New Angel

Old June 21st 04, 09:28 PM
clancy

I would love to have my walls covered with Paula Vaughan designs .... or
Barbara Baatz's many floral designs - but I think when you get right down to
it, I too am design driven more than designer driven ... like I'm not fond
of most Stoney Creek patterns, but I just HAD to do Sunset ... same for
Smoky Mountain Cats - it just fascinated me - everyone needs a change I
guess.

Sharon (N.B.)

"Dawne Peterson" wrote in message

"Dr. Brat" wrote
I like her designs and I don't at all mind being told when there is a
new one out. It's just one post in a group with a very large volume
unless someone makes a commotion about how much they hate MLI's

designs...

I cannot think of another designer who elicits such vocal response, both
for and against. There are stitchers who want to stitch every single
design she does, and who wait anxiously for each new release. Is there
anyone here who feels that way about another designer?? My choices in
pattern tend to be design driven(I just like the thing) rather than
designer driven. I mean, there are designers whose work I like, and those
whose work I don't care for, but no one whose entire oeuvre I want on my
wall. (The closest for me might be Mirabilia)
Dawne

Old June 21st 04, 10:21 PM
jv

Better to ask these questions in Marilyn's yahoo group where people
actually care about stuff like this and will find the answers.

l (cath) wrote in message ...
Dreams and it is just beautiful.
It's up on the web site
http://www.tiag.com/

probably beautiful with the white and gold...

is she holding something?

what is it?

Old June 21st 04, 11:22 PM
Dr. Brat

Dawne Peterson wrote:
"Dr. Brat" wrote

I like her designs and I don't at all mind being told when there is a
new one out. It's just one post in a group with a very large volume
unless someone makes a commotion about how much they hate MLI's

designs...

I cannot think of another designer who elicits such vocal response, both
for and against. There are stitchers who want to stitch every single
design she does, and who wait anxiously for each new release. Is there
anyone here who feels that way about another designer??

I don't really feel that way about anybody's work. I do have designers
whose work I like enough to be interested when there is something new
out, but there isn't anybody whose whole work I've bought.

My choices in
pattern tend to be design driven(I just like the thing) rather than
designer driven. I mean, there are designers whose work I like, and those
whose work I don't care for, but no one whose entire oeuvre I want on my
wall. (The closest for me might be Mirabilia)

I'd have to go count to see if I have more Mirabilia, Just Nan, or more
Emily Bishop. I'm pretty much just looking these days, though, no
matter who the designer is, because I already have so many patterns that
I know I'll never get to them all. But I do love to look. I have The
Silver Needle's "Just Arrived" page bookmarked and check it frequently
(even though I'm not sure I'll ever buy from them again, given the bad
service I got the last time) just to drool over what's new.

It just seems to me that people post about new designs from various
designers, but only one of them gets a guaranteed negative response on
this group.

Elizabeth
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Old June 21st 04, 11:45 PM
Rhea

I like MLI designs. I went and looked at this one and I thought, "yes" I like
that. THEN I went and looked at home many beads and speciality threads that I
would need and I think I might pass on this one. There have been several in
the last few years that I have passed on for this reason. I recently bought
several of her Amish designs that I don't have in my collection. Of course,
those are all simply cross stitch (no beads, no speciality threads). I just
love to stitch, and that is all I want to do. I'm not wild about stressing
over attaching beads where more end up in the floor than on my piece or
wrestling with the speciality threads that feel like horse hair.

Rhea from KY

Subject: New Angel

Old June 21st 04, 11:49 PM
Rhea

Since I am a fan of sorts, I would like to visit the yahoo group. I did a
search for it, but I don't know what it is called. Does anybody know?

Rhea from KY

From: (jv)
Date: 6/21/2004 5:21 PM Eastern Daylight Time

Old June 21st 04, 11:52 PM
Seanette Blaylock

"Dawne Peterson" had some very interesting
things to say about New Angel:

I cannot think of another designer who elicits such vocal response, both
for and against. There are stitchers who want to stitch every single
design she does, and who wait anxiously for each new release. Is there
anyone here who feels that way about another designer??

I like the Cattitudes series, but am content at this point to collect
the designs themselves :-). [Reminds me, does anyone know if
Cattitudes 13 is out yet?]

--
"Don't mess with major appliances unless you know what you are doing
(or unless your life insurance policy is up-to-date)." - John, RCFL
Old June 22nd 04, 12:49 AM
Caryn

It just seems to me that people post about new designs from various
designers, but only one of them gets a guaranteed negative response on
this group.

Elizabeth

Were you here when that designer was here?

She didn't exactly endear herself to a lot of people.

Caryn
Blue Wizard Designs
http://hometown.aol.com/crzy4xst/index.html
Updated: 7/7/03 -- now available Dragon of the Stars
View WIPs at: http://community.webshots.com/user/carynlws (Caryn's UFO's)
Old June 22nd 04, 12:50 AM
Caryn

Since I am a fan of sorts, I would like to visit the yahoo group. I did a
search for it, but I don't know what it is called. Does anybody know?

Marilyn's Garden

Iink is:

Good luck!

Old June 22nd 04, 01:19 AM
Dr. Brat

Caryn wrote:
It just seems to me that people post about new designs from various
designers, but only one of them gets a guaranteed negative response on
this group.

Were you here when that designer was here?

Why, yes, I was.

She didn't exactly endear herself to a lot of people.

Yes, but now she's gone and it's over. Why not just let it go?

Elizabeth