I forgot the good stuff.

Old August 17th 03, 03:36 AM
Susanne

Default I forgot the good stuff.

I forgot to tell you all the good stuff! My DH messed up my computer while I
was gone so I got a brand spanking new computer. I am in love with it! Now
if only I could fiqure out how to get rid of all those annoying pop-up
messages.

Also, I had planned on visiting every quilting store in sight while in
northern Ontario but couldn't find any. Those poor people are
quilting-store-deprived. You heard it here! I'm sure that should be a new
medical diagnosis. BG

Apparently Thunder Bay has one but the only time I was there was to get off
a plane or get back on one.

However, I met a truly wonderful lady who wanted to get rid of her fabric
collection. She gave me all her quilting fabrics. It is truly the best SEX I
ever had. It was free!
LOL

Susanne

Old August 17th 03, 03:57 AM
Ann Adamson

If you get the latest Netscape (or get a Mac and use Apple's Safari
browser ;^) ) you can easily disable pop-ups.

Old August 17th 03, 08:36 AM
K. Reece

Which kind of pop ups do you mean? If you mean those gray box "messenger
service" pop ups email me and I'll tell you how to get rid of them really
easy. You don't have to download anything, just change a couple of
settings. It doesn't matter what browser you use, they're not browser
related.

Kathy in Ks.
. ca...

Old August 17th 03, 06:17 PM
Neeej

If you mean those gray box "messenger
service" pop ups email me and I'll tell you how to get rid of them really
easy.

I wanna know too---tell us all?
-- Jean S
Old August 17th 03, 08:03 PM
K. Reece

Well, okay. On Widows 2000 and XP you need to find the Administrative
tools. In XP open the control panel and click on "performance and
maintenance" and then administrative tools. Open that and then double
click on "services." Scroll down the list until you get to "messenger."
Click on it to highlight it and then right click on it. Click on
properties. In the box that opens up there is a little drop down menu arrow
beside where it says start up type. In the box it says automatic. Change
that to manual or disable. Then below that there's another area that says
service status, click stop. Then click applyok and you're all done. No
more nasty gray box pop ups!! You'll still get all the web site advertising
pop ups though.

The instructions for windows 98 are a bit different. Let me know if anyone
wants those.

Kathy in Ks.

Old August 17th 03, 08:17 PM
Susanne

Polly, my heart goes out to you. You are truly deprived! I thought I was
deprived up here in northern AB but I at least have Walmart.
What truly amazed me was that there a quilt guilds everywhere.

Susanne

"Glenn/Patty" wrote in message
Thank you Susanne for your sympathies LOL (VBG) I keep telling hubby that
we truly are quilt-store-deprived. LOL Hope you enjoyed your stay.

Patty in NWO who just got back online after almost a week of farting

around
with some darn internet worm.

. ca...

Old August 17th 03, 10:40 PM
K. Reece

You're welcome. I hate for anyone to have to suffer with those things,
they're obnoxious and obscene.

Kathy in Ks.
. ca...

Old August 17th 03, 11:52 PM
Neeej

Thank you---went & did it most promptly :-)))
-- Jean S
Old August 18th 03, 04:57 PM
Nell Reynolds

On Saturday, my DH installed a new (something) in my computer, making it run
twice as fast. But he forgot to re-install the Popup Stopper. When I
complained to him -- our computers are in the same room about 5 feet apart--
he walked me through the re-installation.
I liked it much better when I was still traveling. On Sunday he would say,
"When you get back on Friday, you will have a new whatever in your computer,
so you can whatever." Since he works late on Tuesdays, that left him three
evenings to install and test run the installation, fixing any problems
before I got home. Oh, how I miss the good old days!
My son's MIL was widowed by cancer 5 years ago. Her DH had been one of
those do-everything-for-the-little-lady men. His illness gave her time to
learn to do things for herself while taking her mind off his suffering.
More than once I saw her poring over one of those Computers for Dummies
books. (I have looked into some of my DH's Dummies books and learned that I
don't even rate high enough to be a dummy.) By the time she was widowed,
she knew enough to order a computer with specific features built for her.
Awesome!

Nell in Austin and in ignorance

"Susanne" wrote in message
. ca...
[...]

OT - Health Update (more good stuff) Helen C Beads 15 November 17th 04 02:22 AM
OT - Asking for good thoughts and update Helen C Beads 1 July 31st 04 09:38 AM
OT : Just When You Thought Stuff Couldn't Be Worse rainbow Beads 7 July 4th 03 08:27 PM
Some good news! Lee S. Billings Beads 7 July 4th 03 07:10 PM
Macy pic, beady things, other stuff - OT Tink Beads 10 July 4th 03 06:29 AM