OT - Snow, wind, snow, snow and RAIN!!

Old November 7th 06, 04:35 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
~KK in BC~

Default OT - Snow, wind, snow, snow and RAIN!!

As if over four feet of snow falling on us wasn't bad enough, now its
raining!!!!!! They haven't cleared any streets here in town and they are a
total mess! I can hardly drive my little Ranger anywhere because of the snow
and ice and now....... RAIN! Freezing rain on top of all that snow and all
that ice and this is fair??
On the plus side, I am getting very buff from all that shoveling LOL.

ARGH!!!

Things just aren't good around here. My husband had his vehicle stolen, they
wrote it off and gave us a pittance, now we are down to one small truck that
wont even hold all of us and is pretty useless in the snow. My FIL had a
heart attack just over a week ago, they had to do the balloon thingy and
then gave him a pace maker so my husband is as I type, on a bus down to
Calgary to look after him for a few days. (over 12 hours on the bus) My
son's girlfriends' grandfather passed away suddenly so when they were up
here visiting they only got a few hours to visit :-( and they had to rush
home on the bus.

Do you think I have had my fair share of bad luck yet? LOL

Ok, just needed a bit of a rant. Whew!! I feel better now :-D

And to add just a bit of ON topic he
Happy dances to all of you and your wonderful quilty-ness! I am still not
able to sew due to the mass chaos happening (I did however get most of the
sewer issue put behind me now LOL) but reading the group keeps me on track
and wanting to get my butt in my sewing chair and hear the soothing purr of
my old Kenmore.

~KK in BC~ who is also job hunting... wish me luck LOL I think I need some
GOOD stuff now ;-)

Old November 7th 06, 06:01 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
polly esther

I know you'll forgive me, KK, but the difference in our language
understanding or misunderstanding is such fun to me on this group. For
example, I'm told that you better say 'Missouree' or 'Missourah' depending
on which side of Missouri you're on. I have no idea which side of Missouri
I'm on or which side you're on.
However.
"Getting buff" here in the Swamp means getting quite naked.
I do hope you're not doing that shoveling 4 feet of snow.
We know just nothing about shoveling snow and will yield to your best
judgment. Polly

Old November 7th 06, 06:16 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
~KK in BC~

OMG LOL!!
Oh it does NOT mean gettin nekkid!! blushing here
Buff. Toned. Muscles. In shape.
In the buff means you are buck naked.
Getting buff means you will look good nekkid!

~KK in BC~ who is NOT gonna be nekkid in temps of -20C ( -4F ) I am a tough
Canadian but NOT THAT TOUGH!! lol

nk.net...
:

Old November 7th 06, 06:28 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
polly esther

Thank you, KK. Just checking. It was so cold here (how cold was it?) that
we had to put on shoes to walk down to the mail box. Less than 70°. Polly

Old November 7th 06, 06:46 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Cats

Fingers crossed that you have now turned the corner! Here's
to all good news from here on.

--

Cheryl & the Cats in OZ
o o o o o o

Old November 7th 06, 01:28 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Musicmaker

Gosh, as much as I envy you the wonderful weather, I am sorry
everything has hit you all at once! Quilt away your problems!
Musicmaker

Old November 7th 06, 02:36 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
marigold

Default OT - Snow, wind, snow, snow and RAIN!! and word use

Hi Kelly
Wow, you do get extremes don't you!
As another Canadian who knows the joys of snow shovelling, I can empathize
to a degree. We only got about 8 inches of the white stuff and that was
enough as it was so heavy and wet. Sunday and Monday we had above freezing
temps and no precipitation, and this morning we have a real chinook wind
blowing through. I've been watching the news reports from southern B.C. and
wondering when their rain is going to get here. As snow I would imagine. We
have had an unusual amount of fog here, and now that the sun is up I can see
it coming in off the mountains yet again.
Your husband is down in my neck of the woods now, so he will get to enjoy
some of this fog. I am an hour NW of Calgary, closer to the mountains so our
weather is sometimes a bit different.

Polly, I love your outlook on life! I find the use of words, changes by
generation as well as by where you live. I swear some of my grandchildren
speak a different language some days. I often have to look to their mother
to explain the new use of terms.... the most recent word that caught my
attention was "pimp".
Apparently, it is something good to be "pimp" these days.

Hugs to all.
Marilyn
in foggy Alberta, Canada

Old November 7th 06, 02:45 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
~KK in BC~

.. We
: have had an unusual amount of fog here, and now that the sun is up I can
see
: it coming in off the mountains yet again.
: Your husband is down in my neck of the woods now, so he will get to enjoy
: some of this fog. I am an hour NW of Calgary, closer to the mountains so
our
: weather is sometimes a bit different.
:

So I heard about FOG! The bus was almost an hour late and the D.O.T. had to
escort a truck and the bus into Calgary since the fog was so thick they
couldn't see where they were going!
I used to live in Cochrane, tried to live in Airdre but there weren't many
places affordable to rent then, and in the end came home ;-) We never saw
fog that thick in the time we lived down there! but we DID have a train
run through the back yard
If the temps stay the way they are down there you wont get the snow, but you
could get a good dose of rain for sure. Weird weather patterns lately.
~KK in BC~

Old November 7th 06, 03:39 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Tricia

Oy! Sending lots of good thoughts your direction.....

*HUGS*
T.

Old November 7th 06, 04:00 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sally Swindells

Marigold wrote:
- gentle snip -

Polly, I love your outlook on life! I find the use of words, changes by
generation as well as by where you live. I swear some of my grandchildren
speak a different language some days. I often have to look to their mother
to explain the new use of terms.... the most recent word that caught my
attention was "pimp".
Apparently, it is something good to be "pimp" these days.

Hugs to all.
Marilyn
in foggy Alberta, Canada

Oh dear - here pimp is someone who lives off the earnings of 'ladies of
the night'!

--
Sally at the Seaside ~~~~~~~~~~ (uk)