introduction

Old September 12th 03, 11:43 AM
Marian Poller

Default introduction

Hi,
I'm a friend of Miriam's and also live in Israel. Right now I'm doing
several crewel embroidery pieces. Anyone do that these days?
Marian

Old September 12th 03, 02:11 PM
Dianne Lewandowski

Hi, Marian . . . and welcome to RCTN!

Crewel embroidery is alive and well in the U.S., but is not as popular
as cross stitch. I have the lovliest piece waiting to start on a
fawn-colored linen twill. Just haven't gotten to it.

Another type of wool embroidery is from Australia - quite different from
crewel. Our national embroidery organization: Embroiderer's Guild of
America, has a magazine and the latest issue showed the most beautiful
crewel work.

I love working with wool fibers. So forgiving a medium.
Dianne

Old September 12th 03, 11:30 PM
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Shalom Marian !!
Marian is a Great and Marvelous Knitter
mirjam
on.net.il wrote:

Hi,
I'm a friend of Miriam's and also live in Israel. Right now I'm doing
several crewel embroidery pieces. Anyone do that these days?
Marian

Introduction of double sided [email protected] Marketplace 0 November 3rd 04 04:25 PM
An after-the fact introduction Cathy Weeks Doll Houses 9 March 1st 04 03:48 AM
Introduction mzrachel Beads 2 December 11th 03 02:06 PM
Introduction, & a couple questions about the group..... Kyla Beads 19 November 3rd 03 07:10 PM
Hi I'm new (used to belong a long time ago) introduction Meam Needlework 0 July 23rd 03 02:21 PM