Thread. free to good home.

Old December 27th 09, 12:22 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
John

Default Thread. free to good home.

I started piecing a new quilt today and grabbed what I thought was my
usual thread, and had nothing but problems with the stitch as put down
by my trusty Bernina machine. After trying to adjust both the upper
tension and the bobbin adjustment screw, I thought to look again at
the thread on the spool. Lo and behold! It says "Glaced" 100% cotton
quilting thread. I read up on that and it seems to be hand quilting
thread that is waxed to give it a shine, and is not recommended for
machine use. Does anybody have any use for spools of Glaced thread? If
you are a hand quilter I will send them to you as I don't do any hand
quilting at all. Send me a private e-mail and it is yours. probably
10-15 spools mostly neutrals and beige but some colors. I don't know
how or when I got it, but it has been in my possession for about 2-3
years.

John
Old December 27th 09, 12:46 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pauline[_3_]

I bet your machine was cursing you when it tried to sew with the glaced
thread Good you looked into the problem! (Not a hand quilter either.)

Pauline
Northern California

Old December 27th 09, 12:49 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
J*

i reckon Sandy aka Ragmop Ellison in Tx could use that.
she 'only hand quilts' her treasures.
just tossing her name into the ring in case she is otherwise occupied atm.
she is probly off handquilting now as well.
j.

"John" wrote ...

Old December 27th 09, 05:31 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

John, have you had any problem removing the glace from your beloved
Bernina's innards? Polly

Old December 27th 09, 02:02 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
John

On Dec 27, 12:31*am, "Polly Esther" wrote:
John, have you had any problem removing the glace from your beloved
Bernina's innards? *Polly

I didn't do that much sewing with it, when I realized there was a
problem. I did "floss" the upper tension channel, with a piece of
fabric, and changed the needle and cleaned out the bobbin case with a
swab, and some alcohol and that seemed to take care of it. I reset all
the various tension settings on the bobbin and upper tension wheel
back to where they should be and happily made 10 large pieces for the
new quilt with no problem. So I guess I am back to "normal", is such a
condition exists for me.

John
Old December 27th 09, 10:35 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
John

On Dec 26, 7:22*pm, John wrote:
[...]

All the tread is spoken for.

John
Old December 28th 09, 03:03 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
amy in CNY

On Dec 27, 5:35*pm, John wrote:
On Dec 26, 7:22*pm, John wrote:

[...]

poop. i'm always late.....
amy in CNY

Also Free To A Good Home.... Megan Zurawicz[_2_] Quilting 4 January 25th 08 09:11 PM
free to good home Boca Jan Quilting 0 May 15th 06 09:22 PM
Free to good home Cheryl Isaak Needlework 0 May 4th 06 10:25 PM
Free to a Good Home JG Quilting 2 April 16th 04 01:21 PM
Free to a good home KDK Beads 3 September 13th 03 06:51 PM