Happiness is

Old September 28th 08, 09:34 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Pat P[_2_]

Default Happiness is

"Lucille" lzoltynospam@now at comcast..net wrote in message

"Dr. Brat" wrote in message
. ..
Laury Walkey wrote:

Dr. Brat wrote:

a roof over my head and food in my belly;
a husband, family, and friends who love me;
eyesight and dexterity to stitch and knit with.

Elizabeth

Happiness is a warm dog to cuddle with ... until she takes over the bed
and I'm sideways in the bed, pressed up against the headboard. ;-

Hard to believe in a queen sized bed with a cocker spaniel cross dog but
it's possible!

O lordy, my 25lb cocker took up much more space than my 65lb Tervuren
ever do! It was like sleeping with a rock in the middle of the bed!

Elizabeth (and I still miss him!)
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

My 8.5 lb. Puff does much the same. He spreads himself out right in the
middle and takes up at least 2/3 of the bed while I cling to the edge.

Could it be that we allow it and they take full advantage of us ????
;*))

Nah - they just have us well-trained!

Pat

Old September 28th 08, 11:19 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Bruce Fletcher (remove dentures to reply)

Lucille wrote:
My 8.5 lb. Puff does much the same. He spreads himself out right in the
middle and takes up at least 2/3 of the bed while I cling to the edge.

Could it be that we allow it and they take full advantage of us ???? ;*))

When I was away from home on business for weeks at a time Maureen let
Frank, our German Shepherd, sleep on the bed. It was not unknown for
Maureen to get out of bed at one side and then get in at the other side
so that Frank could stretch out.
--
Bruce Fletcher
Stronsay, Orkney UK
Old September 28th 08, 11:20 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Dr. Brat

lucretia borgia wrote:

I also when digging in my stash came across Emie Bishops Unfinished
Sampler Bell Pull, a UFO for the sake of maybe an hour or two work on
the very bottom. I am resolved to finish that now, how nice can that
get that a couple of hours work gives a finish ? Mind I am altering
the pattern of course, didn't like all of the hardanger on the bottom
and hated the cutsey heart hanging from it lol

I could have sworn that the point of the title of the Unfinished Sampler
was that it is to be finished, rearranged, moved around however the
stitcher would like, no?

Elizabeth
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old September 28th 08, 11:41 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Amber

On 28 Sep., 16:35, anne wrote:
- having the right size open back frame, a can of dark green spray paint to
tone down the fake gold colour, and a sharp Xacto knife to finish the $10
bargain bought at seminar

- an invitation to dinner to see the girls ;-)

next!!!!!

--
another anne, add ingers to reply

A newly aquired ott-lite task lamp, and all collegues referring all
cross-stitch customers to me

Old September 29th 08, 12:42 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Pat P[_2_]

wrote in message ...
Lucille wrote:
My 8.5 lb. Puff does much the same. He spreads himself out right in
the middle and takes up at least 2/3 of the bed while I cling to the
edge.

Could it be that we allow it and they take full advantage of us ????
;*))

When I was away from home on business for weeks at a time Maureen let
Frank, our German Shepherd, sleep on the bed. It was not unknown for
Maureen to get out of bed at one side and then get in at the other side so
that Frank could stretch out.
--
Bruce Fletcher
Stronsay, Orkney UK
"To every complex problem there is a solution which is simple, neat and
wrong"

See what I mean? Well-trained! Maureen, that is!

Pat

Old September 29th 08, 12:54 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
[email protected]

On Sep 28, 3:21*pm, Cheryl Isaak wrote:
On 9/28/08 2:07 PM, in article
, "val189"

wrote:

stumbling upon a website where a guy posted a review about the
cordless mouse we couldn't get to work no how. *He said the
instructions show the battery in the wrong way. *Voila - problem
solved. *I wrote him a message of profuse thanks.

...finding vanilla for 3 dollars for a large *bottle.

...50% off sale of items from folded drug chain.

...sleeping thru the night.

Happiness is 20 minutes alone to stitch and choose what MOM wants on TV

2 days off in a row

All the hockey gear that can be washed is washed... Well until tonight that
is....

Cheryl, when you say the hockey that can be washed, do you mean in the
machine? If yes, which pieces? I've been using Febreze and
handwashing, with less than stellar results, and it's a loooong
season!

Louisa
Old September 29th 08, 01:55 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Karen C in California

Happiness would have been the Mets getting into the playoffs. *sigh*
Repeat after me "there's always next year". (The good news is, I
finished the background of a needlepoint piece while I was watching the
game.)

Chocolate
Stitching
A warm cat
Bubble bath
Did I mention chocolate?

--
Karen C - California
Editor/Proofreader www.IntlProofingConsortium.com

SEPTEMBER IS CHRONIC PAIN AWARENESS MONTH

Finished 9/9/08 - Butterfly Drama (Dimensions)

WIP: Nativity from "Countdown to Christmas" book, Oriental Kimono
(Janlynn),
MLI The Teacher (gift to the library), Bethany Angel (Marbek)
Retrieved from UFO pile: Marbek's Snow Angel, MLI Farmers Market

CFSfacts -- where we give you the facts and dispel the myths
Myths, with research cites: http://www.aacfs.org/images/pdfs/myths.pdf
Newest research blog: http://journals.aol.com/kmc528/Lifeasweknowit/
Old September 29th 08, 02:25 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
lewmew

Breaking 30 minutes in a 5K run (did that this Saturday, so this is a
bit of a brag too!) - not bad for someone on the far side of 40

My dh asking me what threads I'll need to finish a project

My 14 yo son asking me to be at a game because it's important to him

My 13 yo dd smiling (she reminds me of that Carnival Cruise line
commercial these days)

Seeing this group be active!

Linda
Old September 29th 08, 05:56 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
fran

Watching a 13-year old bounce out of the house to show her mother the
very first garment she sewed! (with my help, that is)