Ot i wanted for once to see

Old September 12th 03, 11:24 PM
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

I will ask for more info about it as well
mirjam
wrote:

"Mirjam Bruck-Cohen" .
Because years ago i once read it in an English version of the story ,

and lately when i checked it is translated into Feeding -Stall . ,

Interesting. The translation in most current versions is manger, which is
indeed a feeding place for animals, and is, as you could guess by looking
at it, derived from the same French roots as the verb "manger", to eat.
I wonder if the words share a long-ago ancestor.
Dawne

Old September 13th 03, 03:49 AM
Dr. Brat

Mirjam Bruck-Cohen wrote:
Good Afternoon Elizabeth
At least you admit that i do thank you from time to time , Very kind
of you to do so.

Why wouldn't I admit it? That's a very big chip you have on your
shoulder, Mirjam. You might try putting it down sometime.

And I have also defended Israel against false accusations, Mirjam, don't
forget that. For example on August 24, you thanked me for writing the
following:

And i did it because you deffended Israel and because it was so
unusual for you to so. But in General you are very anti -Israeli , but
you should be forgiven, since many of you probably don`t realize what
exactly is going on....you have no clue. about day to day life.

I don't ask to be forgiven for my opinions of Israel's policies, Mirjam,
any more than I ask to be forgiven for my opinions of my own
government's policies. They both have a very wide streak of immorality
in them.

markedly in the late nineteenth century as Jewish people fled

By the way have you ever Heard about Pki`in and other places whose
Jews NEVER LEFT Israel since biblical times???

Yes, Mirjam. That is why I said that the Jewish population INCREASED
instead of suggesting that it started.

And do you Know why and from where the bane SALEM of your city comes ?

From the word Shalom because it was to be a city of peace. Why do you
assume that I am ignorant?

Thank you Elizabeth [ I have not seen the original post ] for this
almost accurate explanation and correcting Sheena `s incitive post=
with deliberate false facts.

So if i thank you , Where is your insistance that i only write
agressive critical letters ????

I don't know, Mirjam. Where is that insistance? Are you sure it was
me? Are you sure you aren't yelling at the amorphous American mass over
here that you usually yell at?

in your former letter you accuse me of being silent when you deffended
yourself , and when you wrote about Dianne !!!! on other times you
tell me i do answer /write too much ...... so it is true ....

You rarely acknowledge an accurate defense, Mirjam. As you see me as
being only critical, so I see you. Even when you do thank me, you
condition it with "almost correct" and then hasten to criticize me
elsewhere.

I *have* said kind things about you, Mirjam, and defended you against
others when they were too far out of line and I know you saw them
because you thanked me for them.

If i saw them and thanked you , ok But in general you are rather
scolding rather playing Big Judge from Heaven ,,,,,,, and i don`t like
that , just like you don`t like me telling you something
that i opposes something . but i am an outsider , whom many dislike
not because of me , but because i do not agree to their Stereo typing
me in a roll .... and that is waht causes the friction,,, i dare to
talk back , you have never found start a flame and YOU know that very
well , i usually answer back , when attacked or insulted.

No, Mirjam, it is not that you talk back that causes friction. I do not
have you stereotyped in any role, rather it is you who have me and all
the other Americans here stereotyped. You think that we act as if we
were better than you and you are constantly seeking to bring us down.
That is what causes the friction. No one likes to be constantly picked
at. You don't like it from me, but what you don't see is that you are
the one who started it. All I am doing is giving you back what you have
put out here. If you don't like it, you might try responding
differently. You might try not yelling at us for not sending you
condolences.

You know i spent this morning in a ceremony with Real life Heroes .
the Ceremony opened an Exhibition of artifacts in the Archives of
Lohame -HaGetaot , the Museum built by the survivng members
of the Ghetto Warsaw uprising , of course most are already dead, but
several of the than Younger people are still amongst us, and i was
today in the same room, being in their company, It was an opening of
the Exhibition , a Salute to the Archive worker , and to people who
brought artifacts and/or do translating of the documents, I felt so
honored to be amongst those people, I was delighted my son wanted to
come with me on this special day. I was honored some of them know me
and about the work i do. And than i thought about those petty flame
wars that go on here ,,, and i know my percpectives, and my way , and
my values. These are the people who teach me where to stand and be
proud and not give in , to inflamotory posts. This wonderful people
who also built and educational center [ and teach all over the world ]
against xhenophobia, against unkind words , because they felt the
results on their flesh.

Those people fought for something real, Mirjam. I have stood on the
ground where they died, daily walked the streets where they lived. Your
battles here are so petty in comparison that it shames me to see you
speak of it that way. I am sorry for you.

And i remember wel who and how you scold ,

No Mirjam, you get it wrong all the time.

, and i am telling you , that YOU NEVER scolded mrsPP in the same
measurements you scolded me !!!!

Nope, I don't usually bother with Pat at all when she goes off on her
toots, because when she gets like that, it's clear for all to see that
she is being ridiculous. But your spite is more insidious, more subtle,
and more in need of countering, to my mind.

But I am not in your class , the only reason i stil answer you , is
because i believe in your intelingence and try to keep a discussion
going on.

