Pattern search

Old January 23rd 08, 04:54 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
ewwaller

Default Pattern search

I wonder if anyone knows of any psychology-related charts out there. It's a
long-shot, I know, but I thought I'd take a stab at it. I mean, psychology
isn't exactly a popular subject with most people, is it? But perhaps
there's a Freud chart? Or a "Pink Freud" chart? Weirder things have
happened. Also, if there are any leads the profession of psychotherapy
.. . . A longer shot, I'm afraid, but it doesn't hurt to ask. Thanks.

Beth

Old January 23rd 08, 05:48 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
F.James Cripwell

"ewwaller" ) writes:
I wonder if anyone knows of any psychology-related charts out there. It's a
long-shot, I know, but I thought I'd take a stab at it. I mean, psychology
isn't exactly a popular subject with most people, is it? But perhaps
there's a Freud chart? Or a "Pink Freud" chart? Weirder things have
happened. Also, if there are any leads the profession of psychotherapy
. . . A longer shot, I'm afraid, but it doesn't hurt to ask. Thanks.

Beth

These days if you can find a picture, I can turn it into a pattern; for
free. However, it is not quite that easy, because not all pictures trun
into good patterns. But it is, potentially, one approach.

Old January 23rd 08, 11:38 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Trish Brown

ewwaller wrote:
I wonder if anyone knows of any psychology-related charts out there.
It's a long-shot, I know, but I thought I'd take a stab at it. I mean,
psychology isn't exactly a popular subject with most people, is it? But
perhaps there's a Freud chart? Or a "Pink Freud" chart? Weirder things
have happened. Also, if there are any leads the profession of
psychotherapy . . . A longer shot, I'm afraid, but it doesn't hurt to
ask. Thanks.

Beth

Take a sampler pattern. Any sampler will do, but one with rows of
stitches or motifs is best. Oh, and one that appeals to you, of course!

Insert buzz-words in back-stitch or cross stitch or beading.

For psychology, you could put ego, id, therapy, pself-esteem, persona,
bipolar (would look good done in two colours or overlaid with BF), mood,
Freud, abberant and so on and so forth (depending on what branch of
psychology you're doing, of course). It would be fun choosing fonts to
work the words in and different threads to express what you mean.

I can't think of a motif for psychology, but I'm sure DH will when I ask
him. He did psych too.

--
Trish {|:-} Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Old January 24th 08, 01:09 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Karen C in California

Trish Brown wrote:
bipolar (would look good done in two colours or overlaid with BF)

Or how about mirror-imaged? Bipolar-ralopiB

EGO must, of course, be the largest word, and preferably done in
fluorescent color/glow in the dark.

--
Karen C - California
Editor/Proofreader www.IntlProofingConsortium.com

Finished 1/19/08 - Sesame Street group picture

WIP: MLI The Teacher (gift to the library),
Bethany Angel, Flowers of Hawaii (Jeanette Crews) for ME!!!
Retrieved from UFO pile: Marbek's Snow Angel

www.CFSfacts.org -- where we give you the facts and dispel the myths
Myths, with research cites: http://www.aacfs.org/images/pdfs/myths.pdf
Old January 24th 08, 03:14 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
ewwaller

Very cool ideas! Thanks. I'm really excited to work something out along
those lines. Neat!

Beth

BTW, it's nice to see an old friend here, Trish!

Old January 24th 08, 01:59 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Joan E.

On Jan 23, 7:09 pm, Karen C in California wrote:
Trish Brown wrote:
bipolar (would look good done in two colours or overlaid with BF)

Or how about mirror-imaged? Bipolar-ralopiB

EGO must, of course, be the largest word, and preferably done in
fluorescent color/glow in the dark.

ROTFL! *Brilliant* ideas, both of you!!!

Joan
Old January 24th 08, 02:07 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Joan E.

Trish Brown wrote:
bipolar (would look good done in two colours or overlaid with BF)

Or how about mirror-imaged? Bipolar-ralopiB

EGO must, of course, be the largest word, and preferably done in
fluorescent color/glow in the dark.

I was telling a coworker about this and she had another idea: Put ego
in big letters in the middle and do it like a Scrabble board.

Joan
Old January 24th 08, 02:22 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
lewmew

Trish Brown wrote:
bipolar (would look good done in two colours or overlaid with BF)

Or how about mirror-imaged? *Bipolar-ralopiB

EGO must, of course, be the largest word, and preferably done in
fluorescent color/glow in the dark.

ROTFL! **Brilliant* ideas, both of you!!!

Joan

I think Bipolar would have to go up and down. . . .

How do you make some nice hiding, furitive letters for paranoid?
Old January 24th 08, 09:09 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Karen C in California

lewmew wrote:

How do you make some nice hiding, furitive letters for paranoid?

Stitch white-on-white. You have to sneak up on the sampler to be able
to see it.

Old January 25th 08, 02:52 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Alison

On Wed, 23 Jan 2008 21:14:25 -0600, "ewwaller"
wrote:

Very cool ideas! Thanks. I'm really excited to work something out along
those lines. Neat!

Beth

BTW, it's nice to see an old friend here, Trish!

How about an inkblot?

Alison

Need help with pattern search SpringsMandy Needlework 1 December 31st 04 11:44 PM
pattern search K. Reece Quilting 0 September 9th 04 07:20 AM
Pattern search Janise Ross Yarn 17 November 18th 03 05:58 PM
pattern search MinnieNeedles Sewing 10 October 8th 03 03:43 PM
Pattern/idea search Jess Sewing 2 September 15th 03 01:13 PM