9 patch variation

Old September 16th 04, 03:46 AM
maryd

Default 9 patch variation

Last spring someone posted a variation to the 9 patch... outer patches could
vary but center should be all the same. Cut in quarters, rotate and sew
back together. Well, I tried it. And today I finished quilting and binding
the quilt. I just added it to my webshots completed album if you care to
look.

--
Mary

Old September 16th 04, 11:47 AM
WhansaMi

Last spring someone posted a variation to the 9 patch... outer patches could
vary but center should be all the same. Cut in quarters, rotate and sew
back together. Well, I tried it. And today I finished quilting and binding
the quilt. I just added it to my webshots completed album if you care to
look.

--
Mary

Mary, I went to your site -- lovely quilts! -- but I couldn't find the nine
patch. Which folder is it in?

Sheila
Old September 16th 04, 04:12 PM
Sandy Foster

In article , "maryd"
wrote:

Last spring someone posted a variation to the 9 patch... outer patches could
vary but center should be all the same. Cut in quarters, rotate and sew
back together. Well, I tried it. And today I finished quilting and binding
the quilt. I just added it to my webshots completed album if you care to
look.

Wow! I'd never have guessed that that was a nine-patch! How interesting!

--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://home.earthlink.net/~sfoster1
Old September 16th 04, 04:42 PM
maryd

It's in the completed album. I realized I called it 9 piece instead of 9
patch. I fixed that this morning.

--
Mary

Old September 16th 04, 04:44 PM
maryd

It's now called a 9 patch. :-) It was simple but fun to make.

--
Mary
"Michelle in Gander" wrote in message
It's in the finished quilts one,but she called it a 9 piece.
It fooled me too when I went to see it. Not what I'd expect from a 9

patch.
I love it though. The simplicity of 9 patch piecing with a really
complicated-looking finshed product. Great job!
Michelle in Gander

Old September 16th 04, 04:47 PM
maryd

It was someone on this group that posted the idea. It was one of the first
quilts I pieced.

--
Mary

Old September 16th 04, 10:40 PM
nana2b

Beautiful job. I love it! What a wonderful illusion. Linda

Old September 16th 04, 10:43 PM
nana2b

Any chance of the instructions? pretty please? Linda

Old September 16th 04, 11:07 PM
maryd

I made a 9 patch with the center patch the orange. Cut into quarters. I
think then the top left is turned to the left 180 and bottom right to the
right 180 and stitched together. I don't have the instructions any more.
Maybe the person that posted the directions originally will see this.

--
Mary

Old September 16th 04, 11:19 PM
maryd

Thanks.

--
Mary
"nana2b" wrote in message
Beautiful job. I love it! What a wonderful illusion. Linda

QSD: Simple Nine Patch Pat in Virginia Quilting 59 June 8th 04 05:54 PM
Crazy patch Quilt SC Quilting 3 April 4th 04 12:06 AM
A real 4 patch Happy Dance Lindroos Quilting 2 February 4th 04 04:42 PM
Egg patch material? Erin Nelson General Crafting 2 January 1st 04 03:56 PM
Nine patch quilt blocks Beth Pierce Quilting 1 November 1st 03 02:41 PM