if your kid has Mrs. Smith or Mrs. Jones.

--
Karen C - California
Editor/Proofreader www.IntlProofingConsortium.com

Finished 7/27/08 - MLI Christmas Visit

WIP: Oriental Kimono (Janlynn), MLI The Teacher (gift to
the library), Bethany Angel (Marbek)
Retrieved from UFO pile: Marbek's Snow Angel, MLI Farmers Market

CFSfacts -- where we give you the facts and dispel the myths
Myths, with research cites: http://www.aacfs.org/images/pdfs/myths.pdf
Newest research blog: http://journals.aol.com/kmc528/Lifeasweknowit/
Old August 20th 08, 04:32 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Lucille[_3_]

"Karen C in California" wrote in message
lewmew wrote:

[...]

That's what they do here too, but the parents claim that something essential
is always left off the list and requires a last minute run to the store.

Lucille

Old August 20th 08, 05:01 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
lewmew

They have those lists here for elementary school and middle school.
JHS and up, it's wait until you get to class.

Many of the grade schools here discourage/forbid "special" notebooks
and folders and specifically say "4 plain pocket red folders" for much
the reason you cite - everything is thrown into a pool and used by
all. I agree teachers shouldn't have to spend out of their own
pockets, but sometimes some of the stuff is a bit ridiculous - one
year we were expected to provide two bottles of hand sanitizer. What
happened to soap and water?

Linda
Old August 20th 08, 05:51 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

On 8/20/08 11:32 AM, in article
, "Lucille" lzoltynospam@now at

lewmew wrote:

[...]

Or the teacher changes his/her mind about something?

Me - I'm still wondering why a particular/brand style pen is required,
instead of black fine line....

Old August 20th 08, 05:52 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

On 8/20/08 11:28 AM, in article , "Karen C
in California" wrote:

lewmew wrote:

[...]

But the list is at Office Max, not the local Staples or Wally World.....