OT---well i been and gone and done it

Old April 6th 05, 04:53 AM
nzlstar

Default OT---well i been and gone and done it

woooooooooooohooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!
tis all paid for and should arrive on my doorstep tomorrow or friday.

Flight/Equip.: Air New Zealand 8 Boeing 747-400
Depart: Auckland (AKL) / Sunday 10 April 7:20 pm
Arrive: San Francisco (SFO) / Sunday 10 April 12:20 pm
Stops: non-stop 10481 km
Seats Requested: 37G
Class: Economy

Flight/Equip.: Air New Zealand 7 Boeing 747-400
Depart: San Francisco (SFO) / Sunday 12 June 9:45 pm
Arrive: Auckland (AKL) / Tuesday 14 June 5:30 am (2nd day)
Stops: non-stop 10481 km
Seats Requested: 46H
Class: Economy

aint no backing out now. eeeeeeeeeek.
i'm skeered to pieces whats gonna happen once i get there.
arrive sfo, get a rental car, drive across the san mateo bridge to hayward,
find the tax guy, hope he has time to do moms taxes for 4 yrs, if not find
someone who can do it in time for the 15th deadline, then go to the bank
there, then back to the airport and tell'em give me the next seat east,
ending up in london, ontario.
i figure i might need two or three days in the east bay, hopefully not more.
lots of stuff in storage in london to deal with.

i just gotta remember to breath now and again, eat, drink, sleep when i can
and get thru this.
....and dont forget every possible bit of paper that might be needed for the
taxes.
i hate having to do all this. i used to be an ok traveller til the last trip
and after with ds near dying back in 2001 as well. it all just took the wind
out of my sails completely.
now if i can get thru the next three days without a headache...dh will get
me to the airport in one piece.
ok, everything is now crossed that all this trip goes smoothly, specially
the taxes and the london storage stuff. from then its smooth sailing
visiting online buddys.
hugz all round this big old cyberquilting frame!!!!!
jeanne
--
san-fran at ihug dot co dot nz
nzlstar on yahoo msg'r

Old April 6th 05, 05:50 AM
Tamara

Too bad your heading across the San Mateo Bridge. I live North of the
Golden Gate Bridge.

Tamara

Old April 6th 05, 07:14 AM
Carey N.

Take a deep breath and relax. Think positive thoughts and good things will
occur. You can always have the tax preparer file an extension(at least for
this year). I'd be interested to know if they can file back 4 years; I
thought it was only 3, but there may be other guidelines depending on
various circumstances. Don't forget to have a little fun on the trip: stash
hunting, perhaps?
--
Carey

Old April 6th 05, 07:25 AM
Sharon Harper

Hugs, love and stay safe. We'll all be flyin' with you!

Queen of Down Under
quicker)

Old April 6th 05, 07:48 AM
nzlstar

hi Carey.
an extension is automatic when u'r a non-resident, well, need to fill in the
form but goes thru no problem.
the 2001 tax return has to be in by 15th april 2002.
the three yrs is from that date.
so i got til this 15th april, 2005.
after getting these 4 yrs done i still have to do a tax return every yr and
i cant fly over every yr just for that. i'll need someone to explain to me
how to do them myself and try to keep up with the changes in the tax laws
each time.
this time is the trickiest. not just cuz theres so many back returns to do
but its all the change from living trust to regular trust and the medical
expenses as well.
oh well....
jeanne
--
san-fran at ihug dot co dot nz
nzlstar on yahoo msg'r
http://community.webshots.com/user/nzlstar

"Carey N." wrote...

Old April 6th 05, 07:51 AM
nzlstar

so we need a huuuuuuuugre charter flight?
i wish someone was going with me. i asked my ds but hes not got a passport
or visa to usa so hes not even considered, dh cant take the time off work or
will lose his business. its a one man job, 6 days a week, aint a huge money
earner enough to keep someone trained and confident they'd do the job
properly without messing up and losing him his clients or not keeping
accurate acct and losing him dollars.
sigh....
jeanne
--
san-fran at ihug dot co dot nz
nzlstar on yahoo msg'r
http://community.webshots.com/user/nzlstar

"Sharon Harper" wrote...

Old April 6th 05, 07:52 AM
nzlstar

north where?
just curious. could be too far or not.
dont really know how long its going to take to get the taxes sorted out
either.
jeanne
--
san-fran at ihug dot co dot nz
nzlstar on yahoo msg'r
http://community.webshots.com/user/nzlstar

"Tamara" wrote...

Old April 6th 05, 08:24 AM
Patti

Good luck, Jeanne
You'll be fine once you start. The bad bit is the apprehension and the
fact that there is so much travelling and difficult stuff to do - it's
not a fun trip! But, if you can keep the hard stuff within bounds and
give yourself some 'holidays' along the way that should help. You know
the drill: five days work, two days play. Don't forget to get enough
rest to let you work out the jet lag.
Hope it all goes well.
..
In message , nzlstar
writes
[...]

Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old April 6th 05, 08:28 AM
M Rimmer

In message , nzlstar
writes
so we need a huuuuuuuugre charter flight?
i wish someone was going with me.

The whole of RCTQ will be with you. Check out the businessman with the
comb-over - that's actually me, I'll be flying with you so you're not
alone. And the young mum who can't keep her kids in control, actually
that's Diana Curtis (who *can* keep kids in control really), she's there
to give you courage. And the two little old ladies travelling together,
they're not really little old ladies at all, they're our own Queen of
Squishies and Butterfly who have made the trip specially to be with you.
In fact every person on the plane, including the flight attendants and
the pilot, are all your RCTQ friends in disguise. And as soon as you
board, the whole plane will be wrapped in an enormous Hug quilt made
just for you, with holes made for the windows and engines and emergency
exits of course, so you won't be able to see it, but it will be there
nonetheless. My block is an Ohio Star in jewel tones on a black
background. It's right next to your seat, but on the outside of the
plane, obviously. If you reach out your hand to the nearest bit of the
wall to where you're sitting, you'll be almost touching it. So you won't
be flying alone at all.
--
M Rimmer

Old April 6th 05, 08:49 AM
Jessamy

Mine is the WOW with screaming orange friendship star ;-) it's just above
your head on the left!
and I'll be sitting just across the isle from you drinking huge amounts of
water ahum with a dash of lime :-D
--
Jessamy
www.geocities.com/jess_ayad