News Print

Old July 9th 11, 10:42 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
GrammyKathy[_3_]

Default News Print

Does anyone know where I can order newsprint for paper piecing. I
ordered some once and now I can't find the place on line.
Old July 10th 11, 12:23 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
NightMist

On Sat, 09 Jul 2011 14:42:52 -0700, GrammyKathy wrote:

Does anyone know where I can order newsprint for paper piecing. I
ordered some once and now I can't find the place on line.

First, check the nearest newspaper.
Many of them sell the ends of rolls (butt ends) that are too short to
bother with in the press, but have tons of paper on them so far as the
average person is concerned. They usually sell them very cheaply too.

If you have no joy there, Dick Blick is usually a good option for
assorted papers.

http://www.dickblick.com/products/pacon-newsprint-roll/

The above link is the best buy, but there are several other newsprint
options.

NightMist

--
I'm raising a developmentally disabled child. What's your superpower?
Old July 10th 11, 04:40 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
bvolman

You can also go to Office Depot or a similar place. They sell flip chart
pads, which is what I buy. I cut each sheet into 8 letter sized pages. I
find this much easier than ordering online. It is probably cheaper too since
you don't have to pay for mailing.

Old July 16th 11, 12:37 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Betty Evans

Or go to your local newspaper office. They sell, or give away, end rolls.
Cut them the same as you would the flip charts.

Betty in WI

border print KI Graham Quilting 13 August 25th 07 04:30 AM
stitching "print" bheider Needlework 2 May 31st 04 09:16 PM
finally back home, good news and bad news Terbear Quilting 3 April 8th 04 02:37 PM
print to fabirc? NeonJesus Quilting 1 July 31st 03 05:07 AM
print to fabirc? Kathy General Crafting 2 July 27th 03 08:27 PM