looking 4 Minneapolis/area shops

Old August 21st 03, 05:25 AM
Julia in MN

Default looking 4 Minneapolis/area shops

I live in Rochester and we have 3 nice quilt shops here, but that's
about 80 miles or more from Mpls, depending on where you are in Mpls. I
am not familiar with shops in Mpls, but there is a nice one called The
Quilted Shingle (http://www.thequiltedshingle.com/) in Oakdale, which is
an eastern suburb of St. Paul.

There is a guild called Minnesota Quilters (http://www.mnquilt.org/); I
belong, but have never attended a meeting. I joined to support their
work and get their newsletter. They have a great quilt show every June;
next year it will be here in Rochester.

Julia in MN

Jane McClure wrote:
We might be moving to the Minneapolis area and was wanting to know if
someone could tell me about the quilting shops in the area? And if there
are any guilds?

Thank you, Jane

http://mail.chartermi.net/~jaccola/

Old August 21st 03, 10:42 PM
John Freese

we are fortunate to have a great many great quilt shops- it all depends on
where you love in the city. I live in the western burbs, and am 25 minutes
from at least 6 good shops- more if you go to Minneapolis or to the St. Paul
area.The best way to get a glimpse of the cities is to look at that
Quilter's Companion book.
I of course could tell you my favorites.....we can afford to be picky!
There are also a number of places that have quilt retreats in the area as
well if you want to just sew for a weekend!
Do you know where you will be looking for a place to live?

Helen in MN

.com...

Old August 22nd 03, 02:11 AM
Jane McClure

Thank you for your reply.
We have never been to MN and have no idea on where to start looking for
a place to live. We basically are starting from scratch since we don't know
the area. The company is downtown Minneapolis, as I understand it. We have
3 kids (jr high/high) so that will play into things. Not sure whether to
rent or buy, prices are a consideration.
The number of quilt shops and retreats sound great! Knowing that, I'm
sure I will keep very busy.
Thank you again and if you can think of anything that would help me out,
just let me know.
Jane

Old August 22nd 03, 06:18 AM
Carolyn McCarty

If you move to the northern suburbs, consider making a short trip to
Princeton (about 40 miles north of downtown) to visit Country Treasures, the
best quilt shop I know of. How I miss those folks! Lovely fabrics,
reasonable prices, and best of all lots of quilters behind the counters and
shopping right alongside you.

--
Carolyn in The Old Pueblo

If it ain't broke, you aren't trying. --Red Green
If it ain't broke, it ain't mine. Carolyn McCarty