HP label program

Old February 14th 05, 06:09 PM
KJ

Default HP label program

Does any one here use the label program for printing labels on fabric? I've
just spent the entire morning trying to use it for one label. I think it
would have been a lot faster to use Corel print shop or one of my other
photo programs. I'm not sure what the advantage of the HP program is.
Templates? The field for typing text is so small you can't read what you
typed unless you change the font size back and forth from what fits on the
label to what you can read on the screen. I discovered that after printing
a label and finding a misspelling! I had printed out the first draft on a
piece of paper, then didn't print out my changes, so I guess the mistake is
mine. Grrrr. Good thing it's not an expensive program. Hummm maybe
that's why it doesn't seem to work as well.

--
Kathyl
remove "nospam-" before mchsi

Old February 14th 05, 06:41 PM
Sherry Starr

I use it all the time. The problem that I had is that I didn't read all the
info in the Help section. I breeze right though it now. I do most of the
labels for our quilt guildthat we use for our mini quilts and charity
projects. I really like it. I got the HP label program because I never
could figure out the Corel program. I make cards all the time, and I just
thought theirs was difficult. I probably just didn't read all the Help info
on that either. JMHO ......

Sherry Starr

Old February 14th 05, 06:50 PM
Karen Johnson

I've been curious about that software, but decided it was just another
gizmo targeted at a huge and enthusiastic market (us! quilters!) As
much as I hate Microsoft, I use Publisher for just about everything,
including quilt labels. Works great.

Thanks for letting me know I didn't miss anything by not buying the HP
program.

Can you return it to the store where you bought it, and tell 'em it
just doesn't work as advertised? No point in wasting money on bad
software, when it can go to fabric ...

Karen Johnson

http://www.dabukar.com
Old February 14th 05, 06:58 PM
frood

Although other people here like that program, I find it very hard to use.
Choosing a background design alone drives me nuts! Selecting and deleting,
over and over again.... Anyway, I don't like it, and I'm glad I didn't pay
much for it.

--
Wendy
de-fang email address to reply

Old February 14th 05, 08:39 PM
Sandy Foster

In article HX4Qd.68496$eT5.2029@attbi_s51,
"KJ" wrote:

Does any one here use the label program for printing labels on fabric? I've
just spent the entire morning trying to use it for one label. I think it
would have been a lot faster to use Corel print shop or one of my other
photo programs. I'm not sure what the advantage of the HP program is.
Templates? The field for typing text is so small you can't read what you
typed unless you change the font size back and forth from what fits on the
label to what you can read on the screen. I discovered that after printing
a label and finding a misspelling! I had printed out the first draft on a
piece of paper, then didn't print out my changes, so I guess the mistake is
mine. Grrrr. Good thing it's not an expensive program. Hummm maybe
that's why it doesn't seem to work as well.

I have it, Kathyl, and I really enjoy using it. I agree that you can
probably do anything this program does in one of several other different
programs, but it does have lots of stuff right there in one convenient
location. I've never had a problem with the size of boxes, since I just
resize them to suit myself. g
--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://home.earthlink.net/~sfoster1

AKA Dame Sandy, Minister of Education
Old February 15th 05, 02:29 AM
Carolyn McCarty

I'm embarrassed to say that I use a Disney Pooh program to make most of my
labels, using the greeting card format. But I've used a card-making-type
program, too, I think it's called Print Shop. That works at least as well.
I make the label on the card type that you would have if you fold a regular
sheet of paper into 4, design just the front of the card as my label, and
print it out.

--
Carolyn in The Old Pueblo

If it ain't broke, you aren't trying. --Red Green

If at first you don't succeed, switch to power tools --Red Green

Old February 15th 05, 04:09 AM
Julia in MN

I just upgraded my Quilt Pro to version 5. It has label making
capability. I haven't tried it, but it sounds interesting.

Julia in MN

http://webpages.charter.net/jaccola/

Old February 15th 05, 12:38 PM
Debi Matlack

I usually us MS Word for my labels. It's easy to import pictures, add text
and manipulate it to look the way I want it.
--
Debi

Ever stop to think, and forget to start again?

Old February 15th 05, 02:27 PM
joan8904

What a great idea! Why didn't I think of that!

Thank you x100,
joan