JUST FURIOUS!

Old June 30th 10, 06:15 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Steven Cook

Default JUST FURIOUS!

And he's back. Just saw a note on Facebook. Of course no answer to the
phone call. Heaven forbid that children talk with their parents, but he's
home, we're happy, and we can now wait for the next thing to worry about.
Hopefully a lot tamer than this one.

Steven, resting easier
Alaska

"Steven Cook" wrote in message
mmunications...
Okay, I need to vent and this is where I have come to do so.

So, the motorbike was not newish and then used hard and then shipped, IT
WAS IN BAD SHAPE WHEN IT WAS BOUGHT! And the man that asked my step-son
to ride it back to AK DID NOT BOTHER to tell said step-son this!!!!! Only
now has it come out. The brakes were so bad, they barely worked enough to
get to the shop to fix them, the gas tank is so rusted that it leaked gas
down his pants and boots and gave him a severe rash and on top of that the
rust probably would have clogged the fuel line somewhere along the way.
The cowling was broken in several spots and could have torn off going down
the road. The throttle controls are not working well, and several bolts
are in danger of snapping. This man knowlingly put my step-son in danger.
Knowlingly, and is now trying to cover his backside.

I am so angry that I can hardly see straight. Step-son, as I had said in
a previous posting, had finally had it too and so-called friend tried to
tell him that it wasn't that bad and he could still ride it. Step-son
said to friend that he had two days to find a place to sell it, scrap it,
or ship it, or he would simply remove the plates and leave it in a parking
lot somewhere in LA. He did not care any more, would not endanger himself
anymore, and that he was flying home on Tuesday. As much as I dislike
Facebook, we received a picture today of the bike on a trailer being
hauled away. Yeah!!! There were also other pictures of the death-machine
that helped put me in my furious state.

If I ever meet this man, which is unlikely, and just as well, little me,
and I am little compared to this waste-of-a-man, will rip him a new one
and give him a piece of my mind. Right now I cannot forgive him for the
danger that he put my step-son in. Maybe later, but not now.

Sorry if I said some inappropriate things, but I am a bit emotional at the
moment.

Steven
Alaska

Old July 2nd 10, 01:21 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
dealer83

On Jun 30, 12:15*am, "Steven Cook" wrote:
[...]

Steven, I'm just getting caught up on posts and read this.....you had
every right to be so furious! The only good thing out of the whole
situation is that your step son knew when to walk away and that was so
important. He was raised right and knew the difference of
foolhardiness or safety. No matter how old the 'child', they are
still your baby and worry seems to come right along with it. I'm glad
it had a happy ending. Donna