Birthday s.e.x.

Old March 16th 04, 05:50 PM
Joan Erickson

Default Birthday s.e.x.

Yesterday I hit the big 5-0. sigh. There were a couple of bright
spots, though. My family had a party for me on Sunday. The brighter
spots among the presents: my brother (3 yrs. younger) decided that since
I was now "old", I deserved an old present. He brought in a huge box
that he'd picked up at a rummage sale of old crochet, knitting and cross
stitch patterns!!!! It reeks of smoke so it's airing out in the garage
right now, but it's going to be fun going through it when it smells a
bit better. "D"H said, when he heard about it, "Just what we need
around here--more patterns!" :-p~~~~ to him!!! LOL! Then one of my
sisters sent me a package and in the card said she'd sent me 3 little
friends to help me celebrate (3 Beanies) and a "fifty-hued rose". HUH?
It was 50 skeins of floss all tied together with a ribbon! )))
Then last night at bowling, the girls brought 5 purple balloons and one
mylar with "Over the hill but aged to perfection" tied to a bag of
Hershey's Treasures caramels. Stash and chocolate---what better b-d
present could there be???? )))
--
Joan

See my first-ever design he
http://www.heritageshoppe.com/joan.jpg

"Stitch when you are young and poor, frame when you are old and rich."
- Elizabeth's (rctn'r) sister's MIL (Barbara Marr)

Old March 16th 04, 07:29 PM
Karen C - California

In article , Joan Erickson
writes:

:-p~~~~ to him!!!

If you had to choose between your DH and your stash......
I said :-p~~~ to my financial drain, and kept the stash instead!

Happy Birthday, you old bat! (I can't be approaching 50, I've been 25 for
years.)

--
Finished 12/14/03 -- Mermaid (Dimensions)
WIP: Fireman's Prayer, Amid Amish Life, Angel of Autumn, Calif Sampler, Holiday

Paralegal - Writer - Editor - Researcher
http://hometown.aol.com/kmc528/KMC.html
Old March 16th 04, 08:24 PM
Cheryl Isaak

On 3/16/04 11:50 AM, in article
, "Joan Erickson"
wrote:

[...]

Slightly (ok very) off key!
Happy Birthday to you
(repeat!)

Cheryl

Old March 17th 04, 12:22 AM
Darla

On Tue, 16 Mar 2004 10:50:51 -0600, Joan Erickson
wrote:

Yesterday I hit the big 5-0. sigh.

Happy birthday, Joan!! Enjoy your sweetpeas (what a great birthday
present!! LOL).
Darla
Sacred cows make great hamburgers.
Old March 17th 04, 03:37 PM
Joan Erickson

Karen C - California wrote:

If you had to choose between your DH and your stash......
I said :-p~~~ to my financial drain, and kept the stash instead!

I will admit that there are those days!!!!! LOL!

Happy Birthday, you old bat! (I can't be approaching 50, I've been 25 for
years.)

Thank you! And how many years have you been 25? HMMMM????? 'fess up,
now, Karen! LOL!

Old March 17th 04, 04:32 PM
Joan Erickson

Darla wrote:

Happy birthday, Joan!! Enjoy your sweetpeas (what a great birthday
present!! LOL).

Oh, goodie! More birthday s.e.x! Yes they definitely will be a great
present!!! Maybe they'll come today fingers crossed
My sister was going to send me some bulbs to plant, so I told her to be
sure they were for zone 3. She called all the garden shops (she lives
near San Diego in the mountains), and they didn't have any. Hmmm.
Wonder why?!?! LOL! She's sending me a check instead so I can get some
here. Maybe I'll use it for a climbing fence for the sweet peas!!!
I'll probably be emailing you for hints about planting them since they
will be my first ones.
Thanks again, Darla!

Old March 17th 04, 06:38 PM
Karen C - California

In article , Joan Erickson
writes:

And how many years have you been 25? HMMMM????? 'fess up,
now, Karen! LOL

Long enough to be approaching the second go-round.

--
Finished 3/17/04 -- Elmo

Old March 17th 04, 06:38 PM
Karen C - California

In article , Joan Erickson
writes:

She called all the garden shops (she lives
near San Diego in the mountains), and they didn't have any. Hmmm.
Wonder why?!?!

Well, there are *some* places in the California mountains that may approach
Zone 3. She should've poked around while y'all were in Reno.

We, ha ha, are expecting an end-of-winter chill. shiver It's going down to
78 over the weekend. I'd better go dig out the parka so I don't get frostbite.

--
Finished 3/17/04 -- Elmo

Old March 17th 04, 11:34 PM
Joan Erickson

Karen C - California wrote:

In article , Joan Erickson
writes:

Well, there are *some* places in the California mountains that may approach
Zone 3. She should've poked around while y'all were in Reno.

Yeah, well she never made it to Reno, either! They would have had
good skiing weather, too, with all the snow they got in the mts that
weekend!

We, ha ha, are expecting an end-of-winter chill. shiver It's going down to
78 over the weekend. I'd better go dig out the parka so I don't get frostbite.

Smarty pants!!! :-p~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~