Ironing board material

Old December 7th 04, 01:29 AM
Arri London

liz hall wrote:

I have just had to change my ironing board as I bought a steam generator and
they need a mesh base ironing board,
Liz

Can't you just drill holes in the board? People have been using steam
generators for many years without special ironing boards.

"jtsnow" wrote in message
Im making a large ironing surface (6'x2') to iron quilts on.
What fabric/material should I use and where can I buy material premade
specifically for iron boards or appropriate to use for an ironing board?

Any tips appreciated

Thank you!

Old December 7th 04, 03:43 PM
liz hall

I suppose you could but mine was 38 years old so I thought I would invest in
a new one and I really like the larger size.
L:iz

Old December 7th 04, 05:51 PM
joy beeson

On Sun, 5 Dec 2004 11:16:54 -0800, "jtsnow"
wrote:

Im making a large ironing surface (6'x2') to iron quilts on.
What fabric/material should I use and where can I buy material premade
specifically for iron boards or appropriate to use for an ironing board?

Unbleached cotton duck, unbleached cotton drill, and canton
flannel are all good.

I put the good parts of a worn-out wool mattress pad under
my ironing-board cover; wool is resilient, and holds pins
well.

Joy Beeson
--
http://home.earthlink.net/~joybeeson/ -- needlework
http://home.earthlink.net/~dbeeson59...HSEW/ROUGH.HTM

Joy Beeson

Ironing board material jtsnow Quilting 8 December 6th 04 03:51 PM
Ironing board fabric? jtsnow Needlework 3 December 6th 04 12:00 PM
ironing board cover Queen of Squishies Quilting 28 November 19th 04 02:44 PM
Looking for a quality ironing board for a gift Zagadka Quilting 7 November 4th 04 02:28 AM
Quality ironing board cover Sewing 11 February 24th 04 08:03 PM