2 down, 4 to go & my fabric talks to me

Old August 11th 03, 10:36 AM
Diana Curtis

It talks to me. It shouts and argues and debates and sometimes it even
prevaricates!
You are normal, and sounds like you are having a ton of fun!!!!
Let us know when the pics are ready to veiw please?
Diana

--
http://photos.yahoo.com/lunamom44
"Kathy in CA" wrote in message
I now have TWO COMPLETED quilts. I have 4 more tops waiting to be quilted!
My queen size Blue Roses is 1/2 done, but too hot too work on in this heat
So really only 3 1/2!

FINISHED my 3D fan quilt for my DGS this weekend. He doesnt get it though
'til his 1st b-day in Nov. It was a pill to complete. The 1st border I had
on it I did not like so took it off and changed to a bright turquiose

fabric
with neon colored frogs for the border and back. After the first quilting,
the border and backing turned out wonky so ripped it out and redid. Added
another layer of batting too 'cause I thought it too thin. I was going to
put ties in the center of the fans but that didnt look right so added more
MQ instead. I am now satisfied with it.
Washed it yesterday. Will add the label tonight. Also made a pillow case

store it in with the left over frog fabric. (Pictures still in camera.

I am itching to start a new quilt top. I have all fabric I need to start

my
log cabin. But my fabric keeps telling me NOT YET Some of the fabric is
yelling at me "use me, use me." A couple are whispering "if you use me you
won't like it." Others are saying quietly "I'll look OK" and so there it
sits waiting for the right fabric to yell at me when I go to the fabric
shops.

I bought some fabric yesterday at 2 different Joann's. I was looking for
fabric for a class I am taking in Sept. At the first Joann's I found a lt
lime green with white flowers that was sorta OK to go with the forest

green
I already had and so I bought it. At the 2nd Joann's I found a Crackled
Green which screamed at me "buy me, buy me" and it was PERFECT to go with
the forest green I also bought some sky blue with white speckles that
said "use me in a baby quilt" as I had decided to make a baby quilt for my
dd's friend (she's having her 2nd boy).

Does your fabric talk to you? Does this mean I have the dreaded disease
called "quilt fever" ??

--
Kathy in CA
Quilting Stuff:

Old August 11th 03, 07:36 PM
Kathy in CA

Default 2 down, 4 to go & my fabric talks to me

I now have TWO COMPLETED quilts. I have 4 more tops waiting to be quilted!
My queen size Blue Roses is 1/2 done, but too hot too work on in this heat
So really only 3 1/2!

FINISHED my 3D fan quilt for my DGS this weekend. He doesnt get it though
'til his 1st b-day in Nov. It was a pill to complete. The 1st border I had
on it I did not like so took it off and changed to a bright turquiose fabric
with neon colored frogs for the border and back. After the first quilting,
the border and backing turned out wonky so ripped it out and redid. Added
another layer of batting too 'cause I thought it too thin. I was going to
put ties in the center of the fans but that didnt look right so added more
MQ instead. I am now satisfied with it.
Washed it yesterday. Will add the label tonight. Also made a pillow case to

Old August 11th 03, 10:34 PM
Patti

Just today I have been selecting fabric, Kathy; and I do believe I
heard one or two whispers - for the first time. Maybe my fabric is
learning to talk - OR - I am learning to listen?!!
Well done on all this finishing!!
..
In article , Kathy in CA
writes
[...]

Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old August 12th 03, 12:00 AM
Elena

Congratulations on your completed quilt!! We love to do Happy Dances for
FINISHED! yay! Can't wait to see pictures!

Elena in Texas, kicking up her heels for you!

Old August 12th 03, 03:40 AM
Ellison

Howdy!
Finished is good!
Congrats!

Shake it up, Baby!
Twist and Shout!!!!!!!

Ragmop/Sandy--dancing in the rain
"frood" wrote in message
om...
Woo Hoo! Spike and Giles are joining me in Happy Dancing for your finished
quilt!

Yes, my fabric talks to me all the time. Sometimes it even whispers to me

in
my sleep! Fabric has also been known to leap off shelves at you, so look
out!

--
Wendy
de-fang email address to reply

"Kathy in CA" wrote in message
[...]

*snipped*

FABRICS on Bidville joan Marketplace 0 October 5th 03 05:52 PM
Tapestry frame or embroidery hoop Jill Spottiswoode Needlework 7 September 22nd 03 10:27 AM
Wonky Fabric Rant Tia Mary-remove nekoluvr to reply Quilting 15 August 8th 03 12:50 PM
72 Excuses for Adding to Your Stash Debbi Quilting 16 July 29th 03 12:18 PM