Snow: NOW it is time for me to start another quilt!

Old January 14th 04, 11:02 PM
julia sidebottom

Default Snow: NOW it is time for me to start another quilt!

The largest snow storm of this years is on us right now. Today, where I
live we have already had close to 10" of snow and it is still coming
down! I hated having to be out on the roads today with a passion. The
going was slow and dangerous. But I had to go out to the hospital for
the transfusion and for the other IV meds I needed today... so bad
weather or not it was out the door. Thank goodness Jerry was driving!
I only wish I had taken along with me my quilting hand bag. I forgot it
this morning so I sat there staring at a TV. Oh what a waste of having
both my hands free . So tonight I have decided to sit in front of the
fire place with a warm fire and some of the Cathedral Windows blocks I
had put aside before the holidays. They are the perfect blocks to be
making in this kind of weather. The snow is beautiful to look at
outside our windows. Though the trees are bare our woods are absolutely
gorgeous. The snow is untouched. Not even a deer track yet across the
yard. The only time I like the snow is when it is untouched like this.
So with the fire on one side and the snow on the other the cathedral
window blocks will be the perfect touch for a nice evening ahead.
juliasb

Old January 14th 04, 11:21 PM
cozy

sounds beautiful... if we get snow and have a nice moon, we'll have the
'blue moon' affect on the snow, I hope so... I've never gotten a picture of
that since I got my digcam!

Old January 15th 04, 12:35 AM
AliceW

We're waiting on 6 inches, supposed to start here in NJ around 3 AM tomorrow
morning. I'm all set to work at home tomorrow so I don't have to fight the
idiots on the NJ Turnpike who don't know how to drive in snow. Friday is
supposed to have wind chills here of 15 to 25 degrees below zero - that's in
F degrees, not C!

Sounds like a lovely evening planned, Julia. I love the snow when it's
"virginal", especially with a nice fire going. I have a Cathedral windows
project in a baggie too. I have been working on it when I take short trips
since it takes up such little room. This will hopefully end up being a
pillow. I bought pillow forms starting at 7" and going up, so depending on
my enthusiasm, I have the pillow form to fit!

I hope you're feeling better! Enjoy your fire and your view and happy
quilting!

--
Alice in NJ, Royal Cybrarian
www.ourcyberfamily.us

Old January 15th 04, 03:54 AM
TerriLee In WA

We got our snow last week. I spent two whole days doing nothing but
hibernate in my SR. A luxury I hardly ever get, with a full time job.
Enjoy, and stay safe.
--
TerriLee in WA (state) USA

Old January 15th 04, 11:13 AM
Miriam \Mim\ Spencer

we could use some snow right now in southern Maine. It is good insulation
to keep the plant roots warm or at least at 32F 0C -- It was at -20F -30C
here yesterday. I do hate to drive in it though

Mim
m...