THIS IS REALLY GREAT AND IT REALLY WORKS!

Old February 9th 05, 01:52 AM
Pat P

East Anglian Xstitch
http://homepages.tesco.net/~porter
"Dr. Brat" wrote in message
nk.net...
Pat P wrote:
I'd save those mohairs! I know my kids treasure the sweaters that they
know Grandma Millie made. My grandmother, their greatgrandmother. The
older two remember her, the youngest doesn't but she was only 2 when she
died.

All of them own a sweater she made tho, and they think it's very special
to have something from her.

Caryn

LOL! I don`t somehow think that any of my six grandsons would treasure
girlie coloured fluffy mohair sweaters! I know what you mean, though.

At least some of those grandsons will have wives and daughters...

Elizabeth

By that time the moths will probably have got to them! (the sweaters,
obviously!)

Pat P

Old February 9th 05, 06:30 AM
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

You could Felt them and turn it into very fashionable bags , cushions
or sew all into a nice warm afgahn made by your kints . mirjam

Old February 9th 05, 03:50 PM
Dawne Peterson

"Pat P" wrote
LOL! I don`t somehow think that any of my six grandsons would treasure
girlie coloured fluffy mohair sweaters! I know what you mean, though.

Oh, I remember those. At my school when I was 8 or 9 those sweaters were
the rage, all lovely sherbetty colours, some sort of frosted, oversize
cardigans and with big pearlized matching buttons, and I wanted one sooooo
badly. (Fuzzy sweaters make me itch, but it faut souffrir.......)
My mum made a non-oversized red one ("you'lll be different from everyone
else"--which I wanted desperately at 12 but which I didn't want at all when
I was 8)
I wonder if that type of yarn will be back on shelves---if I could find
something in a synthetic with the mohair look, I could knit myself the
frost aqua cardy I wanted back then!!!
Dawne

Old February 9th 05, 03:50 PM
Pat P

Anf from someone who washed a mohair sweater in hot water by mistake - I can
tell you they felt VEEERRY easily!

Pat P

--
East Anglian Xstitch
http://homepages.tesco.net/~porter
"Dawne Peterson" wrote in message

"Mirjam Bruck-Cohen" wrote
You could Felt them and turn it into very fashionable bags , cushions
or sew all into a nice warm afgahn made by your kints .

What a good idea. An afghan made up of felted sweaters would be a good
way
to have a memory of the knitter who made them.
Dawne

Old February 9th 05, 03:51 PM
Dawne Peterson

"Mirjam Bruck-Cohen" wrote
You could Felt them and turn it into very fashionable bags , cushions
or sew all into a nice warm afgahn made by your kints .

What a good idea. An afghan made up of felted sweaters would be a good way
to have a memory of the knitter who made them.
Dawne

AD - Busy in the Great Black Swamp tonight!!! Tinkster Beads 1 December 20th 04 07:47 AM
Comm- great unmounteds LasImpPan Rubberstamps 0 February 26th 04 12:41 AM
great deals LasImpPan Rubberstamps 0 January 29th 04 05:05 PM
AD: Angel of Fire and other great new kits! Karleen/Vibrant Jewels Beads 0 August 13th 03 04:53 AM