Anklet length question

Old August 6th 03, 08:48 PM
Helen C

Default Anklet length question

What size anklet would you all wear? I've been getting orders for anklets
with the spiral stitch and I've found the easiest way is to have someone
measure their ankle and go from there. Does this sound right? So, this
means every one I've made is custom but it would be nice to make some up for
"extra" Maybe a chain like for the braclets so it's adjustable?

Later,

Helen C

Old August 7th 03, 01:59 AM
Deirdre S.

I've been wanting to do this for quite a few things (adjustment
chains). Anyone have suggestions on

1. size and style of chain (links have to be a good size to hold a
clasp)
2. vendor / supplier
3. how to finish the end (a bead or charm, or just let it dangle)

TIA

Deirdre

On Thu, 07 Aug 2003 00:30:34 GMT, "Kandice Seeber"
wrote:

Well, my ankles are freaking huge (unlike my wrists), so about 12 inches or
more depending ont he material. Maybe attach some chain so it's adjustable.

Old August 7th 03, 07:47 AM
BeckiBead

I made most of mine 8" and that fits the little people. Mine are 11" -- I have
big legs, always have, always will. My ankle bracelets look like
mini-necklaces. Doesn't stop me from wearing them.

Becki
But what it sounded like
when she yelled was, "She prefers dicks". --Tina
Old August 7th 03, 03:18 PM
Kandice Seeber

No, they're in proportion - there's no fluid. My wrists are just strangely
small. The rest of me is large.

--
Kandice Seeber
Air & Earth Designs

Well, my ankles are freaking huge (unlike my wrists), so about 12 inches

or
more depending on the material. Maybe attach some chain so it's

adjustable.

If your lower legs, ankles and feet seem "thick" out of proportion to the

rest
of you -- especially if you're somewhat overweight, and can remember when

they
*didn't* look that way -- it's possible that you've got some fluid

settling in
the tissues there. This happened to me once, and I thought it was just the
"natural" result of gaining weight... until a friend's roommate asked to

use me
as a practice subject for massage training. Suddenly I had ankles again!

It might be worth the money to get half an hour's time with a professional
massage therapist concentrating on your lower legs and feet. The best part

is,
once that fluid has been forced back into circulation, it takes quite a

while
for it to build back up again. I try to go in for this treatment about

once a
year, and that seems to keep things under control.

Celine

--
Handmade jewelry at http://www.rubylane.com/shops/starcat
"Only the powers of evil claim that doing good is boring."

Posting Question angela Beads 25 August 7th 03 12:57 PM
Flex Shaft question Karen_AZ Beads 13 August 1st 03 06:44 PM
Question for Kandice BedazzlingJewels Beads 5 August 1st 03 07:05 AM
question regarding an AD marisa2 Beads 2 July 16th 03 04:47 PM
Another question.... Question about Beading Thread Ken Knecht Beads 3 July 16th 03 06:24 AM