Butler Dental Floss Threaders

Old September 6th 04, 10:34 AM
~Candace~

I've been working off of the same huge bottle of Baby Medicated Gold Bond
Powder since Darian was 3 months old. Now I use for Tyler, and it it is
heads and shoulders above any of the "baby powders" out there.
(That would mean one bottle has been going strong for aout 6 years now)
Not affiliated, just enjoying.

--
~Candace~

Orphan Beads ~low cost and bartering for the financially challenged beader~
http://snipurl.com/6s4t

Princess Auctions ~please see for most current updates and auction
information~
http://snipurl.com/8s8o

"Kathy N-V" wrote in message
. giganews.com...
On Mon, 6 Sep 2004 4:04:34 -0400, Su/Cutworks wrote
(in message ):

Barb wrote:

If you are willing to pay for global priority mail ($9 US, approx) I'd

be
happy to send you gold bond and floss threaders to your hearts delight.

Oooh, do you accept Paypal?

It's funny the things you miss, eh?

Gold Bond Powder, huh? That cracks me up. I've never used the
stuff, and it might be wonderful, but it has the most horrible radio
commercials known to man.

Most of them feature some "real-life customer" who has a voice that
could cut glass, saying things like "I had all kinds of chafing and
odor between my rolls of fat, until my cousin Lynnette fixed me right
up with that Gold Bond Power. Now I can sweat like a goat without
discomfort."

Ewww. For the longest time, I thought they were joke commercials,
and that Gold Bond powder didn't even exist. I was laughing like a
fool the first time I saw it at the drugstore.

Fortunately, I often laugh like a fool in public places, so everyone
is used to it.

Kathy N-V

Old September 6th 04, 10:42 AM
starlia

When I got a bad rash Dan went out and got Gold Bond. Boy did that rash
clear up pronto. Now I make sure we always have some. It works on dogs
too!

--
Starlia Klopman
www.klopmanstudios.com

m...

Old September 6th 04, 11:46 AM
lgreene

when i lived in europe, my mom was great about sending me packages of the
things i couldn't get there.
it's funny, even things that i became accustomed to getting easily in one
state i couldn't get when i got to another.

there is a pizza place in my growing up neighborhood that makes the most
delicious greek pizza. whenever someone came down to visit, they'd bring a
dozen half cooked for me to have in the freezer.

and Kathy N-V might know about Nissan's new england style hot dog
rolls...couldn't get them in NY or NJ. Every time i'd go home to Boston,
I'd have a few dozen to carry back because i had intro'd them to my
officemates, and they wanted them.

I still send Gulden's spicy brown mustard to a friend in Bath at Christmas.
She adores it and can't get it.

"Su/Cutworks" wrote in message
Cheri wrote:

http://www.cvs.com/

Man! I wish they shipped to the UK, there's a bunch of things I haven't
seen in ages. My husband loves Gold Bond Powder, and they don't sell it
over here.

What a cool site, thanks for the link. I'm going to wax my nostalgic now,
see you later.

-Su

Old September 6th 04, 01:45 PM
Su/Cutworks

Kathy N-V wrote:

Gold Bond Powder, huh? That cracks me up. I've never used the
stuff, and it might be wonderful, but it has the most horrible radio
commercials known to man.

I've never heard them. Looks like I didn't miss much!

Ewww. For the longest time, I thought they were joke commercials,
and that Gold Bond powder didn't even exist. I was laughing like a
fool the first time I saw it at the drugstore.

I got some years ago for a Pennsic trip. It made wearing full court Tudor a
lot better, you have NO idea how much a corset can chafe.

Fortunately, I often laugh like a fool in public places, so everyone
is used to it.

I do that too, it's disconcerting to my very quiet husband.

-Su

Old September 6th 04, 01:45 PM
Su/Cutworks

I still send Gulden's spicy brown mustard to a friend in Bath at
Christmas.
She adores it and can't get it.

I'm going to send my sis some Rose's Lime Marmalade this week, she fell in
love with it when she was here.

I miss Butterfingers, and haven't had Gulden's in years. I did find a tasty
replacement from a friend in Ireland, they make mustard with Guinness there.
Yummmmmmm.....

-Su

Old September 6th 04, 05:41 PM
Sjpolyclay

THANK you!!!
I gound one of these on the floor at our recent polymer clay retreat, and
couldn't figure out what in the world someone had found to do with it---and I
just knew it wasn't about teeth. now I have a clue!
Sarajane

Sarajane's Polymer Clay Gallery
http://www.polyclay.com

Old September 6th 04, 07:07 PM
Barbara Forbes-Lyons

Remember you sent me PP for Helen's stuff??

Anywho - let me know how much and what type of GB you want, and how many
packages of floss threaders and I'll get them as soon as we're allowed back
on the streets and send you a total. Just e-mail me offlist, ok?

Barb

Old September 6th 04, 09:07 PM
Su/Cutworks

Barb wrote:

Remember you sent me PP for Helen's stuff??

*pleading major brain fade" :-)

Anywho - let me know how much and what type of GB you want, and how many
packages of floss threaders and I'll get them as soon as we're allowed

back
on the streets and send you a total. Just e-mail me offlist, ok?

Will do!

And a public thanks!

-Su

Old September 7th 04, 06:51 AM
Kalera Stratton

I am not understanding this hot dog bun thing. Do tell!

-Kalera
http://www.beadwife.com
http://www.snipurl.com/kebay

Kathy N-V wrote:
On Mon, 6 Sep 2004 6:46:52 -0400, lgreene wrote
(in message
):

and Kathy N-V might know about Nissan's new england style hot dog
rolls...couldn't get them in NY or NJ. Every time i'd go home to Boston,
I'd have a few dozen to carry back because i had intro'd them to my
officemates, and they wanted them.

The only kind of hot dog bun where you put the condiments underneath
your hot dog and therefore don't get mustard on your chest. We don't
buy any other kind. :-)

I send my cousin in Germany "Good Seasons" dressing mix in Cesear,
because you cannot get it there, as well as Chips Ahoy cookies.
Bob's brother in NC regularly asks for shipments of Marshmallow Fluff
and Salada tea. I have my cousin send me oblaten (something for
baking), so I can make macaroons without having them stick to the
pan.
Kathy N-V

Old September 7th 04, 12:36 PM
starlia

Those buns sound perfect. I wonder if we could get any around here.

--
Starlia Klopman
www.klopmanstudios.com

"Kathy N-V" wrote in message
. giganews.com...
Hot Dog buns in most of the country look like small, oval loaves of
bread, and are cut down the side. The hot dog and condiments are
loaded on the side of the bun, which looks lovely in a television
commercial, but spills relish down your shirt and provides a too much
crust:bun ratio.

New England Style hot dog buns are cut vertically from a huge loaf
with indentations in the top. They are loaded from the top, not the
side, and if you put the condiments in before the hot dog, then it
stays put and you don't end up wearing your mustard or relish. Nissan
buns are especially reknowned because they taste wonderful and the
bottom part is relatively thick (a vital thing if you don't want the
bun/condiment combo to get mushy and tear).

BTW, putting ketchup on a hot dog is an abomination when practiced by
anyone past the age of discretion. Children are excused because they
think ketchup is a food group, probably because of the lingering
ripples of Reaganomics. Cast them pitying looks as they put that red
goo (or heaven forbid, purple or green goo) on a quality weiner which
has been grilled to perfection. Makes you want to slaps some raw
baloney between a couple of slices of bread for all those junior
gourmands seem to know.

Kathy N-V

On Tue, 7 Sep 2004 1:51:53 -0400, Kalera Stratton wrote
(in message ):