Bucilla - Threads in their kits

Old February 25th 19, 11:31 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
[email protected]

Default Bucilla - Threads in their kits

On Saturday, February 23, 2019 at 4:29:49 PM UTC-6, Arliss Link wrote:
I'm peaking in, since I do get the digest and see that Joan has mentioned my name. I know that Joan intends to enter the foxgloves bell pull at her county fair. I would hope (but suspect it might not work out) that she could enter her hollyhock bell pull at the same time; I might persuade her to hold off and enter both at the same time next year.

LOL! There's absolutely *no* way I'd get them both done! Haven't touched the hollyhocks since I started yours.

I've been working on a couple of Mirabilia designs - Stone Roses (just beads and ribbon work left) and Lady of the Flag (just a bit of a hair color change,

Ooo, you didn't tell me you finally decided on the hair! Last I heard you were pulling your own out trying to decide!

We're supposed to get *another* 1-3 tomorrow or Wed. sigh. I just hope it's a nice slooooooow melt, so we don't have another 1997 flood! Everyone is complaining about the snow, but these are the kinds of winters I remember while growing up, so to me it's back to "normal". People just aren't used to it anymore, I think.

Joan
Old February 25th 19, 11:32 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
[email protected]

On Sunday, February 24, 2019 at 8:53:31 AM UTC-6, Rich wrote:

I just finished a little wren and "Tweet Heart Ornament" by Lucie
Heaton (a little bird from a magazine). I had it framed. Picture is
on FaceBook. I also finished "Grateful Every Day" by My Big Toe. I am
almost half done on "Halloween" by Renato Parolin. I put it aside to
work on "Hope Blooms" by Patti Conner of SamSarah Design Studio. The
chart uses all 35 of the new DMC colors.

Rich

You've been a busy boy, Rich! Those look like fun designs.
Joan
Old February 27th 19, 12:25 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Arliss Link[_2_]

I would hope (but suspect it might not work out) that she could enter her hollyhock bell pull at the same time; I might persuade her to hold off and enter both at the same time next year.

LOL! There's absolutely *no* way I'd get them both done! Haven't touched the hollyhocks since I started yours.

Hahahahaha I said you could hold off and enter both together NEXT year.

I've been working on a couple of Mirabilia designs - Stone Roses (just beads and ribbon work left) and Lady of the Flag (just a bit of a hair color change,

Ooo, you didn't tell me you finally decided on the hair! Last I heard you were pulling your own out trying to decide!

And I'm still unsure, but I'll try some colors (I've pulled a lot of "blonde" flosses and will try them out on a scrap of the fabric; the over-dyed fabric is the main problem, but I'm not going to start over on the recommended fabric now.

We're supposed to get *another* 1-3 tomorrow or Wed. sigh. I just hope it's a nice slooooooow melt, so we don't have another 1997 flood! Everyone is complaining about the snow, but these are the kinds of winters I remember while growing up, so to me it's back to "normal". People just aren't used to it anymore, I think.

Joan

I think you've had more snow there than we have here, but there's still an awful lot piled up on my lawn. (It does provide some privacy from the street!) But this month has been just bitterly cold, with nothing above 20F the whole month - and that happened only once or twice on widely separated days. My gas fireplace gets used a lot. It snowed overnight and most of today, but it *might* be finished now.

Old February 27th 19, 01:01 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
[email protected]

On Tuesday, February 26, 2019 at 5:25:45 PM UTC-6, Arliss Link wrote:

Hahahahaha I said you could hold off and enter both together NEXT year.

True, but then I wouldn't get blue and purple ribbons on *both* of them!!! There *is* a method to my madness.

I think you've had more snow there than we have here, but there's still an awful lot piled up on my lawn. (It does provide some privacy from the street!) But this month has been just bitterly cold, with nothing above 20F the whole month - and that happened only once or twice on widely separated days. My gas fireplace gets used a lot. It snowed overnight and most of today, but it *might* be finished now.

I'll have to send you the pic of my mom's mailbox. All you can see is the door! It's been snowing lightly here since noon and is supposed to continue into tomorrow. With no wind, it's making the roads slippery (there is *something* good about wind! LOL).

Joan

Old January 8th 21, 03:00 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
[email protected]

On Thursday, January 24, 2019 at 1:57:26 PM UTC-8, wrote:
On Wednesday, April 10, 1996 at 2:00:00 AM UTC-5, Diane Dodds wrote:
I am currently working a Bucilla kit called
the Needlework Shoppe. I have come to just about
the 3/4 point in the kit and I am running out of
about 1/3 of the different colours. Bucilla lists
a bunch of numbers in their thread list in the kit,
but don't say whether the threads are DMC or whatever.
Does anyone know what type of thread they use? I
intend to finish the kit as far as possible, keeping
a sample of which threads I am running out of, try
and match it to DMC or Anchor and if that is not
possible I will have to write to them for additional
supplies.

Add my voice to the list of people stating why
they don't buy kits! I keep this kit at work so
that I have something to stitch at noonhour and it
is most annoying that I won't get this finished
before it is too nice outside to sit inside stitching!

Arrgh.

is anyone around any more