new member

Old March 2nd 07, 02:42 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
hmharris

Default new member

Your quilts are beautiful. And so different. Maybe one day I can make
quilts like those!
Helen
"orchidlover" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi, I'm Gina a 38yr old housewife and mother of a 12yr old girl. I
live in caerphilly, a town in the South Wales valleys, UK.
I've been quilting for about 8 years and enjoy all aspects of it. I
hand and machine piece and applique. Although I machine quilt for
speed I prefer hand quilting.
I normally have at least 4 projects on the go at any one time. Hand
piecing, machine piecing, hand quilting and machine quilting. i refuse
to start another project until I've finished my previous.
I normally spend around three hours a day on my projects.
Away from patchwork and quilting I enjoy gardening, keeping orchids
( hence the nickname) and watching soccer.

I'm quite chatty and will try to join in with most discussions.

My website is http://community.webshots.com/user/orchidlover05

Looking forward to getting to know you all

love and hugs gina xxx

Old March 2nd 07, 03:05 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

Hullo Gina, and welcome.
Nice to have someone from *South Wales. I am not that far from you,
South Shropshire. I mean, it is quite far, in time, because of the
roads! but not so far as the crow flies. Hope you like cheese g
Orchids, too! Have you made your orchid quilt yet? That would be
stunning.
I've saved you website for looking at later - I'm in a bit of a rush at
the minute.
Hope to see/hear from you again soon.
..
In message . com,
orchidlover writes

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill

Old March 2nd 07, 03:31 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Megwen Woodham

Welcome to the group, I'm just "over the bridge" in Bath, and I have family
living in Caerphilly.

Love the quilts,

Megwen
Bath, England
"Patti" wrote in message
Hullo Gina, and welcome.
Nice to have someone from *South Wales. I am not that far from you, South
Shropshire. I mean, it is quite far, in time, because of the roads! but
not so far as the crow flies. Hope you like cheese g
Orchids, too! Have you made your orchid quilt yet? That would be
stunning.
I've saved you website for looking at later - I'm in a bit of a rush at
the minute.
Hope to see/hear from you again soon.
.
In message . com,
orchidlover writes

Old March 2nd 07, 04:23 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Estelle Gallagher

Welcome Gina from sunny Cornwall UK. You have been "doing it" about the same
time as me!I have umpteen projects on the go at any given time and
occasionally I actually finish one g I am addicted.
--
Estelle UK
http://uk.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/gal.../ph//my_photos

Old March 2nd 07, 06:03 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sally Swindells

orchidlover wrote:
Hi, I'm Gina a 38yr old housewife and mother of a 12yr old girl. I
live in caerphilly, a town in the South Wales valleys, UK.
I've been quilting for about 8 years and enjoy all aspects of it. I
hand and machine piece and applique. Although I machine quilt for
speed I prefer hand quilting.
I normally have at least 4 projects on the go at any one time. Hand
piecing, machine piecing, hand quilting and machine quilting. i refuse
to start another project until I've finished my previous.
I normally spend around three hours a day on my projects.
Away from patchwork and quilting I enjoy gardening, keeping orchids
( hence the nickname) and watching soccer.

I'm quite chatty and will try to join in with most discussions.

My website is http://community.webshots.com/user/orchidlover05

Looking forward to getting to know you all

love and hugs gina xxx

Welcome Gina - I am at the other side of the UK to you - East Anglia.
What lovely colourful quilts, and orchids too. I have just killed my
orchid (it finished flowering, and then everything went wrong) -
fortunately it is not possible to kill quilts!! Not unless you try
really hard.

The 'Threads and Swirls' looks interesting - reminds me of a drawing toy
my children had, but can't remember its name.

--
Sally at the Seaside ~~~~~~~~~~ (uk)
Old March 2nd 07, 06:12 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Judy

Welcome to our cyberframe, Gina!
It's a great group. Pull up a chair and some chocolates (oh,.... and
fabric!)
ME-Judy

Old March 2nd 07, 06:57 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti S

Gina,
Your quilts are lovely. I'm particularly fond of the "Dazzling
Diamonds" - beautiful use of color.
Your orchids are very pretty too!

Patti in Seattle

Old March 2nd 07, 07:27 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy

In article . com,
"orchidlover" wrote:

Hi, I'm Gina a 38yr old housewife and mother of a 12yr old girl. I
live in caerphilly, a town in the South Wales valleys, UK.
I've been quilting for about 8 years and enjoy all aspects of it. I
hand and machine piece and applique. Although I machine quilt for
speed I prefer hand quilting.
I normally have at least 4 projects on the go at any one time. Hand
piecing, machine piecing, hand quilting and machine quilting. i refuse
to start another project until I've finished my previous.
I normally spend around three hours a day on my projects.
Away from patchwork and quilting I enjoy gardening, keeping orchids
( hence the nickname) and watching soccer.

I'm quite chatty and will try to join in with most discussions.

My website is http://community.webshots.com/user/orchidlover05

Looking forward to getting to know you all

love and hugs gina xxx

Welcome, Gina! I've just had a lovely tour through your quilts --
they're just beautiful. Did you design Patchwork in Perspective
yourself? It's amazing! And I just love Into Africa; are the giraffes in
the outer blocks quilted, or is that the fabric?

--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
sfoster 1 (at) earthlink (dot) net (remove/change the obvious)

Hi from a New Member hesira Yarn 23 March 17th 06 05:12 AM
New member pbquiltartist Quilting 8 December 8th 04 05:40 PM
New member pbquiltartist Quilting 0 December 7th 04 12:18 PM
new member oldbag Yarn 19 April 20th 04 03:31 AM