Laying tools photo's

Old January 8th 04, 11:44 PM
Caryn

Default Laying tools photo's

I can see the only one who got wrenched by my fibbing and revealing was
Mirjam.

Which is amusing to be sure!! It's amazing how that person can only see one
side of most arguments, and yet rails at you for being less than totally honest
in order to appease a difficult woman long enough to retrieve your belongings.

The fact that you seem truly regretful over having lied says a lot more to me
about your charactor, than the fact that you felt you had to lie in the first
place.

Let me know what you all think. I regard your opinions as that of the entire
stitching community. We have a bit of everything in this newsgroup, so all
types of stitching is represented.

I think your work is lovely, I really love real wooden tools. Almost makes me
wish I used a laying tool! g

Caryn
Blue Wizard Designs
http://hometown.aol.com/crzy4xst/index.html
Updated: 7/7/03 -- now available Dragon of the Stars
View WIPs at: http://community.webshots.com/user/carynlws (Caryn's UFO's)
Old January 9th 04, 05:21 AM
Bonnie

Victoria,

What kind of wood do you use for your tools? I have an upright gavel made
by my husband from a piece of ebony which came from South Texas (my parents
got the wood for him). I think it would make some lovely laying tools.

Bonnie

"animaux" wrote in message
I have no idea how to put my email address on this little website thing.

I am
so computer illiterate it's not funny. This weekend I'll ask Mark to make

me a
real website with Front Page. For now I'm using this very simplistic

program
WebStudio. The scans were crystal clear, but on the site they are not.

For those interested, you can see my laying tools he

http://home.austin.rr.com/animaux/newgarden/index.html

There are three pages with one tool on each page. I left them on the card

package them on. They have a plastic bag which they go into for shops.

I am NOT trying to sell anything here. Many people requested photo's and

that's
what I'm doing.

I can see the only one who got wrenched by my fibbing and revealing was

Mirjam.
That's too bad. I promise I did what I thought I had to do and I got

nervous
and lied. I knew all along I was going to tell the truth as soon as I got

my
stock back. Again, I'm sorry for doing that.

Let me know what you all think. I regard your opinions as that of the

entire
stitching community. We have a bit of everything in this newsgroup, so

all
types of stitching is represented.

respectfully,
Victoria

Old January 9th 04, 07:48 PM
Bonnie

You are right about ebony being too hard for hand carving. I did not think
about that. DH used a wood lathe.

I asked DH if Texas ebony is a true ebony....he said he would have to check.
Surprised me...he knows SO much trivia! ;-)

"animaux" wrote in message
I use redheart, walnut and cherry. Ebony would be very hard to hand

carve...if
it's real ebony. I wasn't aware it grows in Texas. I thought it only

grew in
Africa. Even if it was easy to carve, I have no way to rip it down to a

small
size TO carve. Someday I need to buy a mini-lathe and mini band saw.

On Thu, 8 Jan 2004 22:21:00 -0600, "Bonnie"

opined:

Victoria,

What kind of wood do you use for your tools? I have an upright gavel

made
by my husband from a piece of ebony which came from South Texas (my

parents
got the wood for him). I think it would make some lovely laying tools.

Bonnie

.. .

Old January 12th 04, 12:23 AM
Jenn Vanderslice

You know, Victoria, if you can't see the reason why Mirjam has a problem
with your little white lie, then you have no business calling yourself a
Buddhist.
Maybe you should read one of the five books by the Dalai Lama that your
husband gave you two Christmas' ago....the Dalai Lama should be able to
tell you what's wrong with lying...for ANY reason. I could post some
quotes for you...
Or if those books are too deep for you, you could just read the
children's book, "The Boy Who Cried Wolf".

/J

animaux wrote:

I have no idea how to put my email address on this little website thing. I am
so computer illiterate it's not funny. This weekend I'll ask Mark to make me a
real website with Front Page. For now I'm using this very simplistic program
WebStudio. The scans were crystal clear, but on the site they are not.

For those interested, you can see my laying tools he

http://home.austin.rr.com/animaux/newgarden/index.html

There are three pages with one tool on each page. I left them on the card I

--
Two things fill the mind with ever new and increasing wonder and awe -
the starry heavens above me and the moral law within me. - Immanuel Kant

Pumpkin carving tools Top Spin Carving 6 November 2nd 04 11:46 AM
Pumpkin carving tools Top Spin General Crafting 4 November 2nd 04 11:46 AM
Question about jeweler's tools R.H. Jewelry 15 August 28th 04 03:35 AM
Glazing tools contest Robert B II Pottery 3 July 24th 03 01:32 PM