Christmas houses?

Old December 16th 05, 08:32 PM posted to rec.crafts.pottery

Default Christmas houses?

the ''Kroozr'' mentioned in passing :

N scale is a very small scale, you're making tiny houses,
wouldn't using templates go faster and be more practical than making
molds?

Depends on what you mean by templates. I have done quite a lot of
minature carving in plaster and clay to make flat molds for ceramic jewerly
and decorations, so I am not really new to that part. But assembling parts
to make something is less familiar. I have only made a few multipart molds,
and I have never had to put parts of clay together.

So, what do you mean by templates?

--
Bill DeWitt
Science may have found a cure for most evils; but it has found no

Old December 16th 05, 11:43 PM posted to rec.crafts.pottery

Hi Bill, Andy here, I'm in there somewhere, just look for 'plodder'!

Old December 16th 05, 11:51 PM posted to rec.crafts.pottery

Ah, all this talk of the north so near to Christmas. Although I
consider myself to be mostly English my surname is derived from the
Sami of Lapland and for years I've been telling my kids that we're
related to Santa.
Andy

Old December 17th 05, 03:24 AM posted to rec.crafts.pottery

plodder mentioned in passing :

Hi Bill, Andy here, I'm in there somewhere, just look for 'plodder'!

Ah... Now I see...

--
Bill DeWitt
The only difference between a wise man and a fool is that the wise man

Old December 17th 05, 11:45 AM posted to rec.crafts.pottery

Ah ha! Hi again Bill, I've made and worked with very small plaster
moulds for slip casting (mostly miniature teapots); eventualy I had to
conclude that the best way to make such work is to use a multitude of
forming techniques keeping each one as simple as possible and from them
different assemblages giving an infinite variety(e.g. simple one or two
part slip or press moulds with small extruded parts and details added).
'Hope this helps,Andy.

"Only the very foolish think themselves wise" Andy Sames