Why do you keep bringing my work into this? Why do you constantly
intimate that I must be a bad teacher if I disagree with you? What kind
of parent are you that you argue this way?

a discussion as in exchanging opinions ,,,,

I've tried that with you. It wasn't very successful. It doesn't take
long to displease you and to be scolded for not answering or not saying
the right thing. For now, I'm tired of it.

Elizabeth
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Old September 13th 03, 07:02 AM
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Excuse me RUBY
So now discussing inteligently , or answering letters is
Aghhhhhh!!!! Thump, Thump, Thump (banging head against brick wall)
Ruby

And after writing the Above you write
this ...don`t blame Me for self inflicted blue marks , i think there
is a name for this as well
An eye for an eye until all the world is blind.

Old September 14th 03, 01:50 PM
Dr. Brat

Mirjam Bruck-Cohen wrote:
I thought Elizabeth that we could have a reasonable discussion , but
obviously we can`t

You're right, Mirjam. We can't.

Those people fought for something real, Mirjam. I have stood on the
ground where they died, daily walked the streets where they lived. Your
battles here are so petty in comparison that it shames me to see you
speak of it that way. I am sorry for you.

Now you claim to know what my murdered family members would have felt?

And this is why. You constantly read into my writings things I have not
said. Nowhere in the above paragraph do I claim to know what "your
murdered family members" (you never ever said you had relatives in
Poland) would have felt. I told you only what I feel, what my reaction
to your words is, but you insist on reading there something I have not
said and castigating me for it.

I will not answer you on this again.

Elizabeth
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Old September 15th 03, 03:31 PM
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Lynne !!!!! I was sorry you joined this discussion,
, but if you do i would have appreciated that you had first read my
former letter and , not taken Elizabeth`s writing out of it`s contents
, there you will find that it was me who called all those flame wars
petty wars , but also my other feelings. When i read Elizabeth`s
reaction i could not believe it at first, the lady denies my saying
that 2 years in Boston gave me 1some idea` about hor Americans live
and think, But her walking onthe blood stained streets of Warsaw ,
gave her an insight to
What they Thought when she never met them? When i tell that Friday i
sat next to some of those people , some of them are my teachers , in
whose foot steps i walk ... They taught to stand upright and not and
talk back , to those who speak foul of us..
I just ask you tro reread my post and than Elizabeth`s answer ,,,,,,I
have not misunderstood it at all , if she really respected the memory
of the people who fought the Ghettos she would have spoken
differently. Because those who fouhjt back were those who didn`t
listen quitely to those who told Them how they should live , and feel
and breath ,,,, they took their Lot in their hands , they fought to be
one and equal to all Humans. For self respect , For Justice, Against
incittement that lead to dehumanizing and than to slaughter.

Mirjam, I am almost positive that you misunderstood what Elizabeth
said. I understood her to mean that arguing here at RCTN is nothing
compared to the things people fought and died for during the War. And
isn't that true? The worst things we can do here (thank goodness)
are to say mean things or become irritated with each other. Your
relatives -- and many others -- were literally tortured and killed.

And Do you know what paved the way to this torture and MURDER [they
were not killed they were Murdered , GASSED to death ] , Because
Nobody stopped those who spread hateful words ,,,,, That is how it
started Lynne , just with words !!!!!
mirjam
Old September 15th 03, 03:31 PM
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

You tried but did not succeed ,,,,, and ps your words Shame you not
what you see in my words
mirjam

Lynne M. wrote:
(Mirjam Bruck-Cohen) wrote in message ...

Those people fought for something real, Mirjam. I have stood on the
ground where they died, daily walked the streets where they lived. Your
battles here are so petty in comparison that it shames me to see you
speak of it that way. I am sorry for you.

Now you claim to know what my murdered family members would have felt?
Have you spoken lately to any of those fighters ? or have you held in
your hand any of my Grandparents` and aunts` last letters ? ? While
you walked the blood soaked streets of the slaughter houses , maybe
breathed dust that was a part of their ashes?
The last year as i open letters and documents from 1942-45 , i learn
and meet my Grandparents , aunts and other Family members, whom i
never met alive. From their letters and some pictures , and collect a
detail here and detail there , i know i do a very respectful , i will
never know all the details, but they sure tell me more

Mirjam, I am almost positive that you misunderstood what Elizabeth
said. I understood her to mean that arguing here at RCTN is nothing
compared to the things people fought and died for during the War. And
isn't that true? The worst things we can do here (thank goodness)
are to say mean things or become irritated with each other. Your
relatives -- and many others -- were literally tortured and killed.

Thank you, Lynne. That was exactly the point I was trying to make.

Elizabeth

Wanted genuine African art and antiques nordend Marketplace 0 December 17th 04 08:44 AM
Sort of OT - Building a Teaching Studio: Input Wanted Tinkster Beads 10 December 11th 04 06:22 AM
wanted: glass blowing torch Lloyd Glass 2 November 10th 04 04:30 AM
torch wanted S. Daly Glass 0 October 1st 04 12:48 AM
I am new to the group, and just wanted to introduce myself:) glassaffinity Beads 1 July 22nd 04 01:32 AM