Another fire - not me

Old April 8th 04, 01:19 AM
frood

Default Another fire - not me

Last night, my neighbor's house caught fire. She is ok, and neither of her
kids were home. Her dog and one cat are fine, one cat is missing, and one
cat didn't make it. The one that died belonged to the 13 yo girl who is best
friends with my DD#1. These neighbors share our back fence, and we have
known them for years.

But the house is mostly gone. The mom's entire bedroom is black, and the
laundry room has no walls. She had several family heirloom quilts in her
bedroom.

The neighborhood is still reeling. Everybody was outside last night, seeing
what they could do. They have a place to stay for now, and I'm taking care
of the dog.

I can't replace her family quilts, but I can offer some comfort in a way
that we all understand. I want to make a quilt for each of them. I have one
UFO that will be good for the mom, but I'd appreciate help on the other 2.
If anyone is interested, and wants to send a block, let me know. My address
is in the directory, or you can write to me at mamaboo at griffinsflight dot
com

For the boy (age 17), I'm thinking masculine plaids (not flannel). Simple
blocks, or plain fabric is fine, standard 6" finished (6.5" unfinished).

For the girl (age 13), I'd love cream or pink (or pink and cream) blocks
that I can alternate with some lime green cat fabric I have. Maybe 4-patches
or 9-patches, or plain blocks. Nothing fancy - she's not a froofy girl.

I know this family is not RCTQ related. Please don't feel compelled to send
a block - there is no obligation here. But I know the generosity of this
group. I've seen it first hand when I helped put together the HUG for JudyC
in NC a few years ago.

--
Wendy
De-Fang email address to reply

Old April 8th 04, 01:33 AM
Kate Dicey

frood wrote:

[...]

Akk! Count me in! Scary things, fires.
--
Kate XXXXXX
http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk
Old April 8th 04, 02:04 AM
Diana Curtis

Count me in.
Once, our trailer caught fire, many years ago. It was put out before it
caused much damage but still, how scary. Our neighbors stood out in the
bitter cold and helped us put things to rights.
Diana

m...

Old April 8th 04, 02:04 AM
Mary in Oregon

I can't pass yet another hug request so count me in. What about Mom's
quilts? Any preference? What about deadline?

--
Mary
m...

Old April 8th 04, 02:09 AM
Bonnie

frood wrote:

For the boy (age 17), I'm thinking masculine plaids (not flannel). Simple
blocks, or plain fabric is fine, standard 6" finished (6.5" unfinished).

For the girl (age 13), I'd love cream or pink (or pink and cream) blocks
that I can alternate with some lime green cat fabric I have. Maybe 4-patches
or 9-patches, or plain blocks. Nothing fancy - she's not a froofy girl.

Count me in.
--
Bonnie
NJ
http://home.earthlink.net/~maebe43/

Old April 8th 04, 02:47 AM
frood

I have a UFO to finish for the mom. I was going to finish it last year, when
she got divorced, but she was so happy about the situation, I didn't! :-P

Deadline? I don't know. How's May 1 sound?

Thank you.

--
"Mary in Oregon" wrote in message
I can't pass yet another hug request so count me in. What about Mom's
quilts? Any preference? What about deadline?

--
Mary
m...

Old April 8th 04, 04:24 AM
NoMoreSpam

Wendy, I am so pleased to be your friend, and the way you jump in and
care for others. Blocks will be on their was asap.

*hugs*

Christina

Old April 8th 04, 06:08 AM
dreamboat

I have only sent out blocks for one hug quilt so you can
count me in and I will send you send blocks next week.
Is 6" to 6.5" as big as you want? I do not have anyone's
address. so you will have to send me your address and
I will try to have them in the mail in the next week or so.
I am always willing to help out.
dreamboat
m...

Old April 8th 04, 12:37 PM
TinaHoak

I can relate to having fires....growing up we had 3 at various times in
our home. It is very emotionally draining for a child ! To this day I
am paranoid when it comes to fires and I am 42 ! Looks like I am
working on blocks today !

Tina
Brockport NY

OT - Fire Beadbimbo Beads 23 August 15th 04 12:52 AM
Swarovski Fire Opal!! Amanda Richards Beads 19 July 20th 04 05:10 AM
AD: Angel of Fire and other great new kits! Karleen/Vibrant Jewels Marketplace 0 August 13th 03 04:53 AM