Quick Quilt top dance

Old March 10th 05, 01:12 PM
Diana Curtis

Thank you! The batt should get here while SIL is visiting and she can watch
while I quilt it! Wont that be fun for her! lol
Diana

"nana2b" wrote in message
Breathtaking! Love it! Linda in Tx

Old March 11th 05, 03:40 AM
Patty in NWO

They are incredible, I love them, I agree with Diana they are quite tasty.
It baffles me why they don't sell them in the states, another chocolate bar
that we don't get are Whatchamacallits. Do you guys get Snickers or Mars
bars?

Patty in NWO :-).. who will be making a quick two day trip to Minnesota in
two weeks, lookout quiltshops.

"Diana Curtis" wrote in message
Coffee Crisps are a chocolate covered wafer type candy with a coffee
flavor
in the wafer. Nestle makes them but doesnt seem to sell them in the
states,
so I pester my inlaws to send them to me occasionally.
And you are right, they are quite tasty!
Diana

"KJ" wrote in message
Ok, what are coffee crisps? They sound yummy!

"Diana Curtis" wrote in message
news
I am so glad you posted this! I must remind her to bring some!!! Forget
underwear and extra socks, bring coffee crisps!!!
Thank you Patty. :-)
Diana

--
I know all the answers, it's the questions I have problems with
"Patty in NWO" wrote in message
How about friends from Canada with Coffee Crisps. LOL :-)..
Seriously though, that is a gorgeous quilt. Hopefully your SIL will

have
truckload of Coffee Crisps for you for all your hard work.

Patty in NWO :-)..

"Diana Curtis" wrote in message
Thank you! Maybe I need to have relatives stop in more often? Its
amazing
what a deadline can do. :-)
Diana

"Judy Kerr" wrote in message
Oh, that's really lovely! You have a real talent for design. And a
totally
stash quilt as well. You have my deepest admiration!

Judy in UK
Remove NOSPAM to reply

"Diana Curtis" wrote in message

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/lunamo...=18f9.jpg&.src
=ph
snipped

Old March 11th 05, 03:07 PM
Diana Curtis

What part of MN will you be heading to? I can wave if you get close enough.
I have no clue what makes a company sell certain products to only certain
countrys. Perhaps Nestle believes that only Canadians are worthy of such
lucious goodness as Coffee Crisps. They may be right.
Oooh.. lets do that timeless debate about smarties vs m&ms. lol
Diana

"Judy Kerr" wrote in message
Oh, that's really lovely! You have a real talent for design. And

totally
stash quilt as well. You have my deepest admiration!

Judy in UK
Remove NOSPAM to reply

"Diana Curtis" wrote in

message

Old March 11th 05, 11:46 PM
Listpig

The one thing I've picked up is that Mars Bars (UK) is *not* Mars Bars (US).
They're Milky Way (US).

--pig

Old March 12th 05, 12:32 AM
Dee in Oz

So what are Mars Bars (OZ) ?

We get Mars, Milky Way and Snickers.

dee in Oz

Old March 12th 05, 03:50 AM
NightMist

Coffee Crisps are begining to wander over the border again.
I used to stock up when I went to Canada, in fact I found a dollar
store in Guelph that sold the things at 2 for CA$1. I'm lucky I
didn't fall into insulin shock just hauling them up to the counter.
Now though, I can get them at either the Mobile mini-mart by the
expressway, or at the smoke shop on the reservation. In fact DH
brought me home a couple tonight.
Convienient Coffee Crisps, oh yeah livin large.

Oh, Whatchamacallits have never gone off the shelf here so far as I
know. Then again I wouldn't be surprised to wander into the corner
store and find Aero and Skye bars tucked between the Zagnuts and the
Baby Ruth bars.
Some places have certain things regularly, and some don't. How they
figure it in some cases must involve throwing dice and the number of
winning lottery tickets sold in a year. At least that makes as much
sense as anything else I can think of that they may be doing.

NightMist

"Judy Kerr" wrote in message
Oh, that's really lovely! You have a real talent for design. And a
totally
stash quilt as well. You have my deepest admiration!

Judy in UK
Remove NOSPAM to reply

"Diana Curtis" wrote in message

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/lunamo...=18f9.jpg&.src
=ph
snipped

--
"To repeat what others have said, requires education; to challenge
it, requires brains." -Mary Pettibone Poole
Old March 12th 05, 03:56 AM
Patty in NWO

Ok. So you guys don't get Smarties? Learn something new everyday. We get
Snickers and Mars but don't get Milky Way.
But when we go to KFC we can't get mashed potatoes here and the pieces of
chicken are bigger in the USA than Canada and the gravy tastes better from
the USA. I'm stopping at KFC on this trip. We're headed to Hinkley, North
Branch, Mille Lacs areas. Hopefully we can scoot across to Superior to the
quilt shop there. Can't remember the name but I love that one and have
memorized the way there.

Patty in NWO :-)..

Old March 12th 05, 03:59 AM
Patty in NWO

The Mars is probably what we call Mars Bars, I don't think the peeps in the
USA get Snickers, or it might be the Mars bars not sure. We don't get Milky
Ways in Canada

Patty in NWO :-)..

oups.com...

Old March 12th 05, 10:56 AM
Sally Swindells

I used to like Marathon bars but then they changed their name to
Snickers and it put me right off!

Bought a Kitkat while in US and it tasted much different to the UK
one. Also took Hercheys (sp?) back as requested by DS but one bite and
they all wanted their Cadburys or Lindt.

I made a point of trying all the 'delicacies' I had read about on
Newsgroups cant remember any names but Yum Yums and Twinkies ring
bells- but they weren't a patch on a good old cream bun!

Obviously we all have different taste buds!

By the way, what are 'Peeps'.

Sally
Wondering if her diet will survive big Easter Eggs and Cadbury's Cream
Eggs. - ooooh

Old March 12th 05, 12:59 PM
Diana Curtis

Not around here.. no smarties. I prefer the m&ms anyway. Im sure it has a
lot to do with what we grow up with. We do get Snickers, a chocolate covered
bar with nugat, caramel and peanuts. Is that the same as your snickers?
I'll wave, but youre going to be quite some ways away from my area. Im
more near the Twin Citys.
Have a great trip!
Diana